Prognosticators Tournament Game 8 (Stanford) Predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Tournament Game 8 (Stanford) Predictions

Reaction Score
As much as it pains me, I think the ride ends Friday night. Stanford 67, UConn 63.

Of course, we know what dogs do to trees so I could be very wrong which would make me very happy.

Reaction Score
Here we go again. This is a team of destiny and they will not be denied. I think this game will be low scoring as Stanford is one of the better defensive teams out there. I predict UCONN 58-54. Victim NO.8.GO HUSKIES!!! NO.12

Reaction Score
NCST was a team this year that refused to lose but still did. Stanford is a very good team and I sure wish there was healing magic for Dorka as UConn needs her to be their best. That being said the difference is just what CW said "We have Paige and they don't". UConn wins another great game by 7 going away 63-56.

Reaction Score
I, too, am going with my original bracket selection: UCONN #2 seed over Stanford #1 seed
No analysis will predict this game, but I believe in "UNFINISHED BUSINESS" and
"WIN ONE FOR THE GIPPER (DORKA)". Everybody Eats and I'll even allow 4 points to the
Cardinal due to Dorka's injury. UCONN 68 Stanford 64 MOV 4
Go Huskies! This should be a great game.

GG

Reaction Score
Heart says UCONN, but head says Stanford. It’s going to be tough without Dorka. Look anything is possible if Azzi and CW are hitting shots and Paige plays like she did the other night. If the threes are not falling, I think Stanford wins. I would love more than anything to be wrong.

Stanford -72
UCONN- 69

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I hope I am very wrong.

UConn 62
Stanford 71

Reaction Score
UCONN 71
Stanford 68;
MOV 3 pts to the correct TEAM!!!!

Go Huskies!!! Win and advance, BABY!!!

Reaction Score
So much media posting today about this game. Lots of "Stanford is supremely confident; not worried about UConn." Lobo thinks it'll go down to the wire. Most giving us no chance if ONO and Edwards get into foul trouble. Obviously Paige & Azzi are the key players (according to articles I've read) with a few recognizing Evina off the bench. Some stating that Stanford (Tara) have excellent scouting and know how to deal w/Paige & Azzi. Some also stating the obvious - that UConn is a younger, less experienced team.

So I will say again - WE ARE DOOMED. The MOJO Gods need a lot of appeasing this year.

Jim

Reaction Score
As much as it pains me to post this, I think the UCONN bigs get into foul trouble early, the team really misses Dorka on the floor, and the Huskies fall short -- Stanford 68, UCONN 60.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I must say after some of the crazy things we've seen this year I can't even take a guess at what's going to happen in this game let alone come up with a score. To me the team that makes the most threes is going to win this matchup. That's all I got. Fingers crossed it's UCONN!

Reaction Score
UConn wins 71-66. Huskies sink their end of game free throws making it a 2 possession game and Stanford runs out of time :)

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
sticking with a 5 point victory.... UCONN 75 - 70

Reaction Score
I don't think the UConn bigs will get in foul trouble, Geno is hammering it into their heads how crucial it is that they remain able to play and not sit on the bench. Playing much of end of NCSt with 4 fouls will help Ono, she learned how to stay straight up with arms and maintain position. She needs to not foul far from basket but stay near the basket on defense- of course, she needs to defend Stanford's post player where they happen to be, but leave the hedge alone. Don't think Stanford is consistent enough from outside that they'll hurt us significantly if Liv doesn't go after the hedge.

Our guards have to penetrate and take the pull-up jumper, or take it to the basket when opportunity is there, or kick it back out for the 3. I think our guards will have a good game, and I'm predicting UConn 68-Stanford 50. As many have already said, if Liv and Edwards can stay in the game, we will win..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom