Prognosticators Tournament Game 8 (Stanford) Predictions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Tournament Game 8 (Stanford) Predictions

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Vegas and the people that set the odds are correct. Just don't see Aaliyah and Olivia having good games against Stanford's size. Also I don't have confidence that Evina will have a great game to offset the lack of production from the Bigs. The guards will get their points but not have a great shooting day.

Stanford 77 UConn 63

Reaction Score
UConn 73
Stanford 68
Hopefully Liv and Edwards stay out of foul trouble, if they can I think the edge on the defensive end goes to the huskies. Something also tells me there will be some magic from Paige again. I also think one of the biggest factors will be CW driving, she's been keying in on that all tournament. That must continue and hopefully that will cause Brink to help on defense and she will pick up some early fouls.

Reaction Score
I keep going back and forth, but in the end-not having Dorka is a brutal loss, especially since ONO and Alliyah can't stay out of foul trouble.

Stanford-75
UCONN-67

Reaction Score
I see you - the people disliking my posts - but I stand by them.

And for those of you who don't know - the phrase "WE ARE DOOMED" started on the men's board years ago to appease the MOJO Gods. The years they won championships.

So dislike away! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Stanford 68, UConn 63

If Azzi and Christyn happen to both have their shooting touch, I will be happily wrong!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Stanford 71
UCONN 68

Obviously I hope I'm wrong. Losing Dorka will have an impact. Stanford goes thru long scoring lulls, but I'm not sure we are good enough at this point to take advantage. No Dorka, Caroline still mired in a confidence funk, Evina back and forth to MIA, Christyn's 3-point shooting hit and miss, and Olivia and Aaliyah prone to foul trouble.

IMHO more things need to go right for UCONN than for Stanford to win the game. Can we win? Of course, but so many question marks...

Reaction Score
Game 1
SC is looking ahead to getting payback for getting beat last year by Stanford in the Final four
Louisville 67
SC 58

UConn shows that they (we) are so much more than "just Paige".
Game 2
UConn 75
Stanford 68

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hate this match up. I like both teams and whoever wins is who I am rooting for in the championship game…my heart says UConn, but my head says Stanford. Ultimately, Stanford’s height will be an issue for everyone but Paige…

Stanford 78
UConn 68

Reaction Score
If the refs don't cripple her like they did the last final four. CW goes for 19 points with strong attacks sprinkled in with a few 3's and great locked down defense on Haley Jones. Evina will come up big off the bench.
UCONN 68 - Stan 56

Reaction Score
The mere fact that UConn got to the Final 4, considering everything that has happened this year, is an absolute miracle.

Stanford, however, is going to be a nightmare for the Huskies. Straight up, even more so then SC. Too many weapons and UConn is man down. Weirdest season ever ends tonight for UConn, unfortunately.

Stanford 76 - UConn 65.

I will GLADLY eat crow, but I think baseball season starts at midnight.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I don't think the UConn bigs will get in foul trouble, Geno is hammering it into their heads how crucial it is that they remain able to play and not sit on the bench. Playing much of end of NCSt with 4 fouls will help Ono, she learned how to stay straight up with arms and maintain position. She needs to not foul far from basket but stay near the basket on defense- of course, she needs to defend Stanford's post player where they happen to be, but leave the hedge alone. Don't think Stanford is consistent enough from outside that they'll hurt us significantly if Liv doesn't go after the hedge.

Our guards have to penetrate and take the pull-up jumper, or take it to the basket when opportunity is there, or kick it back out for the 3. I think our guards will have a good game, and I'm predicting UConn 68-Stanford 50. As many have already said, if Liv and Edwards can stay in the game, we will win..
Conndog if this is a change to your original prediction in Post #5, then you must state that it is a change or it will not be accepted.

Reaction Score
On the other side of the bracket [as UCONN Huskies "---nate on the trees" as the good dogs are prone to do...]:

Louisville 76
S. Carolina 65;
MOV 11

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44