Prognosticators Game 18 (Creamsicle Orange) Predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 18 (Creamsicle Orange) Predictions

Reaction Score
I won't be able to see the game live as I have a work function Thursday night. If the Houston/Tulsa game Huskies show up it could be a pretty big MOV. If the Memphis/UCF Huskies show up, not so much. I suspect that the reality will be somewhere in the middle as I think the team will be better shooting from the field and the free throw line than they were in the two recent clunkers. However, the orange people are more talented than the two teams we spanked.

I see an MOV of 18 and a final score of UConn 82 and the cream sickles 64. And, based on my past performances on these threads, the reality will end up being nothing like this.

Reaction Score
UConn 72-68....Tenn length and man to man Defense makes this a grind

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not impressed with the Tennessee I saw last night. Some height, yes. Two scorers. Not enough. And yes I would love a 40 to 50 point smackdown. But the rivalry is gone. So -

UConn wins 83 -- 60.

RandomFan85

A Rogue LV Fan
Reaction Score
As a Lady Vol fan, I truly expect this game to go the way of most of our "big" games over the past 10 years... A Husky (probably Dangerfield because she is from Tennessee and that makes it worse) has a career night as we look like deer in the headlights. While I think Harper has us going in the right direction, we ain't ready for this big of a stage. Huskies by 15 at least.

Reaction Score
Can any of those that say Coach Harper is doing a better job coaching please give some or ANY support of this perception with some facts???? Is scoring up over last year? Is their efficiency better? Is the Assist to Turnovers significantly improved? Are they holding teams to a lower average and efficiency rating? Their pathetic OOC was already made when KJH inherited this team and while she said she wants to improve it, nothing shows yet. The truth is this is the exact team as it was the last few years, sans Holly tears in the postgame pressers and the “I don’t know” quotes.
Yes, Kelli is more media savvy and the mood is seems significantly better but they still haven’t played the teeth of the SEC schedule yet to make “Coaching improvement” proclamations.
UConn 84
Hollyless crybabies 60

Copy and pasted from LV FB group:
Out of 349 DI teams, UT is currently...
•1st in rebound margin (15.5)...9th at this point last year (11.6)
•1st in defensive rebounds per game (33.3)...unavailable
•2nd in rebounds per game (49.5)...7th (46.0)
•2nd in FG % defense (.307)...179th (.396)
•2nd in blocked shots per game (7.1)...119th (3.6)
•11th in assists per game (18.2)...100th (4.5)
•12th in scoring margin (21.0)...48th (11.9)
•14th in scoring defense (54.4)...228th (66.5)
•17th in FG % (.459)...74th (.429)
•19th in 3pt FG % defense (.258)...216th (.318)
Still, we have significant room for improvement in some areas...
•198th in turnovers per game (16.6)...208th (16.8)
•237th in FT % (.663)...226th (.666)
•286th in turnover margin (-2.7)...106th (1.9)
•297th in steals per game (6.2)...70th (9.7)
* Edited to add where we stood nationally as of 1/17/19

Source: NCAA® Ranking Summary

Reaction Score
As a Lady Vol fan, I truly expect this game to go the way of most of our "big" games over the past 10 years... A Husky (probably Dangerfield because she is from Tennessee and that makes it worse) has a career night as we look like deer in the headlights. While I think Harper has us going in the right direction, we ain't ready for this big of a stage. Huskies by 15 at least.
Hope this is sincere and not simply bad mojo on our websi

Reaction Score
LV fan prediction:
UConn 74 Tenn 57

I just don’t see TN hitting huge shots and I don’t see UCONN missing their open looks. I do think there will be some tension and it will be physical. I think we can all agree TN Length and physicality brings some problems for UConn. I just don’t think TN is ready. I think come the tourney I would predict a closer score line but I just don’t see it here. I think Dangerfield is the killer and picks apart the weak spots of the D.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Big Blue 82
Orange Peeps 68

Reaction Score
I think that much of this series revolved around "Geno and Pat", perhaps the top two coaches in the history of women's basketball. There was so much anger and bitterness when the series ended but much of that dissolved with Pat's passing and knowing the pain she went through. I seriously doubt that at this point it will ever be anything more than a game between two teams from different conferences. Uconn 73 Tennessee 68.

Reaction Score
Defensive rebounding and solid defense on Davis should do it. Force the other LV players to outscore our best 4.
Uconn 74-Tennessee 58

Reaction Score
I think UConn wins, 77-65.
More importantly, I'm delighted to see a resurrection of the series. However rooted in reality or myth the ongoing angst over alleged past misdeeds strike me as ancient history - history that has long-expired relevance. The fact is that emerging levels of parity in WCBB is not only a fact, but cannot be anything but good for fan interest and for the game in general. U Tennessee is not, or at least is no longer, an evil empire, if it ever was one, and its fans, several of whom I've met over the years, strike me as pretty nice people, folks who harbor parochial biases similar to our own. We're only talking about women's college basketball here, not planetary vulnerability. "Hate" UT if you want...why not? Prior to this year, when it became kind of meaningless, I "hated" ND, which strikes me as a generally more worthy endeavor. But all of this only points to the value of great rivalries and what we should all hope will be their continuing relevance...great for the game!

Reaction Score
... U Tennessee is not, or at least is no longer, an evil empire,
Yes it is, IMO

...if it ever was one, and its fans...strike me as pretty nice people
I'm sure there are some. There are definitely a lot who aren't.

..."Hate" UT if you want...why not?
Thank you. I do.

Prior to this year, when it became kind of meaningless, I "hated" ND, which strikes me as a generally more worthy endeavor. But all of this only points to the value of great rivalries and what we should all hope will be their continuing relevance...great for the game!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This game is a “no win” situation for UConn. If UConn wins, well they were supposed to win. If they lose, then it was to an inferior team. I’m sorry it’s being played.

Reaction Score
These players werent born yet when the true rivalry was happening. Then it became a Pat vs Geno thing, and I'm sure these players dont even know what that was about. Its probably personal for Geno & some of the older fans, but for the players, it more nostalgic. The media is playing it up since thats their job. We'll see how "chippy" it gets. I would love a physical game with UConn winning in style.

Reaction Score
These players werent born yet when the true rivalry was happening. Then it became a Pat vs Geno thing, and I'm sure these players dont even know what that was about. Its probably personal for Geno & some of the older fans, but for the players, it more nostalgic. The media is playing it up since thats their job. We'll see how "chippy" it gets. I would love a physical game with UConn winning in style.
Physical games rarely help UConn. See last week's UCF game. A free flowing game where both teams are getting up and down the court plays into UConn's hands. If this turns into another whistle fest, then it's anyone's game to win.

Reaction Score
I still think Pat's disease had a lot to do with the animosity that grew between the programs. Paranoia is one of the symptoms and may have contributed to the bad feelings and accusations that dissolved the desire to continue the rivalry. Hopefully enough time has passed and the two programs can learn to respect each other again. I'm glad the reason for the resumption of play between programs is to support Pat's program to help fight that insidious disease.

As a UConn fan though, I still think UConn will win this game 78 - 69.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom