Prognosticators Game 9 (Orange) Predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 9 (Orange) Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn 82 TN 71. TN will not want Geno to get win 1100 on their turf but Evina takes over with 20+points, 5+ assists and 3+ steals.
Normally Geno takes his foot off the gas late in games that are decided. I’m hoping that will not be the case here. Keep the pedal to the metal tip to buzzer. Make a statement!!

Massey says UConn by 11, 74-63. Carnac says UConn by 18, 71-53.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Finally a decent test (no disrespect to DePaul)! I have absolutely no confidence on the spread but I feel our Huskies will comport themselves well:) Uconn 82-65

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
UConn better play to a higher level against Tenn or they could get tagged with a loss........Tenn is way too athletic and tall to mess around with.........just get the win by any means necessary without injuries and get home safely.......
Where's your score prediction?

I disagree with your Tenn is way too athletic comment as to wit:
Kasi Kushkituah, Marta Suarez and Tamari Key are all limited in what they can contribute. Horston, Davis and Burrell are athletic (so 3) and all with severe flaws-Davis 3 pt shooting is 23%, Horston is a turnover machine with 31 on the year. Burrell disappears for large chunks of time and 24-22 assist to Turnover ratio. She does take the most 3's and is shooting 44% on the year.

This teams assists to Turnover is 185-180 so they are not good with passing. Collectively, this team shoots 32% from 3 point land-terrible. Pack in the defense with Liv, Aubrey and Evina, make them shoot from the outside or force passes into Key or KK and watch the ball turnover.

UConn 82 Tenn 66

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tennessee lost a ton from last year - Harris and Brown to graduation and Green/Massengill to transfer. Brown and Massengill started. Green would have but only played 2 games.

In contrast, UCONN added a ton from last year. I'm with @Tonyc - this game should be a 30+ point blowout, but I'm gonna go with a 24 point win

UCONN 78
Tennessee 54

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So for those inquiring minds, a few statistics for you on a per game basis:
Massey- #1 UConn 71 vs. #17 Tenn 65
SoS-UConn #99, Tenn #72
Points-UConn 89 vs. Tenn 75
Assists-UConn 22.7 vs. Tenn 16.8
Turnovers-UConn 14.9 vs. Tenn 16.4
Blocks-UConn 5.6 vs. Tenn 4.5
Steals-10.3 vs. 8.5
Rebounds-43.9 vs. 46.4

While Tennessee does boast a tall team in 6'2" Davis, 6'-1" Burrell, 6'-2 Suarez, 6'-5" Key and 6'-2" Horston with 6'-4 Kushkituah off the bench, they haven't played that many tall teams. Liv at 6'-5", Aaliyah 6'-3, Aubrey 6-1", Paige 5'-11, Chrisyn 5'-11 and Evina 6'-0" with Nika 5'-10 and Mir 5'-11 do offer better height than they have faced and a significantly more athletic AND QUICKER lineup. Keep the game fast paced and let the Tennessee propensity for turnovers propagate.

:)

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Gee I feel inadequate today, no pithy words of wisdom, mind still numb from reading all the post game thread postings from last nights game.
Da Huskies bite the Vols 87-72.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
UConn 84-62. And no, the UConn-Tennessee series should not continue until UT’s athletic department issues a very public apology for its ridiculous charges made against UConn’s recruiting.

Reaction Score
UConn 84-62. And no, the UConn-Tennessee series should not continue until UT’s athletic department issues a very public apology for its ridiculous charges made against UConn’s recruiting.
People in Knoxville just faint when they hear the word "recruiting violations" right now. Their football program is in complete collapse.

The Vols have always been snitches - with unclean hands.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Don't worry, UT is good for about 20 turnovers against your defense.
UConn cruises.
You know we're going to be trying to assist in that endeavor EVERYTIME they have a possession. I'd be happy if they turned it over 20+ times tomorrow. :) And we kept our in single digits.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Thought and post of the day!!! :) I think there's a greater possibility of the temperature in Hades falling well below 32 degrees first before THAT happens. In fact, I'd bet on it. ;)

Reaction Score
Where's your score prediction?

I disagree with your Tenn is way too athletic comment as to wit:
Kasi Kushkituah, Marta Suarez and Tamari Key are all limited in what they can contribute. Horston, Davis and Burrell are athletic (so 3) and all with severe flaws-Davis 3 pt shooting is 23%, Horston is a turnover machine with 31 on the year. Burrell disappears for large chunks of time and 24-22 assist to Turnover ratio. She does take the most 3's and is shooting 44% on the year.

This teams assists to Turnover is 185-180 so they are not good with passing. Collectively, this team shoots 32% from 3 point land-terrible. Pack in the defense with Liv, Aubrey and Evina, make them shoot from the outside or force passes into Key or KK and watch the ball turnover.

UConn 82 Tenn 66

I hesitate to give predictions in games against teams like this...........they are a Jekyll and Hyde crew...........they have enough talent to beat a top five team and they could just as easily loose to the 50th ranked team by 20 points...........when I say way too athletic I mean if UConn doesn't play their "A" game, Tenn has enough ability to make things difficult for them.........when I say tall they are easily the biggest front court UConn will have played against so far this season and Davis and Horston play bigger than 6'2" to boot............of course if they implode at both ends of the court as they do with some regularity UConn could win by 30.............if you insist I'll say 83 -75 UConn.................and please nobody get hurt.......!!!

Reaction Score
UConn 83 - Gaudy Orange 66

The series will not be renewed, we already play enough JV teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members