Props to TonyC for discovering Saniya. My turn. . . | The Boneyard

Props to TonyC for discovering Saniya. My turn. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . to play talent wcbb scout for UConn.

An 8th grader on Long Island, playing for a high school team, scored 63 points in a 78-17 victory. Broke LI record (was 60). In addition to 63 points, 11 steals, 2 assists. She averages 41.7 ppg. She is 5'8" and her name is Sydney Zambrotta. My source? Page 21 of February 13 issue of Sports Illustrated.

Back to you, Tony.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
i think that was bria Hartley's record the 60 points

Nope. I watched a replay of Bria sscoring 58, but the old record was held by Jennifer Mitchell of Hempstead in 1973.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Piph Prince scored 113 points in a game once. How do I know? Because they announced in every game she played in for Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Piph Prince scored 113 points in a game once. How do I know? Because they announced in every game she played in for Rutgers.

she's from brooklyn not LI.. and yeah i remember that would be the first thing they would announce

Reaction Score

An 8th grader on Long Island, playing for a high school team, scored 63 points in a 78-17 victory. Broke LI record (was 60). In addition to 63 points, 11 steals, 2 assists. She averages 41.7 ppg. She is 5'8" and her name is Sydney Zambrotta. My source? Page 21 of February 13 issue of Sports Illustrated.

Back to you, Tony.

You're a cruel competitor, Mr. Kibitzer. You let TonyC exhaust his energy on that flash-in-the-pan from Ossining, while you were researching a Long Island player with an Italian surname whose performance trumped Tony's discovery. An ITALIAN surname!

You don't play nice.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I always like Italian Ice. Anyone for a trip to Rita's.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There is a seven-year old around here who was 2-5, 4 pts and 3 assists in her first CYO game this past weekend. She's not afraid to shoot, but is somewhat indifferent to defense and she does not rebound. ("I don't want the ball to hit me in the face".) She's about 4'3", but her pediatrician says she'll be about 5'4" - very point-guardy.

Her father is amenable to a free college education for her and he's also willing to accept cash under the table to guide her future college choices. Cash over the table is good, too. In fact, the table is completely optional.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There is a seven-year old around here who was 2-5, 4 pts and 3 assists in her first CYO game this past weekend. She's not afraid to shoot, but is somewhat indifferent to defense and she does not rebound. ("I don't want the ball to hit me in the face".) She's about 4'3", but her pediatrician says she'll be about 5'4" - very point-guardy.

Her father is amenable to a free college education for her and he's also willing to accept cash under the table to guide her future college choices. Cash over the table is good, too. In fact, the table is completely optional.

I have a 10 year old girl at church who wears a size 12 adult shoe and is 5'5"ish now. She can execute a nice drop step post move right or left handed. She isn't opposed to bullying you kid off the court. OK, I made the last part up she is a really nice kid and really bright.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

And if Syracuse offers her a scholarship...?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Back to you, Tony.
She's gonna score a lot of points before she graduates. 1000 pts a year for 6 years......wow.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
And if Syracuse offers her a scholarship...?

Her father would miss her for the four years of their estrangement.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Her father would miss her for the four years of their estrangement.
Maybe you'll get lucky and she'll get an offer from the Pac-10 or other ACC team, which seems more likely. They don't play defense, either.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

Let's see some video of this phenom. Some here claim to have connections, so we could see if they really do.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Maybe you'll get lucky and she'll get an offer from the Pac-10 or other ACC team, which seems more likely. They don't play defense, either.
oh oh, buuurrrnnnn :cool:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Let's see some video of this phenom. Some here claim to have connections, so we could see if they really do.

Please note the disinterest in rebounding.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

Please note the disinterest in rebounding.

Well, as she said, she does not want to get hit in the face. Plus she thought it was going in.

But I hear they get into rebounding around age 9. That lasts a couple of years and then they get interested in boys.

Fun.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
But I hear they get into rebounding around age 9. That lasts a couple of years and then they get interested in boys.
Are you trying to kill Fishy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits