Providence Pizza | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Providence Pizza

Reaction Score
I've said the same thing about having Pepe's in Metrowest Boston. They'd clean up in this pizza wasteland. So I spoke to the guy at Pepe's who is responsible for finding locations and he said they are trying to find a good spot in the Framingham area on Route 9. But he hasn't been able to find a suitable location yet. He said it has to be on the westbound side.

The Pepe's up here is at the Chestnut Hill Mall (on Route 9).

The only other pizza I'd classify as really good up this way is Max and Leo's in Newton Corner. There's one next to Fenway also but I've never been to that one.

Next to Fenway? I’ll never see that one

Reaction Score
F8A05AC8-F785-4CBE-8B55-26E195374200.png
This is the first day of Pepe’s summer fresh tomatoe pie

Reaction Score
Many moons ago lived in New Bedford, Mass area where pizza was generally dreadful (good seafood though). My apologies to my Portuguese bros in South Coast Mass, but they loaded up their pies with linguica & chorizo (not my cup of tea). A little pizza oasis was found in Providence where Mayor Mr. Corruption, Buddy Cianci ruled the day. Caserta's Pizza in Providence was pretty good. It is on Spruce Street in Providence, one block over from the Little Italy main drag on Federal Hill, Atwells Avenue. They pizza wasn't bad (mostly sheet pan variety), but they had these wonderful calzone-like creations, a Wimpy Skippy (pepperoni, spinach & cheese) and a Pepper Pig (italian sausage, peppers & cheese). Departed Providence Crime Boss Raymond Patriarcha would be smiling down.

Funny I left the Omni from the valet main entrance took a right went to the light and saw the signs to 95-195 and when I took a left noticed a fairly large sign which I believe was “Caserta’s Pizza”? Is that about right?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I’m leaving Chatham, MA around 11am today and flying out of Providence this afternoon. Was hoping someone would post about a good pizza joint we could hit for lunch before our flight. After 2 pages, still nothing. I guess it’s Ken’s Ramen for lunch. Providence may not have good pizza but they do have one really good ramen restaurant.

Reaction Score
Funny I left the Omni from the valet main entrance took a right went to the light and saw the signs to 95-195 and when I took a left noticed a fairly large sign which I believe was “Caserta’s Pizza”? Is that about right?
Caserta's closed today.

Reaction Score
I used to spend lots of time in Providence due to work. However, I never found a good pizza restaurant. Federal Hill was ok but not great. The waterfire was also a big disappointment. Simply a few spots in the middle of the river where they light a fire and there are lots of people walking around. Everyone is looking for something to do but nothing is happening except fire burning in the middle of the river. I strongly recommend a bike ride on the East Providence Trail.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom