Prognosticators Game 13 (Baylor) Predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 13 (Baylor) Predictions

Reaction Score
UCONN 70 - 60
The Dr. is in the house. (Well, in Washington State.) :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With the win in Dallas and the core four getting through the game injury free, it's back to UConn's second home the XL in Hartford, (darn, I'd rather it be Gampel). Why play in both Baylor and Tenn in Hartford, they should be in Gampel for THE STUDENTS, after all it is College Basketball. Now that I did my rant, back to the prediction. Many people are saying UConn has no chance, but when I look at who Baylor has played and had ONLY ONE actual road game I'm not so sure that they're as good as some people believe. This should be a challenge for UConn, but it also should be a challenge for Baylor. Game is a close one but the Huskies pull it out; UConn 78 - Baylor 66. All predictions must be in by 6:50 Eastern or 3:50 Pacific. Good Luck to all you Prognosticators, to include @meyers7.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
As one who attended many games, and played some, in the old field house I agree there is nothing like STUDENTs participation in the games. That atmosphere is electric and rowdy.
Uconn 72 Baylor 68

Reaction Score
Playing at home will be worth at least 5 points in an otherwise even match up. UConn 70, Baylor 65.
Pundits, dependent on the matching, often give the home team 10 points. Uconn at home with the home crowd, the team is UP for this one, and Geno has shown Meagan where the press dissed her---it shall be a tussle and fun game. Expect 2 kids to go off on Baylor: Aubrey and CW.

Reaction Score
73-71 Baylor
I think Cox is going to be too much for Liv to handle, additionally Baylor's speed and length will make it difficult. This is the first time I have ever gone against UConn . Liv needs to have a monster game and we need to shoot 50%+ from 3 to win this and prove me wrong.
I disagree on Olivia must have a "monster" game. She needs to stay out of foul trouble and just play "her" game. Megan, Irwin, Aubrey can handle the post and rebounding. Cox will get hers and she'll get called on fouls. This is a total UConn team effort with no let downs.

Reaction Score
67-61 UConn.

I just can't see Baylor winning in CT in front of the home crowd. Also Cox has only played in 2 games in the last 2 months. She looked out of sync in both of those games.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Pretty straight forward on this one....Bears are godless killing machines.

Baylor wins 82-67.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Also, Baylor is very big. They replace Size with More Size. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mulkey does a big lineup with Tea at the 1, Didi 2, Lauren 3, Smith 4, Queen 5.

Kim got 10 points from her bench from 2 players against Oklahoma Saturday. The starters should play the bulk of the minutes in this game, although she got 41 minutes from her bench Saturday. Te’a Cooper had a career high 32 points. I don’t expect that to happen again this year, let alone against UConn.

Baylor is an elite team and is worthy of our respect, but they still have to show up and play. They are more vulnerable on the road than at home. “I think Thursday’s game will certainly be the toughest test that we’ve had, no question about that,” Auriemma said. “They present a different challenge than any other team that we’ve played. I mean we’ve played some pretty good teams, but we haven’t played a team with their size and their depth and their style of play. So it’ll be a real challenge for us.” Auriemma sees regular season games, even big-time matchups like this one, as yet another opportunity to learn the good, the bad, and the ugly about his team.

There won’t be a lot of folks cheering and rooting for them at the XL Center. This game is sold out. Except for the few Baylor supporters sitting behind Baylor's bench, the crowd will be pro UConn. Hopefully the team will be able to feed off their spirit and energy.

Baylor is just as concerned about us as we are about them. I like our chances. UConn has proven to be very hard to beat at home. We had lots of questions during the summer about this team. THIS will be the last question to be answered: how does THIS team compare to the other elite teams that will be top seeds in the tournament. There are several "elephants" in the room. Baylor is one of them..........as are we!!!

Last edited:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Scoring offense - Baylor #1, UConn #14
Scoring defense - Baylor #4, UConn #27

UConn has played a tougher schedule but their inconsistency this year makes it tough to pick a winner. If UConn plays up to their ability they win. So I'll make my prediction after the game.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
87-72 Huskies. I also predict that at some point in the game Kim will shed a garment or two..
I used to look forward to the garment shedding years ago but she's aged out of that. 2 minutes life expectancy.

Reaction Score
As far as I know the students are not back yet from the holiday recess. Gampel not the same without them so the site is probably the best choice. BTW I think UConn is still better and will win 68-62.

Reaction Score
Stay out of foul trouble UConn wins a close on .. CD needs to limit turnovers Nelson needs to be a monster on the board especially against Cox and the dark horse is CW if she can have a good game shooting I like UConn’s chances

Reaction Score
UConn should be able to score a lot more points against Baylor than Oka, did and Baylor should not be able to score as much against UConn than against Okla,

So, on that tenuous logic UConn 77-70.

the 3's for UConn will be really important-to counter the probable advantage of Baylor 2's under the basket.

Also, steals to reduce their offensive chances, and to give UConn opportunities to score 4=5 points in a row without a Baylor shot.

If UConn can get ahead, and get steals and 3's, Baylor will have to try a lot of 3's, which negates their height advantage

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom