Providence Pizza | The Boneyard

Providence Pizza

Reaction Score
In Providence at the moment and looking to grab some good pizza for a late dinner. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Reaction Score
I was going to suggest driving to New Haven.

There was a decent pizza place in Hardwick, MA (near Quabbin Reservoir) that my friend Tom from RI raved about. It was decent (probably would have been 5th best in Glastonbury) but to him it was incredible. Hard to find real good pizza on the Cape too. We are pizza blessed in CT.

Reaction Score
In Providence at the moment and looking to grab some good pizza for a late dinner. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Were you at WaterFire? I was we went with another couple I can’t believe I fell for this crock of junk lol...I just came back to the Omni from Bar Louie’s some drinks and grub. Our friends brought their dog so our choices were few and far between.

Reaction Score
Just passed thru NH and stopped at Pepe for a take-home. Surprised to see no lines at eother Pepe of Sally's today.

Reaction Score
Were you at WaterFire? I was we went with another couple I can’t believe I fell for this crock of junk lol...I just came back to the Omni from Bar Louie’s some drinks and grub. Our friends brought their dog so our choices were few and far between.
Went to that once a few years ago with high hopes and realized it was a sham. Opted for a bike ride on the East Bay Bike Path (Providence to Bristol) and got back to Providence later and skipped fire water. Highly recommend

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I stayed at the Omni a couple of days last week and had a good Italian meal at Camille’s on Federal Hill. Not pizza but chicken Marsala and some seafood stew that was tasty. I can confirm there is no good pizza on Cape Cod. Been here all week and haven’t found anything that would even be considered good at home in Reno,NV.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Just passed thru NH and stopped at Pepe for a take-home. Surprised to see no lines at eother Pepe of Sally's today.
Holiday weekend. Summer. People getting out of town. Bars slow this weekend too.

Reaction Score
I stayed at the Omni a couple of days last week and had a good Italian meal at Camille’s on Federal Hill. Not pizza but chicken Marsala and some seafood stew that was tasty. I can confirm there is no good pizza on Cape Cod. Been here all week and haven’t found anything that would even be considered good at home in Reno,NV.

I’m not sure there’s good pizza anywhere in Massachusetts.....

Reaction Score
Pepe’s in Boston.

That’s about it

Didn’t realize they had one in Boston good for them.

Playing golf with my buddies the other day and asked a hypothetical “Wouldn’t you think a New Haven style pizza place would make it pretty big here in WesMass?” They both agreed it probably wouldn’t be a big winner as they prefer a place like Roma’s (Southwick) or Red Rose in Springfield. Lots of dough and big crust pizzas yet they are so used to this crap it may be true. I’d love to give it a go up here steal a good pizza maker find the right spot but my buddies scare me. They don’t know what they’re missing.

Reaction Score
Many moons ago lived in New Bedford, Mass area where pizza was generally dreadful (good seafood though). My apologies to my Portuguese bros in South Coast Mass, but they loaded up their pies with linguica & chorizo (not my cup of tea). A little pizza oasis was found in Providence where Mayor Mr. Corruption, Buddy Cianci ruled the day. Caserta's Pizza in Providence was pretty good. It is on Spruce Street in Providence, one block over from the Little Italy main drag on Federal Hill, Atwells Avenue. They pizza wasn't bad (mostly sheet pan variety), but they had these wonderful calzone-like creations, a Wimpy Skippy (pepperoni, spinach & cheese) and a Pepper Pig (italian sausage, peppers & cheese). Departed Providence Crime Boss Raymond Patriarcha would be smiling down.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Playing golf with my buddies the other day and asked a hypothetical “Wouldn’t you think a New Haven style pizza place would make it pretty big here in WesMass?” They both agreed it probably wouldn’t be a big winner as they prefer a place like Roma’s (Southwick) or Red Rose in Springfield. Lots of dough and big crust pizzas yet they are so used to this crap it may be true. I’d love to give it a go up here steal a good pizza maker find the right spot but my buddies scare me. They don’t know what they’re missing.
Unfortunately it’s just about on BCs campus.

Reaction Score

I've said the same thing about having Pepe's in Metrowest Boston. They'd clean up in this pizza wasteland. So I spoke to the guy at Pepe's who is responsible for finding locations and he said they are trying to find a good spot in the Framingham area on Route 9. But he hasn't been able to find a suitable location yet. He said it has to be on the westbound side.

The Pepe's up here is at the Chestnut Hill Mall (on Route 9).

The only other pizza I'd classify as really good up this way is Max and Leo's in Newton Corner. There's one next to Fenway also but I've never been to that one.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Went to that once a few years ago with high hopes and realized it was a sham. Opted for a bike ride on the East Bay Bike Path (Providence to Bristol) and got back to Providence later and skipped fire water. Highly recommend
Trails heading west are nice too.
I enjoyed Water Fire enough, but was in good company, had the bike rke riding, and saw a good art gallery show at RISD. I wouldn't rely on Water Fire to to all the heavy lifting, but it doesn't warrant being trashed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom