Providence Postgame Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Providence Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That was a fun game. Good to see everyone get extended minutes and be productive. Bodes well for the season moving forward. Yes, the game Sunday will be a challenge, but I'm not overly concerned. Lou had several nice assists while she was not particularly aggressive shooting the ball. Really enjoyed watching Ines and Amari play. There is definitely potential there.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The most active I have seen Amari in a game and without trying some of the fancy passes. Good game, happy for her.

As far as Patterson, every time I watch her around the basket, it kind of reminds me of Mir McLean but more athletic. They both don't seem to have a sense of where the basket is.
It actually reminds me a bit of Aubrey in her freshman year. She needs to slow down when she is shooting. She has already become less frenetic on defense and at the high post she is also playing slower and making better passing decisions.

Reaction Score
Fantastic game!! " everybody eats " as everybody scored. Aaliyah and Aubrey double doubles. Caroline 10 points, Ines 2 three pointers, another 3 point threat to go with Azzi and Lou. Uconn is on it's way to another league championship. I don't see any to beat them. Now bring on ND! Uconn is ready for them. PS. South Florida Bulls beat Texas 70-65.

Reaction Score
So did anyone else notice Valley scolding Paige for jumping up and down on her healing knee?
She was scolding her for going on the court.

Reaction Score
The four subs shot 50% from the field (10 for 20) and 50% from three. They also had 12 (!) assists. Haven't been able to say that too often.

Reaction Score
It's pretty clear at this point that this team can shoot with any team in the nation. That's a great skill to have. As a TEAM we are shooting .538 and .427 from 3.

Lou is shooting .50% from 3 now. I don't see how they maintain these numbers but even approaching them for the year would be terrific.

Reaction Score
Im the one who said it and I have since been corrected. I totally underestimated and undervalued her pass firstness and this team compliments her style of play more than anyone. When Paige returns there's going to be issues because I don't know how you not start her at this point and make Paige and Azzi her passing targets.

You are NOT the only one. There were a lot of people that said it.

Reaction Score
Great team win by UCONN. Everyone (9 players) scored and rebounded. Five players scored in double figures led by Aubrey and Lou with 18. Aubrey was sensational especially in the first half with 15 pts (6 of 6, 3 of 3 ft), 7 reb, 2 stl and 0 TO. She finished with 18 pts, 10 reb, 2stl. Nika had 9 ast in first half and ended the game with 12 ast. Aaliyah had yet another double double with 14 pts and 10 reb.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The most active I have seen Amari in a game and without trying some of the fancy passes. Good game, happy for her.

As far as Patterson, every time I watch her around the basket, it kind of reminds me of Mir McLean but more athletic. They both don't seem to have a sense of where the basket is.
Freshman Aubrey as well.

Reaction Score

I agree Patterson is more athletic, but Mir absolutely had a sense of where the basket was. Unlike Patterson, Mir made layups and had at least average outside shooting abilities. Her inability to pick up the offense was a detriment to the team’s flow.

Reaction Score
Were you at the game and hear what Morgan said? It certainly appeared to me (and others) that it was about Paige jumping....
I just assumed it was about being on the court, as did the TV broadcast crew. She was on the court in front of the coaches, which is not allowed.

Reaction Score
I agree Patterson is more athletic, but Mir absolutely had a sense of where the basket was. Unlike Patterson, Mir made layups and had at least average outside shooting abilities. Her inability to pick up the offense was a detriment to the team’s flow.

You may be right but somehow I remember Mir missing a lot of shots around the baskets and getting a lot of rebounds from it and Geno even talked about how she gets a lot of rebounds from her own misses. I keep forgetting that they are/were freshmen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom