Prognosticators Game 19 (Tennessee) Predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 19 (Tennessee) Predictions

Reaction Score
UCONN 82
TN 71

UCONN will use this TN game to start their winning push to the end of the season playoffs!
If I'm not mistaken TN has averaged close to 20 turnovers in their last 3 games, losing 2 of them!
Very sloppy play will hurt the Lady Vols vs UCONN!
UCONN's defense is also on the way up to the usual Huskies defense!
And best of all the game is in CT!

Reaction Score
Uconn wins, 73-65. Uconn's guards realize Caroline is 3-5 inches taller than the person guarding her and send her inside for 22 points.
Tennessee's SG/SFs are all 6'1-6'2. She won't have a height advantage. Two of them (6'2 Horston and 6'1 Burrell) will have a speed advantage. She's faster than 6'2 Puckett, but not as strong. 6'1 Darby is just a spot up shooter, but she's got a thicker frame than Caroline.

Reaction Score
I'm getting tired of these hiccups with all these postponements/cancellations, I hope the Orange can get out of Knoxville and get to Storrs. Don't know what the weather conditions will be like in CT, but they know how to prepare for bad weather.

Now that I got that off my chest onto the prediction. UConn beat Arkansas by 15 points, that was with Paige playing and scoring 34 points. But Olivia and AE scored 9 each, with CW scoring 18 and Evina scoring 15 points. Now Paige is out so we need Azzi, Caroline, Dorka, and Nika to step up. In the Arkansas game those 4 scored a combined total of 10 points, the way they are playing now I think they can make up what we are missing without Paige. If they play like they did the last 23 minutes of the Creighton game they win. I think that Geno and CD will have them ready to come out of the gate blazing, both on offense and defense. UConn 85 - The Orange 68.

All predictions and any changes must be submitted by Noon game day. Any changes must state that it is replacing the original prediction. If a change is properly submitted you will receive a like on your request showing that it has been accepted. Attached is the Prognosticators Prediction Rules and Scoring System. Good Luck to all you prognosticators out there. Currently there are only 8 scheduled games left to qualify for the Prognosticators Predictions Tournament edition.
The outcome of this game will depend on who Geno has available. If Dorka and Azzi are 100%, as well as Caroline, I don’t see how Tennessee can matchup with us. Starters should be Caroline, CW, Ono, Dorka, and Azzi or Nika. CW’s been on fire lately too. Edwards has played well lately also. Tennessee has to play good defense in the paint as well as on the perimeter or they’ll be down by a lot fast. If this turns into a track meet Uconn wins easily. UConn wins by at least 10, maybe more. Tennessee’s only hope is if Dee Kantner refs the game. lol

Reaction Score
I have to make the assumption that UConn will have everyone healthy and ready to go. UConn wins 72-58 with Paige dressing for the game and entering at the 2 min mark in the 4th with a brace on and buries a 3, gets fouled and sinks the freebie to turn a 10 point game into my 14 pt MOV. Well we can dream can't we? It has been 7 1/2 weeks since surgery and over 8 since injury.

Reaction Score
UCONN 67 TENN 64 MOV 3
ONO and Dorka, with help from Aaliyah and Caroline,
match up and outrebound the Vols. Christyn, Caroline,
and Azzi have solid afternoons to achieve balanced
outside scoring. Without Paige we need everyone to
play to their individual strengths = Go Evina, Go Aaliyah,
be solid Nika! The difference is UCONN playing at Home,
Bring some energy to the game UCONN fans!!

Reaction Score
Tenn has regressed lately. They appear to be vulnerable to quick agile guards but they still are physical in the paint. UConn guards not real quick and post players not physical. However, I am going with my heart and predict UConn 64 UT 60. Make it happen, Geno!

sun

Reaction Score
UConn Huskies 68 - UT Lady Volunteers 67

Reaction Score
This could be an ugly game. What’s the over/under on turnovers? 38? UConn stumbles to victory 69-62

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
There is a large contingent coming up from Tenn. They will be having lunch and after game parties at City Steam. I remember the last game we played against Tenn. There we a bunch of us who reserved a table for over 20 at City Steam for Lunch and the Tenn fans came up to meet us. That was a 70 degree day in January and Pats last game against UConn. Then the fireworks began.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I hope my mojo fixing won't be needed, or missed. But I refuse to be involved in this travesty of a game. We should not be voluntarily playing it. :mad:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom