Providence wears green | The Boneyard

Providence wears green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Very, very nice gesture by Providence College tonight.

They had Nike make special uniforms for their game tonight and those uniforms will be donated to the Newtown families. The uniforms were green with the name "Sandy Hook" on the back.

(A link)

Reaction Score
Very, very nice gesture by Providence College tonight.

They had Nike make special uniforms for their game tonight and those uniforms will be donated to the Newtown families. The uniforms were green with the name "Sandy Hook" on the back.

We all bash PC, but what an awesome gesture! As I posted prior, these horrifying tragedies bring out the best in us, and bring us together.

PS: I can't wait till we can bash PC again.

Reaction Score
Any gesture like this is very positive and important now. Anyone who hasn't been extremely saddened and hurt by this... Well... They should be. Cheers to you PC. I hope this incident brings tangible change

Reaction Score
Great stuff from them. Wasn't that HFD's initial idea?

Reaction Score
It's an awesome gesture by Providence - but I agree with your second paragraph - I don't find it to be a competition to see who's better at it. You do what feels right and appropriate. We set up a scholarship fund, and the team will go down there and practice, sign autographs, etc. after the new year once the town is a little more back to normal. And even if we thought of full green jerseys, we had one less day to prepare and might not have gotten them in time.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
im a jackass and friar, bean and everyone is right. i'm hyped up over the stuff between the human chain vs WBC and how bad our ad markets stuff and creates ideas...my bad me. i think i should just stop posting on this board for a while. sorry

Reaction Score
Gotta hand it to PC - that was a tremendous gesture. Props to them.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great gesture. Cooley coached in the area! This hit him hard.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Awesome job by Providence. Fantastic.

I also agree, it's not a competition, and the UConn scholarship fund is a tremendous gesture- one that will have the longest lasting impact.

But this is the type of tribute that UConn is simply not creative enough to think of, and its kind of frustrating. You think UConn couldn't have gotten those jerseys? You think they could not have gotten the NHS uniforms? Couldn't have informed the fans of the tribute with more than five and a half hours notice? The players and coaches are clearly deeply moved by what happened. Boatright with SH on his cheek was a very touching gesture.

At the same time its really just nitpicking, so the whole thing's moot, I guess.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
True.

I want to be really really careful here. Because the fund is THE MOST important thing, and Im not nearly as certifiable as HFD.

Reaction Score
I want to be really really careful here. Because the fund is THE MOST important thing, and Im not nearly as certifiable as HFD.

I agree with what everyone else has said. There is no right or wrong way of doing a tribute and there is no tribute that is "better" than another one. There is however different levels of creativity and UConn is never at the forefront of creativity - be it marketing tickets, selling merchandise or organizing tributes.

The last (and perhaps only) creative thing I remember UConn doing was when they got students to fill seats of all the season ticket holders that could not show up because of the blizzard for a nationally televised primetime game against Pitt.

Reaction Score
Thats really nice. I just read the article and it said Cooley wants to wear special jerseys every year around this time to honor the victims.

Reaction Score
At the UCONN game on Monday night...the moment of silence with the players, dance team and students in a large circle holding 26 candles was touching. Patches on the uniforms...

caw

Reaction Score
Quite frankly this is one of the few times I hope every school in southern NE beats UConn and not because UConn's tribute was bad, but because UConn's was very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom