Providence lost to Carelton | The Boneyard

Providence lost to Carelton

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

(Carleton's actually the UK of Canada, and they've beaten some P5 schools over the years. Also, I think players have 5 years of eligibility.)

Reaction Score
Carleton also beat tourny hopeful and borderline top 25 Alabama earlier in the summer. They've won 13 of the last 15 Canadian National Championships, including 7 in a row. They're legit.

Also their best players are literally brothers named Scrubb, which is perfect for a pre-seaso exhibition team.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
THat graphic makes me sad.

Surprised this hasn't gotten more love, that's the first thing I thought...

Assuming, like me, you're referring to MAL and Diallo being their 2 best performers.

Reaction Score
A couple things about UConns loss. They looked sloppy, not cohesive and in need of these exhibition games to tighten up their sets, however to me the glaring problem, with why UConn was down by so many during that game, is that Providence shot the lights out and Uconn shot poorly. Pretty simple. In that first half, they made many outside shots with a hand in there face. Sure there was some breakdowns on defense, but realistically, when any team shoots close to 70 percent, that is rarely fully owned by the defense. I know many people may disagree, because its hard to stay positive after the past couple of years of UConn basketball. But I for one, did not feel that the game against Providence was reflective of what the outcome would be against providence if they played them again. Carelton is a solid squad, for their division. In this day in age, there is less separation between Division 1 and 2 schools.

Reaction Score
Like I’ve been saying for two years now MAL is going to be an absolute stud, obviously losing him this summer was the biggest and most important loss out of all the players transferring.

Heart breaking, MAL is a typical Husky guard, the Friars have a great one.
Which the Friars will waste.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You guys need an intervention. Stop rationalizing terrible losses.

Reaction Score
You guys need an intervention. Stop rationalizing terrible losses.
I have just coached off and on for years. Watched basketball for years. I understand that the scoreboard, does not tell the whole story always. Sometimes it is a close game and it could be very bad.

Reaction Score
Let's wait for MAL to play in a real game before we get too worked up. There were at least a couple respected posters here (@Walker11 being the one I remember) that weren't too high on him this summer. Guards who can't shoot at this level are a problem and those weaknesses are most likely to be disguised in less structured exhibitions. I obviously would have loved to have him, but with Gilbert and Vital in the fold for the next three years I can live with it. Losing a guy like Durham who we were counting on to anchor our front court is an entirely different story.

Reaction Score
Its an exhibition game. Anyone trying to say this result has any correlation to our team is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
A couple things about UConns loss. They looked sloppy, not cohesive and in need of these exhibition games to tighten up their sets, however to me the glaring problem, with why UConn was down by so many during that game, is that Providence shot the lights out and Uconn shot poorly. Pretty simple. In that first half, they made many outside shots with a hand in there face. Sure there was some breakdowns on defense, but realistically, when any team shoots close to 70 percent, that is rarely fully owned by the defense. I know many people may disagree, because its hard to stay positive after the past couple of years of UConn basketball. But I for one, did not feel that the game against Providence was reflective of what the outcome would be against providence if they played them again. Carelton is a solid squad, for their division. In this day in age, there is less separation between Division 1 and 2 schools.

I think we've heard enough about teams shooting "lights-out" against us over the past couple years. That happens consistently when the other team feels way too comfortable and is getting the actions and shots they want.

Let's hope this team gels defensively and gets disruptive. That's how we took it to Michigan State in KO's first game and most teams we played in the '14 tourney.

Reaction Score
Hate to say it but based on what I've seen so far MAL is as good as any player we have not named Jalen Adams, 20p 3r 3a with 0 turnovers and 2-2 from three is impressive for any freshman, dispite the team they played. Can't say I'm not a little bit salty

Reaction Score
Its an exhibition game. Anyone trying to say this result has any correlation to our team is ridiculous.
If we beat PC and then PC went on to beat a decent team, would it still have no correlation? Or would you be using it as a "sign" that KO has the team back on track?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom