Prognosticators Game 18 (Creamsicle Orange) Predictions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 18 (Creamsicle Orange) Predictions

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Like many I don't know which UConn teams shows up and also which Lady Vol team shows up. How will each team handle that they're playing each other. Do the Lady Vol players come in with an attitude that we have something to prove more then just winning a game. We are the Lady Vols! Do the UConn players come in with a similar attitude, we are UConn and this is our house. In other words is this more then just a game between two good teams.

Lady Vols have more size which could cause UConn problems. UConn runs a more efficient offense and IMO is a better defensive team. UConn has more experience playing big games and its a UConn home game. UConn 72 Lady Vols 59.

Next year when UConn visits TN, do you think that’s going to be just another game? The team will want to protect their house and their pride. The fans in attendance will be as nasty towards UConn as they can be.

Anyone that thinks this is just another game is fooling themselves. We’ve got 3 more OOC games left with Tennessee, Oregon and South Carolina. If we can only win one of them, which one would you choose? If the entire UConn fan base had one collective vote, which one would they choose? You know the answer to that question.

Reaction Score
UConn 81 - 63.
We jump out big, then play the second half about even.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
This game is a “no win” situation for UConn. If UConn wins, well they were supposed to win. If they lose, then it was to an inferior team. I’m sorry it’s being played.

Seems that this would hold true for every game we play against teams not named Baylor, Oregon, South Carolina, etc.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I still think Pat's disease had a lot to do with the animosity that grew between the programs. Paranoia is one of the symptoms and may have contributed to the bad feelings and accusations that dissolved the desire to continue the rivalry. Hopefully enough time has passed and the two programs can learn to respect each other again. I'm glad the reason for the resumption of play between programs is to support Pat's program to help fight that insidious disease.

As a UConn fan though, I still think UConn will win this game 78 - 69.

I agree with a lot of what you write but think it's important to put more of the history of the rift out there - most reading this will know this already but for the benefit of newcomers ............

The issue wasn't just Pat's actions, and I agree, they stemmed from her disease. If it was just Pat, perhaps things wouldn't have spiraled so far down.

However, her accusations got full-throated support from the UT administration, and also had backing from the SEC. And some of their fan base were and still are over the top in their hatred of Geno and generally UConn. And instituted attacks and investigations of members of this forum.

Despite all this, I am one of the few who was sorry to see the series end, and therefore I'm glad that it's being renewed, even though I think it will be a shadow of what it was before.

Do I like to see Tennessee lose? You bet - but I'd also like to see them become an elite program again. I think that would be overall good for WCBB. And if they do regain their stature, and if we continue to play them in the future, I'll enjoy our victories over them a whole lot more than our wins against the Tulsa's of this world.

Finally, I really care a lot about the Huskies, to the extent that my family dreads the start of the season. But I also put this into this perspective - I also care a whole lot about wars, climate change impacts, racial and religious intolerance, etc.. Comparatively, sports rivalries just don't matter as much.

Reaction Score
I believe that this is not going to be pretty, I will no let pass through my writing their name. First you have ESPN televising it and calling the game The Basketball Hall of Fame Revival Series. What other teams are they going to use after next year, they are hoping that Geno agrees to keeping the series going. Second you have most likely the officiating of this game being done by none other than the worst official in WBB, De Cantor. Third you have a University coming to the XL Center, should be Gampel Pavilion, that has done everything in their power to demean and degrade UConn, they have messed over UConn too many times with the most recent event just this Summer in the handling of the transfer of Evina. With all that being said UConn will win, after watching the Puke Orange performance against Alabama on their home court and acting like they just won a NC, I do not see them winning in Hartford. UConn 78 - Puke Orange 60. All predictions must be in 6:55 Eastern or 3:55 Pacific. Good luck to all you Prognosticators out there.
Come on now, why are you holding back your true feelings?

Reaction Score
Next year when UConn visits TN, do you think that’s going to be just another game? The team will want to protect their house and their pride. The fans in attendance will be as nasty towards UConn as they can be.

Anyone that thinks this is just another game is fooling themselves. We’ve got 3 more OOC games left with Tennessee, Oregon and South Carolina. If we can only win one of them, which one would you choose? If the entire UConn fan base had one collective vote, which one would they choose? You know the answer to that question.
Oregon? Past is past. Of course this comes from a Colorado alum who considered the past two football seasons a success since each involved wins over old Big 8 then 12 rival Nebraska.

Reaction Score
I accepted the loss to Baylor but can not accept, under any circumstances, a loss to Tenn. The margin of victory will come down to which Uconn team takes the court. If the score is close it will bring me no joy. But if it's a beat down- Oh My - What sweet ecstasy that would be. The last time the team gave me that feeling was the coming out party of Christyn against N.D. That felt soooo good for soooo long. Please Huskies give me that Sweet Ecstasy again. PLEASE

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
For TN, this is their Final Four game so they will come out and play like it's the last game of their season - and still loose. It will be reasonably close. UCONN 70 - 61 TN

In other predictions: Geno refuses to extend the series beyond next year and TN slides farther into irrelevance - TN vs Alabama becomes the great rivalry for the orange crowd in the annual matchup of middle-of-the-pack SEC teams

Reaction Score
I think that much of this series revolved around "Geno and Pat", perhaps the top two coaches in the history of women's basketball. There was so much anger and bitterness when the series ended but much of that dissolved with Pat's passing and knowing the pain she went through. I seriously doubt that at this point it will ever be anything more than a game between two teams from different conferences. Uconn 73 Tennessee 68.

I agree with you 100%. The two coaches were so different from one another IMO they really couldn't help but clash with each other and of course their teams followed suit. I loathed Pat & TN with the best Husky fans but when she made the announcement that she had been diagnosed with early onset dementia that went right out the window, I could not hate her knowing what was eventually going happen to her having watched my grandmother die of Alzheimer's.

But that rivalry is dead. Pat killed it in 2007 when she terminated the series and of course she herself passed away in 2016. While UConn has gone on to win more national titles since the series ended Tennessee has not won a title going on 12 years nor have they truly been contenders for one for some time now. Maybe Kelly Harper can bring them back to national relevance but that remains to be seen. I hope so, I hate to see once elite programs falter as I think the more elite programs there are the better women's basketball will be.

What truly annoys me is the way ESPN & other media outlets are hyping this game. This is not a rivalry game. It is a charity game for a good cause. The two teams haven't played in the regular season since 2007 yet to hear the media both teams will be out for blood because it is UConn vs Tennessee. No. It is a different time with a new generation of players that only know about the former rivalry because it is part of women's college basketball history.

UConn 85-Tennessee 67

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom