Providence lost to Carelton | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Providence lost to Carelton

Reaction Score
Hate to say it but based on what I've seen so far MAL is as good as any player we have not named Jalen Adams, 20p 3r 3a with 0 turnovers and 2-2 from three is impressive for any freshman, dispite the team they played. Can't say I'm not a little bit salty
It's two games lol

Reaction Score
If we beat PC and then PC went on to beat a decent team, would it still have no correlation? Or would you be using it as a "sign" that KO has the team back on track?
It would still have no correlation.

Syracuse lost to Le Monyle and ended up a 1 seed that year. This game was meaningless to PC and especially UConn. It is an exhibition game.

Use your brain.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think we've heard enough about teams shooting "lights-out" against us over the past couple years. That happens consistently when the other team feels way too comfortable and is getting the actions and shots they want.

Let's hope this team gels defensively and gets disruptive. That's how we took it to Michigan State in KO's first game and most teams we played in the '14 tourney.
True, our defense has been week the past two years, however this is the first exhibition game with 7 new components. Mid-season get more of the blame.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
You guys need an intervention. Stop rationalizing terrible losses.

1) A tad bit ironic, especially since it's miserable people tend to need intervention

2) begging the question

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Pretty simple. PC plays UConn in an exhibition. UConn treats it as an exhibition, PC treats it as a must win game. PC plays Carleton, PC treats it as an exhibition, Carleton treats it as a must win game.

Let's worry about game results when they count.

Reaction Score
Pretty simple. PC plays UConn in an exhibition. UConn treats it as an exhibition, PC treats it as a must win game. PC plays Carleton, PC treats it as an exhibition, Carleton treats it as a must win game.

Let's worry about game results when they count.

Not a bad point but Adams played 35 minutes, so they definitely weren't content with getting blown out.

But in general I agree that you can't take much from exhibition games.

Reaction Score
It would still have no correlation.

Syracuse lost to Le Monyle and ended up a 1 seed that year. This game was meaningless to PC and especially UConn. It is an exhibition game.

Use your brain.
I never said is wasn't meaningless. I asked a simple question about what YOU would have said in the, hypothetically, opposite scenario. I suppose I don't know if you are being honest or not with your response but, based on your unhinged and irrational response, I doubt you are.

Reaction Score
I never said is wasn't meaningless. I asked a simple question about what YOU would have said in the, hypothetically, opposite scenario. I suppose I don't know if you are being honest or not with your response but, based on your unhinged and irrational response, I doubt you are.
I am sorry that you are triggered and looking for responses you want so you can have an excuse to put down the team or coach, but my response is completely honest. I do not get caught up in exhibitions games. And I certainly do not look for things in an exhibition game between two teams that are not named UConn and try to then say it has some reflection on UConn.

My response has no reflection on my feelings towards this team (or coach which is obviously what you are looking for), it is quite simple, PC and Charlton played a game that means nothing, it is a scrimmage, and if you are looking to somehow use that scrimmage to say UConn is bad (or good for that matter) you are being ridiculous.

Reaction Score

You actually sound like a typical UConn fan. I think we can make room for you if you are interested.

Reaction Score
Hey MAL looked good I admit it and he seems to have a very nice future. Diallo I loved coming out of prep just one of those guys who will never hurt you, does it all and if he can shoot it brings even more to the table at that point. Very intelligent player would've loved him.

As far as the game, had to stay out of most of the back and forth. Seemed to matter a lot more to the PC kids and they played harder, smarter and more together as expected. Plus they shoot lights out, while I know they can shoot, they also can shoot themselves out of games so we got the wrong one happens. They didn't have 2 other solid players so that's a damn good team anyway.

Listen long way to go. If you're happy with what you saw you're nuts, need to improve in many ways. If you're already jumping off the bandwagon ("Larrier and Ag have exactly 1 win together", freshman are skinny, our defense sucks, can't play together...etc) then you are also nuts. One sudden practice game against PC does little to show what we will do this year, if anything it may have helped a little early in the rust department and chemistry as well. Can we let it play out a little both ways - nothing looks great and nothing looks like the sky is falling.

Keep watching, we will eventually see who they will be, maybe not even until December. But relax man!

Reaction Score
MAL looks good against shorter guards with no shot blockers. The issue was that he shot 4 to 7 from FT line and his one 3 point shot attempt was way off. You cannot be a good high D1 guard unless u have a jumper. I saw him twice in AAU. He was a high efficiency player but he can be shut down easily if you focus on him. We will see what the season brings, they will foul him like crazy if he does not improve his FT

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom