Prognosticator's Predictions Game 5 vs Iowa | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticator's Predictions Game 5 vs Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well it looks like the next UConn victim is Iowa. After watching their game against Oregon State, I don't see them keeping up with UConn's speed. Iowa did not impress me against OSU, if they play like that UConn will have a field day with the fast breaks. If I was Geno I would have Nika guard Clark at first just to see if Clark can play against the gnat. AE can guard Czinano, AG guards Warnock, with Lou and Azzi guarding the other two guards Marshall and Martin. I also believe that Azzi will shoot better against Iowa, which will open up the game for the rest of the Hukies.

Iowa has not faced a team as fast or quick on both ends of the court so far this year, their SOS, per Massey is #23, with their toughest opponent Kansas State who is rated #23 and they gave Iowa their only loss. After looking at everything that UConn and Iowa has done so far this season if go with UConn 88 - Iowa 70. All prognostications or any changes must state the winner of the game, i.e. UConn or Iowa, not the good guys or our team, Huskies or the Hawkeyes can be used. Any changes to the original prognostication must state that it is a change and must have the original thread number included. If a change is accepted you will receive a "Like" showing that it has been changed. All prognostication's and any changes must be submitted NLT 12:55 P.M. Eastern. Attached is the Prognosticator's Predictions Rules and Scoring System, the game is on ABC, and Good Luck to all you Prognosticator's out there.
Uconn 89
Iowa 71

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Iowa has had an uneven start to their season. Their defense is suspect and they don’t rebound all that well. For the Hawkeyes to beat the Huskies, Clark will need to play one of her best games ever. It’s not going to happen.

UConn 82 -Iowa 70

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Iowa is basically a two man show. As good a Clark and Czinano are, they are no match for UConn.

UConn 87 - 63.

Reaction Score
UCONN 86 - Iowa 68; Mov: 18;

UCONN starts with a flurry of points in the first, Iowa battles back in the second but still trails by 9 at the half; the flurry of the 1st happens to a greater extent [must be a blizzard] in the 3rd, and Iowa closes to 18 at the end of the game... AZZI hangs 35 on the Hawkeyes, Aubrey is at her most disruptive self turning tremendous defense into offense, Nika achieves 14 assists, Amari scores 5 points [a 3, and two free-throws], and Caroline finds her range for a fantastic afternoon in Portland.

Reaction Score
Even though UConn has been playing good to great defense, so far this year, I think they will have some issues with Iowa. But the UConn offense (especially Azzi) won't be bothered as much by Iowa's defense as Duke's. So....

UConn 91 Iowa 78

Reaction Score
Happily, either I keep on underestimating how good this UConn team is or overestimating how good the ranked teams they've played have been............probably a bit of both............the only player who can stop Clark is Clark............ Czinano is just a load under the basket and shoots to an incredibly high percentage from close in..........I'm concerned that Edwards will not be able to contain her without getting into serious foul trouble........

I'm looking for a close game............

83 - 77 UConn

...........as always just win and please no injuries!!

Last edited by a moderator:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Expect a high scoring game. I think UCONN scores over 90. The question will be how good will we be at stopping Clark and Czinano - and will we get into foul trouble. I would love to see a 30 point smackdown - but not sure we will be that good Sunday. We will see! Go UCONN!!

UCONN 94
Iowa 72

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member