Prognosticators Game 18 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 18

Reaction Score
With the potential of Katie Lou not playing and more liberal substitution I’m reducing my lofty expectations. UConn 87-47

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno sent a message after last game. While the reserves will play more, UConn will be solid from start to finish.

Huskies win 92 - 59

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Blue guys 87
not so happy blue guys 48

Reaction Score
UConn. 96
Temple. 51

So much depends on reactions to the (public) airing of our shortcomings - and if it was enough to get some kind of aha lights on in practices already. Lots of different combinations and thus some misfires, lack of communication, and late switching on defense. Think the offense will be strong (UConn strong with great spacing and passing, I don’t know) but a recognition that this is where they can use their tools to show they’ve listened and heard. Enough

Reaction Score
I think there will be a return to a more normal UConn... with Lou sporting sweats and maybe a boot on the bench (wish there was an update on this???).... So, with a "near normal" line up and a more sane substitution plan, but without Lou, I'm going with:
UConn: 80
Temple: 54

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
UCONN 76
Temple 54

Not going to be a pretty, or fun game for fans to watch. Message or no message from Geno, Crystal has shin splints, Gabby a sore hip, KLS a hurt ankle and black eye, Azura can't defend (per Geno), and the subs still can't seem to string together 5 minutes of quality basketball.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UCONN 76
Temple 54

Not going to be a pretty, or fun game for fans to watch. Message or no message from Geno, Crystal has shin splints, Gabby a sore hip, KLS a hurt ankle and black eye, Azura can't defend (per Geno), and the subs still can't seem to string together 5 minutes of quality basketball.

This may be one of those games you don't want to replay. This is a game he can afford to rest some of the starters. We'll win, but it may not be pretty, especially if he gives the starters that are hurting a rest. If he rests Gabby (10.6 ppg), Crystal (11.4) and KLS (16.8), thats 39 points. Are the reserves going to match that production total? :eek: Temple comes in at 9-8/1-4. They're having problems too. Low scoring game Sunday. UConn 54- Temple 42

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
105 to 23 with 90 percent first string

88 62 with Frosh/Soph playing 25 minutes or more

Reaction Score
This may be one of those games you don't want to replay. This is a game he can afford to rest some of the starters. We'll win, but it may not be pretty, especially if he gives the starters that are hurting a rest. Temple comes in at 9-8/1-4. They're having problems too. UConn 54- Temple 42

Scoop --If you are a UCWBB fan, the development of the second strings game is important to how you see the finish of this year. So I'll watch the replay as I did the Tulsa replay. If you ignore the media words, the negativism, and just watch those young kids play--they did well. (no -no stewie or maya YET)
If Geno gives the second string the same Tulsa opportunity, and prepares them as a unit in practice, you will be surprised. Geno, Uconn WBB, needs these kids and they don't get substantially better as a fan viewing the game from a hard seat.

Reaction Score
I could care less..hopefully no KLS, no Gabby and little or no Crystal......get Walker and Coombs back on the floor with the starters and I bet you'll see a pretty decent result..
n
Again--Amen. I suggest Molly along with your two--UCWBB REQUIRES two things---rest for the starter/rehab for some--real game experience with a few starters for the second string..

Reaction Score
UCONN 76
Temple 54

Not going to be a pretty, or fun game for fans to watch. Message or no messagye from Geno, Crystal has shin splints, Gabby a sore hip, KLS a hurt ankle and black eye, Azura can't defend (per Geno), and the subs still can't seem to string together 5 minutes of quality basketball.

ERICLa--You are a great fan. You love this team, no doubt. The poetry in motion or the precise passing may not be 100 percent. If you watch Molly, Coombs, Megan and only think how are they changing from Tulsa--you'll see beauty in their game. It will take some doing for ANY to be Gabby, KLS, Danger--but they need REST.. I'll enjoy this game--with the good, the bad or even ugly (which I expect to see less of)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
With the possibility of Lou not playing and maybe even Gabby and Crystal not playing or having reduced minutes, I still believe that UConn will win. My prediction is 85 - 52.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Who knows how Geno will coach the team today, regardless if Katie-Lou and/or Gabby play. UConn will win, but I"m going to be cautious with my score prediction.

UConn 70 Temple 55

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
UCONN 76
Temple 54

I could care less..hopefully no KLS, no Gabby and little or no Crystal......get Walker and Coombs back on the floor with the starters and I bet you'll see a pretty decent result..

How can I possibly like both of these posts? Left side of brain, say hello to right side of brain.....please.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom