Providence Postgame Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Providence Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You are NOT the only one. There were a lot of people that said it.
For the record, I still believe it. It may be that Geno still follows that approach with such good shooting guards to work with in Azzi and Paige. Both Paige and Azzi could be better PG though if they used that option. It comes down to what combination is better? Azzi, Paige & Aubrey? Azzi, Caroline and Paige? or Azzi, Paige and Nika? They all warrant consideration. Aubrey really brings the running game and solid D comparable to Nika or better overall IMO plus very efficient offense. Caroline brings better scoring, solid ball movement and off ball movement plus decent defense and rebounding. Nika brings solid defense and passing. Any combination is good. Which ones make us great?

Reaction Score
It seems that Ayanna always goes up with two hands on the ball when shooting underneath. Possibly she should consider using one hand to ward off blocks and use the shooting hand to get some space between the ball and the defender. At least some of the time.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Im the one who said it and I have since been corrected. I totally underestimated and undervalued her pass firstness and this team compliments her style of play more than anyone. When Paige returns there's going to be issues because I don't know how you not start her at this point and make Paige and Azzi her passing targets.
Lou will be gone

Reaction Score
I will have to watch the game later. I saw the score. Way to go, UConn!! Oh and I see that my girl, Amari got some minutes in the game and did well with the numbers. 6/7 in 13 minutes. Yes!!
Pizza Yes GIF

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
  • LOU is shooting 50% for 3 pointers!
  • Azzi is at 43.5, Caroline and Nika are both at 37.5%.
  • UCONN as a team is averaging 42.3% 3FG%. Yeah, mostly Lou and Azzi.
  • After 6 games Nike has 66 assists! She needs to only average 5.6 assists for the next 30 games to break Sue's single season record.
  • Nika's A/TO ratio is 3.67!
  • Nika is only averaging only 1,83 fouls per game.
  • Aubrey is close to Tamika Williams territory (70+%) with a FG% of 69.4%.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
For the record, I still believe it. It may be that Geno still follows that approach with such good shooting guards to work with in Azzi and Paige. Both Paige and Azzi could be better PG though if they used that option. It comes down to what combination is better? Azzi, Paige & Aubrey? Azzi, Caroline and Paige? or Azzi, Paige and Nika? They all warrant consideration. Aubrey really brings the running game and solid D comparable to Nika or better overall IMO plus very efficient offense. Caroline brings better scoring, solid ball movement and off ball movement plus decent defense and rebounding. Nika brings solid defense and passing. Any combination is good. Which ones make us great?
Wah, wah, wah,wah, wah! :confused:

Reaction Score
It seems that Ayanna always goes up with two hands on the ball when shooting underneath. Possibly she should consider using one hand to ward off blocks and use the shooting hand to get some space between the ball and the defender. At least some of the time.
Ayanna needs a pump fake on occasion and Amari would be more effective by not trying to dribble inside but by taking one step and finishing at the rim. Her inside dribbles expose her to turnovers and steals.

Great growth by the bench with a good run of minutes. Our team is lots of fun to watch with room to grow.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, she (Nika) won't start next year. The Paige and Azzi thumping begins next year. Add Jana and WOW

Reaction Score
What I like best about our team...

Passing – they pass like they play infield with an MLB team, what great arms. Half-court, line drive, pinpoint accuracy, behind the back, no-look, over the shoulder – just WOW in their ability and how they’ve been coached to develop this skill. Not just Nika but the entire starting six from AE to Caroline Ducharme to Azzi, etc. Super fun to watch and WAY superior to most teams.

This year’s team adopts other historical UConn trademarks with superb defense, minimal fouls, excellent foul-shooting, enough 3-pt threats, solid team play which – in my mind – is soooo Geno/UConn.

Just a complete pleasure to watch.

Better if we had a fuller bench, living on the edge now and so many threats could disrupt us - Covid resurgence, sprained ankles – better with 2 extra players IMO.

Loved to see Ines & Amari get minutes tonight. Wanted a hundred also.
Great comments

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I love watching how OldDude and EricnLa, especially, always race to see who can post the first postgame thread.... lol
......and their both worth the read. ALAWYS great analysis and observations. When I leave the chatroom, That is the first thread I go to. I'm always anxious to read their take on the just completed game. We're lucky to have these two. ;)

Reaction Score
While this game was a laugher from the start, gamblers had to sweat out thepoint spread. UCONN was actually favored by FORTY points! Luckily, their subs played well & extended the lead to a 45 point final score.

Reaction Score
I agree, but...................there's always that one guy. :confused:
Or more...;)
I'm not so sure about that..... I could see a Nika, Paige, Azzi, Aubrey, and Edwards starting line up....
I could see that, too, DDpup, but I could also see a lineup with two excellent point guards, Paige and Azzi, with Caroline, Aubrey and Aaliyah... and are we assuming KK Arnold doesn't measure up as a freshman? My belief has been that she'll be a really good point guard from Day One.

Carnac

Reaction Score
You may be right but somehow I remember Mir missing a lot of shots around the baskets and getting a lot of rebounds from it and Geno even talked about how she gets a lot of rebounds from her own misses. I keep forgetting that they are/were freshmen though.
Here I go again...........out on another limb. But we'll have to wait 2 months to see if I'm right.
Prediction: By February 1, Ayanna WILL NOT be missing bunnies, lay ups and put-backs like she is now. She will adjust. She's playing much better now than she did a month ago. Give her 60 days to make this adjustment. Believe me, she watches the game film, and her position talks to her constantly. She knows what she has to work on.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Or more...;)

I could see that, too, DDpup, but I could also see a lineup with two excellent point guards, Paige and Azzi, with Caroline, Aubrey and Aaliyah... and are we assuming KK Arnold doesn't measure up as a freshman? My belief has been that she'll be a really good point guard from Day One.
From day 1!!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44