Providence Coach Admits $2 Beers Helped Fuel UConn Victory | The Boneyard

Providence Coach Admits $2 Beers Helped Fuel UConn Victory

Reaction Score
I wish when I was there they ever ran a promotion. At the time they still charged students for games and concessions were only cheap at soccer games. Guarantee if every night was $2 beer night, or something fun like $1 hotdog night, the student section would be packed to the brim.

Reaction Score
The Providence athletic director had to go on the PA system literally 5 days ago in their game against Villanova to tell students to stop throwing beer cans on to the court, and then Cooley has the gall to say that UConn fans are arrogant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I wish when I was there they ever ran a promotion. At the time they still charged students for games and concessions were only cheap at soccer games. Guarantee if every night was $2 beer night, or something fun like $1 hotdog night, the student section would be packed to the brim.
True but that would increase the number of clients for AA and Weight Loss clinics.

Reaction Score
True but that would increase the number of clients for AA and Weight Loss clinics.
You're acting like the 3 most popular bars at UConn are within a 2 minute walk from each other and nickel night happens 3x a week. UConn thrives on permanent BAC of .12

Reaction Score
When was this, because it wasn't last night.
Why not? The dance team uniforms, which I'd never seen before last night, match. And when else have they had 12 oz Millers at Gampel?

Reaction Score
Plot twist, Cooley has a secret sponsorship with Miller Lite and is trying to lobby other schools to have $2 MLs every game!

Reaction Score
Wish Spiros was still around. If it was I'd be there ordering beer by the pitcher no matter the cost. Was it about $2 or $3 a pitcher back in the 70s.

Reaction Score
You're acting like the 3 most popular bars at UConn are within a 2 minute walk from each other and nickel night happens 3x a week. UConn thrives on permanent BAC of .12
So joking around is verboten here? I was a college freshman twice - before military service and after my all expense paid vacation in Vietnam. Beer was 25 or 50 cents in Vietnam at the NCO or Airmens club so I am no stranger to drinking. Hey lighten up the Huskies won a great game let’s enjoy it.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I even had a beer (after all, there is no bourbon or tequila)

But then I had to use the men's room. Never again, that setup is a nightmare, between concessions and the mens' room there is gridlock. I'm going to stick with alcohol that dehydrates you

Reaction Score
I have no doubt they made a pyramid with cans they collected from the trash. But I didn't hear about or see any cans thrown on the court last night.

No, the reference was that Providence fans were throwing beers on their court in one of their last games (cant remember if it was Nova or Creighton). Not last night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom