Prognosticators Game 13 (Baylor) Predictions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 13 (Baylor) Predictions

Reaction Score
Baylor 76 UConn 69
Or tell Baylor game is being played in Gampel.

Reaction Score
Pretty straight forward on this one....Bears are godless killing machines.

Baylor wins 82-67.

MEYERS: Earth to Meyers; come back to us my good man.
(And happy new year to you and yours)

Reaction Score
Uconn 63 Baylor 63 at the end of regulation. Unfortunately UConn continues with bad luck in OT, losing 74 to 69.

Reaction Score
UConn 72- Baylor 68

Our sophomores are the key. Olivia needs to stay out of foul trouble and provide some resistance in the paint. Williams needs to score a lot. Her hitting outside shots will really open up the court.

Reaction Score
Baylor’s defense is something else, UConn will have a hard time scoring. I’m thinking 65-58 Baylor. But I’ll still be rooting for UConn

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Scoring offense - Baylor #1, UConn #14
Scoring defense - Baylor #4, UConn #27

UConn has played a tougher schedule but their inconsistency this year makes it tough to pick a winner. If UConn plays up to their ability they win. So I'll make my prediction after the game.

I'm not sure I endorse that first stat. Allow me to share an observation here. Of the 12 games they've played to date, 6 of those teams could be classified as "cupcakes". Here's their schedule. Baylor's OOC schedule includes basketball powerhouses like #312 New Hampshire (4-10), #308 Grambling State (2-11), #264 Arkansas State (4-9) and # 329 Houston Baptist (4-9), etc. Low to middle mid-major losers, that are nowhere near their equal in terms of talent, depth or experience. I used Massey as my source of reference for these numbers.

So of course they are going to put up excessive and mostly unchallenged numbers against those teams. Kim is known for consistently playing weak OOC preseason schedules. It hasn't hurt her program so far. She continues to get #1 seeds in the tournament. She also schedules most of these games to be played in Waco. The first 10 games (not including the tournament games played in the Virgin Islands) were ALL played at home at the Farrell Center. Baylor's first road game was Saturday @ Oklahoma, 2 months into the season.

So pardon me if I'm a bit skeptical of those factual numbers for the reasons stated. Their defense could be questioned for the same reason. No doubt if UConn played those programs, they too would have produced similar numbers.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I endorse that first stat. Allow me to share an observation here. Of the 12 games they've played to date, 6 of those teams could be classified as "cupcakes". Here's their schedule. Baylor's OOC schedule includes basketball powerhouses like #312 New Hampshire (4-10), #308 Grambling State (2-11), #264 Arkansas State (4-9) and # 329 Houston Baptist (4-9), etc. Low to middle mid-major losers, that are nowhere near their equal in terms of talent, depth or experience. I used Massey as my source of reference for these numbers.

So of course they are going to put up excessive and mostly unchallenged numbers against those teams. Kim is known for consistently playing weak OOC preseason schedules. It hasn't hurt her program so far. She continues to get #1 seeds in the tournament. She also schedules most of these games to be played in Waco. The first 10 games (not including the tournament games played in the Virgin Islands) were ALL played at home at the Farrell Center. Baylor's first road game was Saturday @ Oklahoma, 2 months into the season.

So pardon me if I'm a bit skeptical of those factual numbers for the reasons stated. Their defense could be questioned for the same reason. No doubt if UConn played those programs, they too would have produced similar numbers.
Lol Baylor has been one of the best defensive teams the last couple of years! Regardless of competition Baylor is still a damn good defensive team especially with DiDi Richards and Lauren cox. Juicy Landrum is also a good defender as well

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Lol Baylor has been one of the best defensive teams the last couple of years! Regardless of competition Baylor is still a damn good defensive team especially with DiDi Richards and Lauren cox. Juicy Landrum is also a good defender as well

Juicy and Didi are two of my favorites. How can you not like anyone named "Juicy"? :eek: I bumped into Didi during the NBA summer games in Las Vegas this past summer. :) We'll see how good both team's defense is. This will be a test for both teams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
People are seeming to forget the factor Tea Cooper can be in this game . I fondly remember her being the only SC player not being afraid to take it to the huskies last season . This will be a dandy of a game !!

Reaction Score
People are seeming to forget the factor Tea Cooper can be in this game . I fondly remember her being the only SC player not being afraid to take it to the huskies last season . This will be a dandy of a game !!
People forget that t’ea Cooper or Juicy Landrum can go off any time. It’s just they don’t have to because of our posts! People think that Juicy Landrum just shoots 3’s but she can drive with the best of them and t’ea can too! I think the x-factor for Baylor will be juicy and t’ea going off for Baylor

Reaction Score
People forget that t’ea Cooper or Juicy Landrum can go off any time. It’s just they don’t have to because of our posts! People think that Juicy Landrum just shoots 3’s but she can drive with the best of them and t’ea can too! I think the x-factor for Baylor will be juicy and t’ea going off for Baylor
Thursday can’t get here fast enough. A lot of people’s eyes will be WIDE OPEN after this one . Baylor should jump from 7 to 1 if they win .

Reaction Score
Thursday can’t get here fast enough. A lot of people’s eyes will be WIDE OPEN after this one . Baylor should jump from 7 to 1 if they win .
For sure! I just hate the fact that Oregon lost but dropped 2 spots but Baylor loses and drop 5 spots even though we lost without our best player but Oregon had all their players so what’s their excuse? but it’s all good, rankings don’t matter anyway until the post season

Reaction Score
For sure! I just hate the fact that Oregon lost but dropped 2 spots but Baylor loses and drop 5 spots even though we lost without our best player but Oregon had all their players so what’s their excuse? but it’s all good, rankings don’t matter anyway until the post season
I was being sarcastic but it would be great too see lol . Last year Geno chose to play off Chloe Jackson and let her shoot in order to pack it in down low. I wonder if that same game plan will be applied to Tea Cooper? She’s a better offensive player so it should be interesting.

Reaction Score
I was being sarcastic but it would be great too see lol . Last year Geno chose to play off Chloe Jackson and let her shoot in order to pack it in down low. I wonder if that same game plan will be applied to Tea Cooper? She’s a better offensive player so it should be interesting.
Well maybe but after the game that she had at Oklahoma I’m sure UConn will be guarding her

Reaction Score
No, I have seen Baylor and Oregon. If Baylor wins, Oregon is back on top. I don’t know if UConn is better than Baylor but I do know Oregon is. What I want is an UConn win, setting up forthcoming game with Oregon as a preview of FF

Reaction Score

What’s so funny. It’s a legitimate point to note that Baylor, year after year, schedules an embarrassingly weak OCC, even as the Big12 gets weaker. No excuse to schedule teams ranked 300+ only at home. Every. Damn. Year. Until Baylor starts to act like a top program it’s tough to give them credit for their “accomplishments.”

Reaction Score
Baylor is a really bad matchup for Uconn. With Cox healthy, this year's team was thought by many to be superior to last year's national championship team. Uconn will have a hard time finding easy baskets. Baylor has the defenders to negate Uconns offensive strengths. Di Di defending Walker would be the most obvious, but not the only, example of such.

The one advantage that Uconn has is that Cox has not been back in the line up for very long and the players still have to adjust their own games to her presence in the offense. Smith especially. And I seems plausible that Cox, herself, would still be shaking off some rust. It's not impossible for Uconn to pull out a win, but considering the matchup, it would be upset if the did.

Interesting that a 7th ranked team beating the #1 would be considered such. It sort of speaks to the strangeness of this season.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I'm a UConn fan so I can't go against my. team. I believe this will be a hard fought game. I expect Kim to do her antics on the slidelines and complain about the refs. Geno will have his share on complaints and make his presence known.

Not convinced Cox is 100% nor is Baylor's offense in that flow. Landrum or Cooper could go off for big numbers but I don't see it. Too much defense for them. Don't see Kim using more than maybe 7 players. I see this game as more important to Baylor than UConn.

UConn - guard play will be key. Christyn and Crystal have to control the tempo. No turnovers. Megan can and should be a headache for Baylor. Liv needs to play her game and stay out of foul trouble. The wildcard is Kyla. If Baylor doesn't take Kyla seriously, and that is a distinct possibility, she could do some serious damage. Off the bench. Anna and Aubrey could be problems. In fact, Aubrey could an outright nightmare for Baylor!

So, UConn 73 Baylor 70.

Reaction Score
I said UConn would lose 4 games this season (Baylor, Oregon, Someone they shouldn't and in the tournament). I haven't seen anything to change my mind, yet.

Baylor 71-67

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom