Providence survives Xavier in 3OT | The Boneyard

Providence survives Xavier in 3OT

Reaction Score
Xavier had ball with the shot clock turned off in a tie game for both the end of regulation and 1st OT and scored no points (and shot so early in 1st OT that Prov had a shot to win it). Hit game tying shot in 2nd OT as time expired. And then went to a zone they had clearly never practiced in 3OT and Prov scored on almost every possession.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I believe their road games with Creighton and Seton Hall.

They already beat SH at home and will play Creighton this weekend. Of course they won at XL as well.
Yeah but they beat Seton hall when SH was severely undermanned.

Reaction Score
Would I rather be on Providence’s side of the bracket than Nova’s? Yes. But nothing to do but win out and then worry about the bracket. I’m certainly not willing to lose at Creighton to be on Providence’s side of the draw.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I felt a little bad for the Wyoming & CSU fans. I hate when the game before us goes long. Imagine not being on TV as much as us and having half or more of your game not be seen because the Dunk is Leaking and it went to triple OT. I would be Hurley level angry if that happened to me.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'll be quite happy watching us play our game from here on out and letting the chips fall where they may.

If we haven't yet reached the point where we no longer need to worry about matchups we are close enough that we should no longer worry.

Reaction Score
I'll be quite happy watching us play our game from here on out and letting the chips fall where they may.

If we haven't yet reached the point where we no longer need to worry about matchups we are close enough that we should no longer worry.
I'm with you from the standpoint of advancing in the postseason, achieving team goals, etc., but selfishly I'd like the tournaments to unfold in a maximally entertaining way. I'd almost rather lose to Villanova in an epic Big East championship game than beat Seton Hall in the final after they knocked out Providence.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what my dream scenario is because I have no effect on anything, so I just want UConn to win every game regardless of whom they play. No harm in thinking about my dream scenario though.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Providence is clearly good, but the computers aren't that wrong. At some point all these close games come back to bite you, and it is shaping up like it will happen at a bad time for them.

Reaction Score
PC has needed 5 OT's to beat Xavier, Butler, and DePaul.

The worst thing about their fanbase is they can't even have fun with the run they've been on. Luckiest team in the country by far.

Beating Wisconsin without Davis isn't beating Wisconsin. Beating UConn without Sanogo isn't beating UConn. Credit to them because they can only play the teams in front of them and they're winning - but their fans are so serious about it.

Trying to act like they've been there before when they literally have 1 NCAA win in the last 2 decades. URI has more.

Have fun with it. You're a scrappy small-school program having a dream season where the ball keeps bouncing your way. Embrace the luck. But my God they're insufferable and they can't even have fun.

Reaction Score
Have fun with it. You're a scrappy small-school program having a dream season where the ball keeps bouncing your way. Embrace the luck. But my God they're insufferable and they can't even have fun.
Call me crazy but it seems like quite a few folks at the Dunk are having fun. Even without umbrellas...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom