Prognosticators Game 16 (DePaul) Predictions | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 16 (DePaul) Predictions

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
This game was not the one that I thought I would be doing today's prognostication on, but it's one that I think will be a good test for the current playing roster. Evidently CW will most likely miss according to the vibe coming out of Storrs. With that this game should be interesting as well as challenging.

DePaul is currently in second place with one loss and has the whole arsenal and is scary good when on point, but also has some problems against teams that have size. The only "ranked" team they've beaten in Kentucky, which many people say is overrated and have lost to Texas A&M, Arizona, Notre Dame, and Marquette.

Their tallest player is a 6-3 Freshman and have 4 other players that are 6-1. They have most likely the Big East Freshman of the Year who currently averages 20.3 pts, 12.5 rbds, and averages almost 28 minutes a game. The starting five are all scoring in double figures averaging 10.5 - 20.3 pts a game and average play is 27.6 to 32.2 minutes.

I believe that the current players that UConn has can be a big challenge to the Demons as long as they play with the intensity that they have the last couple of games if they can minimize their turn-overs and get the ball down low for the bigs to score. The defense has been better and they have to keep it up and force the Demons to take rushed shots. If they play with the intensity and befuddle the Demons UConn will win. UConn 85 - DePaul 73. All predictions and any changes must be in by 8:00 PM Eastern, the winner must be stated, and any changes must state that it replace the previous prediction. Attached is the Prognosticator Rules and Scoring sheet and Good Luck to all you prognosticators out there. I would have posted this last night, but I had a birthday to celebrate, my last in the 60's.

Attachments

• Prognosticators Predictions Rules and Scoring System.pdf
    111.4 KB · Views: 85
Reaction Score
UConn 81 DePaul 74

Baby Bigs get to cheer from the bench.

Reaction Score
I think UConn will need to be more efficient on the offensive end as I think Depaul will be harder to stop at home.
UConn 85 - Depaul 78

Reaction Score
UCONN 86 DePaul 71 MOV 15
This is a much tougher game in Chicago!
But our good "D" limits their offense
and our Height powers our offense. I hope1

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tricky game. Our 3 point shooting is simply NOT good. It's adequate, but not good. The key will be stopping all of DePaul's outside threats, which usually is all 5 of the players they have on the floor. I know we have an advantage with our bigs, but they literally average over 25 3-point attempts per game. AND they have 4 players who average over 35% from deep.

They lost close games to Arizona, Notre Dame and aTm. They also lost an OT game to Marquette. But they AVERAGE over 92 PPG. Our defense has been good lately, and improving as well, but we may need to score over 80 to beat them. They usually like to play uptempo so it could be an exciting high-scoring game if our offense is clicking. Bur I think our lack of 3-point accuracy prevents us from scoring over 90. We will see!

UCONN 83
DePaul 72

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I sure would like to have Christyn available? If UConn takes care of the ball on offense and pounds the boards I think the Huskies pull out the win in the Windy City.

UConn 79 - DePaul 72

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn 82 Depaul 70 Their tallest player is 6'1 We will score alot of points down low and they will try to pack it in. Caroline will have a huge game. If Christyn plays she too will have a field day. Liv Dorka field days A match up disaster for DePaul. Depaul will have to shoot over a much taller team and wont be able to penetrate to get open.

Reaction Score
Uconn 70, Depaul 62

Interesting Morrow Stats: Not in the top 30 in minutes played but 1st in rebounds, 1st in defensive rebounds, 1st in offensive rebounds, 1st in steals, 2nd in points, 4th in FG%. She has almost twice as many offensive rebounds per game than the next best player. She is an incredibly efficient player on both ends of the court. Most importantly, keep her off the offensive boards. She's the female Charles Barkley. Do we play zone with this girl? Ideally no. Can we play man to man with 6 players against Depaul? I think not. Good player for Edwards to guard and everyone needs to block her from the boards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom