Prognosticators Game 18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 18

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We'll win because we have better athletes, but if Geno rests those that are hurting, this one may truly be a TEAM win!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Atkinson is one of the top players in the nation in scoring, rebounding (for a 5'9" guard!), and getting to the free throw line. If we slow her down, Temple will have trouble getting to 50. I think we run, run, and run some more. I look for something more like the usual substitution pattern, with a small number of underclassmen getting in early one or two at a time.

Huskies 90-45 in a 2-fer.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Gonna be a bad day for the dogs. KLS out, all the rest bummed about Geno's comments. Geno's gonna take it easy on Tonya. In Philly crowd and players gonna be hyped up for the Eagles game. A recipe for an upset.

Temple pulls it off, 67-61

Reaction Score
Gonna be a bad day for the dogs. KLS out, all the rest bummed about Geno's comments. Geno's gonna take it easy on Tonya. In Philly crowd and players gonna be hyped up for the Eagles game. A recipe for an upset.

Temple pulls it off, 67-61
Let’s see - you’re saying a bird (an owl) plus a city enamored with another bird (an eagle) will combine to conquer not just a dog but the top dog (a husky) when it’s Machiavelli like master (note the Italian parallel) has the pups (freshmen) whipped into a frenzy and out for blood. Ain’t gonna happen - but your public pronouncement will serve to once again keep the Mojo man at bay. Truly appreciate all you’ve done and (I anticipate) will continue to do on behalf of the UConn cause. :rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Let’s see - you’re saying a bird (an owl) plus a city enamored with another bird (an eagle) will combine to conquer not just a dog but the top dog (a husky) when it’s Machiavelli like master (note the Italian parallel) has the pups (freshmen) whipped into a frenzy and out for blood. Ain’t gonna happen - but your public pronouncement will serve to once again keep the Mojo man at bay. Truly appreciate all you’ve done and (I anticipate) will continue to do on behalf of the UConn cause. :rolleyes:
images

Reaction Score
I like what Scoop has to say a Team
Win! Who cares what the score is as long as we win! Would love to see
the second team rotated in one or two at a time. Let’s be positive and
enjoy the game. Go UCONN and
here’s to team! All of them!

Reaction Score
UCONN 82 Temple 53 - I would suspect that Lou doesn't play. Gabby and Danger start, but get very limited minutes. Z starts in place of Lou (with Geno having the microscope clearly on Stevens's defense). We will NOT see that same thing that happened in the 2nd Quarter the other night. Instead, I suspect that Kyla Irwin will see more time with the starters in this game. Walker will also get allot of time off the bench. Other than that, I would forsee that Molly, Gordon, Camara and Coombs just get "Mop Up" time in the 4th quarter. At this point in the season, I feel that Geno only trusts Irwin and Walker as candidates to be able to step up their games, to round out the 7 or 8 person rotation this season

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
With the injuries, UConn l0ses a lot of offense. But the bench picks up the difference.

UConn 85
Temple -3

Carnac

Reaction Score
Geno sent a message after last game. While the reserves will play more, UConn will be solid from start to finish.

Huskies win 92 - 59

Good call OD. My guess wound up looking like UConn's half time score.
I based my guess on the possibility of 3 starters being out instead of just one.

Carnac

Reaction Score
UCONN 82 Temple 53 - I would suspect that Lou doesn't play. Gabby and Danger start, but get very limited minutes. Z starts in place of Lou (with Geno having the microscope clearly on Stevens's defense). We will NOT see that same thing that happened in the 2nd Quarter the other night. Instead, I suspect that Kyla Irwin will see more time with the starters in this game. Walker will also get allot of time off the bench. Other than that, I would forsee that Molly, Gordon, Camara and Coombs just get "Mop Up" time in the 4th quarter. At this point in the season, I feel that Geno only trusts Irwin and Walker as candidates to be able to step up their games, to round out the 7 or 8 person rotation this season

Good call, you got it exactly right.

Carnac

Reaction Score
This may be one of those games you don't want to replay. This is a game he can afford to rest some of the starters. We'll win, but it may not be pretty, especially if he gives the starters that are hurting a rest. If he rests Gabby (10.6 ppg), Crystal (11.4) and KLS (16.8), thats 39 points. Are the reserves going to match that production total? :eek: Temple comes in at 9-8/1-4. They're having problems too. Low scoring game Sunday. UConn 54- Temple 42

This is why I don't gamble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom