Princeton taking it to Rutgers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Princeton taking it to Rutgers

Reaction Score
I have to agree with Plebe, we (even now) are not at a point where we need to be afraid of Princeton! I have little doubt that we would win that game, though I must admit it would not be easy. They’ve had some head scratching losses but I think they(like us) will be a far more formidable team in late Feb.!

Who exactly are we?? Cuz if it isn’t the players then it doesn’t matter

Reaction Score
I like that she could be a possibility next year, but consider it more of a contingent need. If Paige returns as I hope and expect, I don't think we need to pursue her, but if she doesn't then I could see a definite interest and Paige might not decide until season's end when the portal activity picks up.
The opening of the Portal and decisions on the Covid year will happen simultaneously. If both Paige and Nika leave, as good as the two incoming Freshmen could be, a talented grad transfer would be welcome.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Has the NCAA wbb selection committee ever given more than one tournament bid to an Ivy League school? Hypothetically, if Princeton was upset in the Ivy League tournament could they still get an invite?
Princeton got an at-large bid in 2016.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I agree that UConn shouldn't be afraid of Princeton per se but it definitely would be a "priceed with caution" kind of game.
Also, some are using Princeton losing to URI as a barometer, but let it be known that URI only lost by 9 at NC St and the game was a lot closer than the final score would indicate.
I didn't mean to say Rhode Island is a bad team. They're no cupcake. Impressive they were able to give NC State a run for their money (something UConn couldn't do).

But URI also lost to Maine, Quinnipiac, Providence and St. John's. So the balance of the evidence suggests that they won't be an at-large team if they don't win the A-10 tournament.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Easy there, you're talking about the "Jewel" of the East Coast in Women's Basketball.
C Viv retired at the end of the 2021-22 season. Rutgers is in rebuilding mode

Reaction Score
Good players in any sport always want to play their game against the best, not against patsies. Coaches ( and fans) worry too much about the timing of who to play when, and, in some cases,, worry about losing to a Princeton team. Too bad.Tourney seedings, I guess.No way to avoid some of the Big East teams, but those games are boring, pose little challenge for the players and do little to help the team get better. Makes one miss the old Big East even more. Louisville, ND, Rutgers, Syracuse,Pitt,WVU so fortunate ( or more on the ball administration) to have gotten out. Certainly would have helped football become a bit competitive. Oh well...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
It's Rutgers.

Princeton lost to Rhode Island and just barely edged out Seton Hall and Villanova. Carla's doing great overall, but if we're afraid to play them, then UConn is truly in a bad place.
Hey! Keep Rhode Island out of this....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom