Prognosticator's Predictions Game 5 vs Iowa | The Boneyard

Prognosticator's Predictions Game 5 vs Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Well it looks like the next UConn victim is Iowa. After watching their game against Oregon State, I don't see them keeping up with UConn's speed. Iowa did not impress me against OSU, if they play like that UConn will have a field day with the fast breaks. If I was Geno I would have Nika guard Clark at first just to see if Clark can play against the gnat. AE can guard Czinano, AG guards Warnock, with Lou and Azzi guarding the other two guards Marshall and Martin. I also believe that Azzi will shoot better against Iowa, which will open up the game for the rest of the Hukies.

Iowa has not faced a team as fast or quick on both ends of the court so far this year, their SOS, per Massey is #23, with their toughest opponent Kansas State who is rated #23 and they gave Iowa their only loss. After looking at everything that UConn and Iowa has done so far this season if go with UConn 88 - Iowa 70. All prognostications or any changes must state the winner of the game, i.e. UConn or Iowa, not the good guys or our team, Huskies or the Hawkeyes can be used. Any changes to the original prognostication must state that it is a change and must have the original thread number included. If a change is accepted you will receive a "Like" showing that it has been changed. All prognostication's and any changes must be submitted NLT 12:55 P.M. Eastern. Attached is the Prognosticator's Predictions Rules and Scoring System, the game is on ABC, and Good Luck to all you Prognosticator's out there.

Attachments

• Prognosticators Predictions Rules and Scoring System.pdf
    112.9 KB · Views: 79
Reaction Score
Clark will get points, but she will have to work for them. Cinzano will have to deal with Aliyah and Aubrey. I don't think the two of them will be enough. As others have said, the Hawkeyes are defensively challenged.

UConn 95, Iowa 78. MOV of 17.

Reaction Score
UConn 93 — Iowa 72
MOV = 21

This is essentially the team we routed in the sweet 16 two years ago. But they’re better for having remained mostly intact since then. A lot of chemistry there. I’d say we are better than we were then, too. Even without Dorka and Caroline on limited minutes, our guard corps is beyond their defensive capabilities and our frontcourt is more athletic.

I expect Clark to score in the 20s and Czinano to get near 20. The rest of the team won’t manage 30.

I expect Azzi Lou and Nika to score more than 50, and Aaliyah should get another double-double and maybe score 20. I don’t think they have an answer for Aubrey who could score as high as 20, and Caroline might score 8 or more.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Clark is a handful but with our switching of Aubrey and Nika, we won't necessarily stop Ms. Clark but we can contain her and her assists and her rebounds.

We have too much scoring from all our positions for Iowa to shut down. We have better size, are much quicker, have better shooting and our defense is significantly better. Where Iowa has the edge is at the free throw line, which if we play like we did today, they will not have many opportunities at the line.

UConn 92
Iowa 72

Reaction Score
would be a huge win for the Huskies: Would be 3 wins vs top 10 in thier last 5 games.
Uconn 80
Iowa 74

Reaction Score
This one could be interesting. Neither team is deep, so they will not be well-rested. Clark is a bona fide superstar.
Still, UConn prevails 89 – 77.
MOV 12

Reaction Score
After watching them play last night I figure we win by 15 and hold them to 65, so UConn wins 65 - 80.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Defense?

94FA59CE-2026-48B4-BB04-8884D1834E78.jpeg

Reaction Score
UConn wins 88-77. Nika starts on Clark, gets in foul trouble, and Aubrey finishes the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom