Prognosticators Game 4 (South Carolina) Predictions | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 4 (South Carolina) Predictions

Reaction Score
Defense just not there and some offensive troubles arose with all the turnovers today. Not going to be fixed literally overnight.

SC 75 - UConn 63

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If Uconn plays man to man the entire game, then I think they will fall short...67 - 62. If they mix in some zone and pressing...same score the other way. AND...Uconn has to play Dorka in this type of game. I like Dawn, but I don't believe she does well when she has to make in game adjustments (excluding halftime)...and neither do her teams.

Both teams should be happy to play this game this early in the season. It's a scout's early Christmas present. IMO...SC has a better interior defense and BIGS offensive game. UCONN...has the better mid and long range offensive game. Game will be decided on Rebounds/possessions and free throws.
Is this your prediction, SC 67 UConn 62?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
UCONN had 3 players with 34+ minutes today and USC had none with more than 29 in either game. Fresher legs help with jump shots and fouling so USC 72 UCONN 66. I also think it helps that Carolina has already played 2 top ten teams.

Reaction Score
If Uconn plays man to man the entire game, then I think they will fall short...67 - 62. If they mix in some zone and pressing...same score the other way. AND...Uconn has to play Dorka in this type of game. I like Dawn, but I don't believe she does well when she has to make in game adjustments (excluding halftime)...and neither do her teams.

Both teams should be happy to play this game this early in the season. It's a scout's early Christmas present. IMO...SC has a better interior defense and BIGS offensive game. UCONN...has the better mid and long range offensive game. Game will be decided on Rebounds/possessions and free throws.
Really goos analysis. I think SC takes the rebounds. Game will be decided on free throws. SC 71 C 60

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Third game in three days. Each team will have to reach down for the extra to win. Can't go with the naysayers/ realists.

UConn wins 66 - 61.

Reaction Score
I don't know score but I expect a close game either way. I think there's a tone of almost believing that the SC frontcourt is some version of a combination of "Griner and Charles." They are just college kids too-- not pros.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
South Carolina 78 UConn 71

Reaction Score
I realize we all can't be TonyC, but come on man (to coin a phrase) this is a UCONN board. Shame on those who are predicting an SC blowout. I don't care about the prognosticator score, I'm not going against UCONN.

UCONN - 67
SC - 60

Reaction Score
UCONN’s inside game an incredible disappointment to this point.
Feeling sick about where it is now.
Have already been gently admonished for not picking numbers on this thread, I’ll join with the spirit of the board.
If UCONN wins, it will be by a whisker in a tight, tight game.
Don’t think it will play out that way.
Lack of interior game will be exposed.
SC by 15 with Staley substituting liberally at end.
SC-82
UCONN-67
And I really hope I’m wrong.

Reaction Score
I should go with the eye test. Amihere is the difference maker as she has dramatically improved from last here while Edwards has regressed. Having said that I go with my heart and hope that we shoot lights out. UConn 85-80

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
this is a UCONN board.
Yup. this is a UConn board. Posters here pride themselves with a knowledge of the game. This post is about where peoples heads are right now and does not reflect out hearts. The question is not who do you want to win, but looking realistically at the current performance of two teams, who is more likely to win today. Do not impugn my heart, it will always reflect my confidence in the girls wearing American flag blue and the coaches. My head says SC 75 -68

Reaction Score
Breaks my heart going against my UConn squad but Coach Staley got a squad! South Carolina wins; 73-58.

Best of luck out there, UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anyone posting USC should have to give us 5 points. That being said I'll go with my heart - UCONN 72, South Carolina 66

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom