Prognosticators Game 21 (Oregon) Predictions | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 21 (Oregon) Predictions

Reaction Score
Oregon is the hungrier team. They will make their free throws as game winds down. 77-69. Something like that. Geno will use a short bench and the players that need this kind of big game experience won’t get it. It’s a requirement to win this year.

Reaction Score
I think Oregon is the better team top to bottom but UConn will give them a great game at home and while I don’t think the Huskies win I wouldn’t be shocked. This is one of those games that could show the audience who is ready for March and a run to the FF.

Reaction Score
Don’t care on score to be honest. I want a competitive outing by UConn and hope that this helps them when it counts, in the tourney. Win or lose tomorrow night.

Oregon 72-67

Reaction Score
UCONN 72
OREGON 70

We need constant movement and cutting. Pass the ball to the open player and don’t be a ball hog. Oh yeah Geno needs to take time-outs to calm the team if needed. Go UCONN bestOregon! We we make our layups we win!!

Reaction Score
UCONN 72 - OREGON 62.

I just think Oregon’s recent schedule has to have taken a lot out of them. To Oregon, this game is a no lose game...against a top 5 team on the road. Their priority is to get the top PAC-12 seed in the tournament so they will end up in Portland. This game will have little impact on that as opposed to to their upcoming PAC-12 games against UCLA and Stanford. Oregon will either come out on fire or be tired from their recent schedule. I’m guessing the later.

Reaction Score
My heart says Uconn, my brain argues for Oregon. But, as it does with all things Husky, Uconn 67 Oregon 63.

Reaction Score
This game is not going to be as close as many UCONN fans expect. Oregon wins easily by at least 20 points.
As I said to the original poster, when has UConn been BLOWN OUT by anyone at home in the Geno era???? The women's national team didn't come close to blowing the Huskies out just recently and yet, Oregon will????? I just can't fathom that happening and to have multiple posters saying the same thing is beyond amazing.

Reaction Score
Oregon 87 - UConn 68

UConn only gets scoring from Dangerfield and Walker. Everyone else will struggle.
What's amazing to me is not that multiple Boneyarders are predicting that UConn will lose in Storrs but by an outlandish point spread. What kind of medications are you people taking? What is in the water? If this Oregon team were undefeated and had won all their games by double figures, I could ALMOST see the potential for a big loss by the Huskies who aren't nearly the powerhouse they've been more recently but this Oregon team has lost and has won a number of other games against good but not great teams by relatively narrow margins. How bad do you think this UConn team is?????

Reaction Score
Perhaps you should adjust your tin foil hat.
I don't think that prediction is any more outlandish than the point spread you've got UConn LOSING by .... you sound as if this Huskie team is a mediocre freshman team rather than a top 5 team playing at home .....

Reaction Score
Oregon is the hungrier team. They will make their free throws as game winds down. 77-69. Something like that. Geno will use a short bench and the players that need this kind of big game experience won’t get it. It’s a requirement to win this year.
What makes Oregon a hungrier team???? I like that some of the Boneyarders have such a wonderful grasp of the mindset and the psyche of a team that's based 3000 miles away .... BECAUSE WHAT ???????????????

Reaction Score
FWIW, the line hasn't changed as of this morning -- we are 5.5 pt. underdogs.
Still, I think we win a close one!

Reaction Score
What's amazing to me is not that multiple Boneyarders are predicting that UConn will lose in Storrs but by an outlandish point spread. What kind of medications are you people taking? What is in the water? If this Oregon team were undefeated and had won all their games by double figures, I could ALMOST see the potential for a big loss by the Huskies who aren't nearly the powerhouse they've been more recently but this Oregon team has lost and has won a number of other games against good but not great teams by relatively narrow margins. How bad do you think this UConn team is?????
I don't consider a 19 point loss outlandish. Oregon is simply the better team at just about every position on the floor. UConn will play hard, like they usually do, but talent will prevail. This will be a very good learning experience for this UConn team and will help them down the line. In the end, the most important thing in these non-league games is to learn and get better. UConn will.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
FWIW, the line hasn't changed as of this morning -- we are 5.5 pt. underdogs.
Still, I think we win a close one!

Oh, the shame. Our HUSKIES, an underdog at home. :oops::oops:

Reaction Score
It will take imaginative coaching to penetrate and stop Oregon’s machine-like efficiency (a description some find laughable), otherwise they will roll over us. Oregon quite simply has the tools in Sabally, Hebard, and Ionesco to power that machine. UConn has the players to disrupt that machine (that word again) but will we do it. Early keys will be starting lineup. Is Anna in or on the bench, is Meg neutralized, is Liv overpowered, does good Christyn show up, and is Crystal forced to throw up long range threes when we fail to penetrate. The outcome may well be determined in how Geno coaches.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom