Prince Ali doing Prince Ali things again in EYBL | The Boneyard

Prince Ali doing Prince Ali things again in EYBL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From Scout:

Prince Ali, SG, Southern Stampede – Ali was an absolute beast all game long. He showed his ability to get into the lane, and then also was making shots from deep. Ali has good athleticism, a dynamic first step, and is a threat to score on every single possession he can give it to you every single way, and Ali managed to score early and often against Houston Hoops. The future Connecticut Huskie is a major offensive threat in every way, and his big showing proved that.

Reaction Score
From Scout:

Prince Ali, SG, Southern Stampede – Ali was an absolute beast all game long. He showed his ability to get into the lane, and then also was making shots from deep. Ali has good athleticism, a dynamic first step, and is a threat to score on every single possession he can give it to you every single way, and Ali managed to score early and often against Houston Hoops. The future Connecticut Huskie is a major offensive threat in every way, and his big showing proved that.

As a future Huskie, I am also glad he doesn't have a punkie attitude, because I want our players to cause jealousie and envie.

Reaction Score
With all the concern over Turtle, we should all be thrilled how Ali has shown in all these EYBL games

Reaction Score
@ebosshoops: UConn commit Prince Ali reminds me of a right handed Keith Langford. Powerful, aggressive to rim driver. #eybl

Reaction Score
@ebosshoops: UConn commit Prince Ali reminds me of a right handed Keith Langford. Powerful, aggressive to rim driver. #eybl

The more I watch him and see his jump shot improve the more I keep seeing Sean Kilpatrick. Langford was a very similar player, I like it. He's gonna be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
The more I watch him and see his jump shot improve the more I keep seeing Sean Kilpatrick. Langford was a very similar player, I like it. He's gonna be fun to watch.
But a lot more athletic than Kilpatrick.

Reaction Score
@D1Circuit: G Prince Ali (@Princesmoove23): 24 PTS, 6 REB, 3 AST for Southern Stampede vs Soldiers @Southstampede http://post original url/J3ENEjdVqq

Reaction Score
Prince's stats. Ave 21.7 PPG, third in EYBL,shooting 45% , 38% from three, and 79 % from FT line. Ave 2 boards and 2.2 assist. Also 3.6 TO's. His team record is 8-7. He has one more game today.

Reaction Score
Hate to say this, but Turtle was scoreless in only 9 minutes of action as his team lost, again, big.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
How much will prince move up in the rankings? Got to Make a big jump right?

Reaction Score
[quote="Huskyforlife, post: 974811, member: 3403 gotta jump right?[/quote]

Every kid in the top 100 can play. Where they are ranked is meaningless. He will be a great Husky regardless of where he is ranked.

Reaction Score
Hate to say this, but Turtle was scoreless in only 9 minutes of action as his team lost, again, big.

Turtle is not and does not look 100% from the few games I've seen on film this summer. And it doesn't help that his team in well below average

Reaction Score
Turtle is not and does not look 100% from the few games I've seen on film this summer. And it doesn't help that his team in well below average

Considering he won't be playing in a game for us for almost 18 months, I sure hope it's just a case of him still getting over an injury rather than just, you know, sucking.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Considering he won't be playing in a game for us for almost 18 months, I sure hope it's just a case of him still getting over an injury rather than just, you know, sucking.
Because, you know, KO just hands out scholarships to players who suck.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Because, you know, KO just hands out scholarships to players who suck.
You don't think this happens? How do you think we end up with guys like Trice, Smith, Dove, etc.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Which of those did Kevin recruit?
I know he didn't recruit any of them but every coach has their duds for the most part unless your getting all burger boys. Turtle just seems like a dud. He honestly didn't look too impressive from his film before his injury and his play of late isn't helping that view. Maybe he could be an okay role player but like others have pointed out we have a lot of talented guards with the potential to be special that we are after to be locked down with this one. Not saying KO should pull it though. We're just in a tough situation that we have to hope works out for the best.

Reaction Score
HuskyWarrior611 said:
You don't think this happens? How do you think we end up with guys like Trice, Smith, Dove, etc.

In order: spring signing, best available spring signing to fill a need (backup PG/shooter), and a reach on a big body when we needed to recruit 10 guys in one class. Not every recruiting scenario is the same. And if we refused to reach for guys in the spring once in a while, we wouldn't have Brimah, and we wouldn't have banner #4.

Jackson has been described as someone who can defend multiple positions at 6-5, and a guy like that can be valuable without even scoring much. We just had a fellow named Kromah who we wouldn't have gotten #4 without either, and his shooting was iffy, but he was the defensive answer we needed many a time. And if it's a simple shooting slump for Turtle coming back from injury or a mechanical flaw that can be fixed, all the better.

We mock Jeff Goodman for acting like he has a firm grasp of Daniel Hamilton off a couple random AAU games. We probably should take our own advice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01