Prognosticators Game 21 (Oregon) Predictions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 21 (Oregon) Predictions

Reaction Score
I can't believe how many UConn fans are predicting we lose. Suspect/hope our team doesn't have the same inferiority complex - geez... I was there and saw Oregon lose to ASU, who basically looks like an intramural team compared to UConn. The Ducks are human (does that make sense????) and can be beat. UConn wins this game, some how, some way.

I say.... UConn 74-70

Edit: I just went back through this whole thread and gave everyone who predicted a UConn win a 'like'. The other ones - I know who you are :mad:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh, goodness! I really think Oregon may win, but here goes (I can't root against the Huskies!):

UConn 75
Oregon 71

Reaction Score
The Huskies have started to show some moxie recently! They are forming a "winning" identity, so I have UCONN pulling it out 70 to 69! The 4th period will be their best!
I think we out hustle and out gut them as Anna and Audrey continue their BB ascent!
Anna has a big night with the 3's and the big 4, Williams, Crystal Dangerfield, Walker and ONO come through also!
Meg will play like the Player of the Year she is and Williams will finally break out of her slump!
Bet the farm on it!
Can I just bet the barn?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I can't believe how many UConn fans are predicting we lose. Suspect/hope our team doesn't have the same inferiority complex - geez... I was there and saw Oregon lose to ASU, who basically looks like an intramural team compared to UConn. The Ducks are human (does that make sense????) and can be beat. UConn wins this game, some how, some way.

I say.... UConn 74-70

Edit: I just went back through this whole thread and gave everyone who predicted a UConn win a 'like'. The other ones - I know who you are :mad:
You missed @WestCoast, post #3 and @slug25, post #34. Don't want them to get PO'd at you and never give you a deserved like.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Oregon 87 - UConn 68

UConn only gets scoring from Dangerfield and Walker. Everyone else will struggle.

Reaction Score
You missed @WestCoast, post #3 and @slug25, post #34. Don't want them to get PO'd at you and never give you a deserved like.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Went back and got 'em, thanks.

I don't really care who gets PO'd at me, including the less-than confident nay-sayers who predicted Oregon will win. These likes were awarded on the basis of one sole criteria. Regardless of what I might think of the poster, they were earned. Huskies win!

Meanwhile Oregon is up by 40 in their tune-up at Colorado, and Sabrina, Ruthie and company are still in the game bombing away. Get it now - there ain't gonna be no triple-doubles Monday.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Meanwhile Oregon is up by 40 in their tune-up at Colorado, and Sabrina, Ruthie and company are still in the game bombing away. Get it now - there ain't gonna be no triple-doubles Monday.

Bench played the entire 4th quarter. How often does Geno start resting his starters during the 3rd quarter of a game?

Reaction Score
Wow some folks have us losing by a very big margin I simply do not see it. I have UConn winning this for several reasons. Final score no matter, simply UConn more Oregon less. Reasoning is simply the way I see this season playing out and how the coaching staff brings the team along.

We are now into February what I consider the 3rd phase of a four phase season, the dance being the forth. Some not all but talented freshmen are now over the big light jitters. I have waited like many here for the rimming outside shots to start being net. Same goes for the astonishing number of layups not going in. This is the game where those things turn around.
I could be wrong, I was once, ;) but Uconn wins.

Reaction Score
Went back and got 'em, thanks.

I don't really care who gets PO'd at me, including the less-than confident nay-sayers who predicted Oregon will win. These likes were awarded on the basis of one sole criteria. Regardless of what I might think of the poster, they were earned. Huskies win!

Flat out lie [ ] Quit making things up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I’m sensing some fear in a lot of my fellow Husky fans posts about Monday night and I don’t like it!

We have a 3-headed snake of Crystal-Christyn-Megatron that they have to prepare for and have not had to deal with yet this season!

I’m going with my Huskies (always) 71-63

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Bench played the entire 4th quarter. How often does Geno start resting his starters during the 3rd quarter of a game?

Maybe it's also worth noting that UCONN has two players averaging 35 minutes/game (Williams, Dangerfield) and another at nearly that (Walker at 34.8 ). Ionescu is averaging 32.8 minutes/game, with everyone else at Oregon under 30. Graves has always given more minutes to (is more forgiving of) his reserves than Geno.

Reaction Score
Oregon 71
UConn 55

UConn has been jeckyl & hyde all year & has not beaten anyone very good. Oregon is the most complete team in the country & is bigger, deeper, more experienced & better than this version of UConn.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Ducks 82
UConn 71

Interesting to see how double high altitude games, Utah and Colo, and a 3+ hour trip affects UO.
I hope this is a good game, because right after it there is a good HS game I am going too. No D1 players playing but if the home team, Aliso Niguel, wins there will be a 3 way tie for 1st place in league play and I dont think there is a tie breaker.

Reaction Score
Ducks 82
UConn 71

Interesting to see how double high altitude games, Utah and Colo, and a 3+ hour trip affects UO.
I hope this is a good game, because right after it there is a good HS game I am going too. No D1 players playing but if the home team, Aliso Niguel, wins there will be a 3 way tie for 1st place in league play and I dont think there is a tie breaker.
Oregon players should have a higher red blood cell count and be at an advantage playing at sea level now. :rolleyes:
Devious! Genius! Looks like UConn needs help from Lance Armstrong.

Oh well, guess we’ll just have to gut it out with our relative anemia...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom