Press Conference link | The Boneyard

Press Conference link

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
"He said some words and I fed right into it, Can't do that as a senior."

Muffet did acknowledge the CW was phenomenal. The difference in the game.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Well, Arike sure came right out and said Geno baited her/them. The ref was right there next to both Geno and Arike , and in general I highly doubt Geno makes a habit of initiating *any* kind of conversation with opposing players unless he’s getting some stuff thrown directly at him more than once, and even then he’s not going to step over the line. Really a strange turn of events with all that.

Reaction Score
Someone on a different thread said that a pundit they knew was courtside and reported that Geno was talking to the ref and Arike said something to Geno so he T'ed her up
I would hate to think Geno would behave that way. Certainly never heard this in the past. The video did look like he was talking to the ref, and Arike moved forward to engage. The ref didnot warn Geno in any way at that point.

Reaction Score
Is it strange that they didn’t post both teams press conferences? Usually one team gets up and leave and the other comes in without stopping the camera...

Reaction Score
I wonder what Geno said? Or if he really did say anything to any of the ND players? Or by "saying something to us" she meant they overheard Geno working the refs about them? Obviously big difference there, and I would certainly hope a 60-something year old man wouldn't be out there trash talking a bunch of teenagers and 20 year old kids.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
"We wanted to have the ball in Jackie's hands more because she makes good decisions and we needed more of that."

SEVERAL shots by MM at Arike.

Yep, and I think the reference to some 3s being hoisted early in the shot clock was also mostly about Arike. And Arike was solemnly nodding her head. She knows.

Reaction Score
Is it strange that they didn’t post both teams press conferences? Usually one team gets up and leave and the other comes in without stopping the camera...

It works that way for the NCAAs. I think things are more ad hoc for regular season games.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, Arike sure came right out and said Geno baited her/them. The ref was right there next to both Geno and Arike , and in general I highly doubt Geno makes a habit of initiating *any* kind of conversation with opposing players unless he’s getting some stuff thrown directly at him more than once, and even then he’s not going to step over the line. Really a strange turn of events with all that.

Geno very actively coaching this year and I suspect what he was yelling to our girls got under Irish players skin as they went down, embarassed at their home court with a big crowd. On the Bench one person reported that Geno was talking to a ref when Arike threw her lip at him. Thankfully Muffet didn't do a C Viv in the presser. Yes, she praised CW but generally gave no credit to CT's game, just said the defense and offense of ND was bad, which I thought was BS. Sounded like Holly - game plan was go inside and Turner only got 7 looks. Whose fault was that.

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Do some of you really believe Geno would bait a player? There was a clear clip of Geno talking to the ref with Arike standing next to the ref. The ref was looking at Geno. Then the ref looked at Arike and T'ed her up.

As to Muffet, we've seen this act before. Her refusal to applaud for Stewie when Stewie was named NPOY. She felt her player deserved it. UConn is a bitter pill for her to swallow. I'll say it - Muffet lacks class.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yep, and I think the reference to some 3s being hoisted early in the shot clock was also mostly about Arike. And Arike was solemnly nodding her head. She knows.
The shot at transition defense was also a direct shot at Arike. On the CW leak out for layups Arike was the last ND player to cross half court most of those times.

Reaction Score

I guess the reason the Huskies won was because ND was "bad" and UConn happened to be there at the time. Must admit I have never taken to Muffet because she seems ungracious in defeat. However, in fairness, she's just fine in victory. Truth is that the Huskies were the better team, showed more discipline and character, and we have Christyn Williams--and they don't. Bite that.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Do some of you really believe Geno would bait a player? There was a clear clip of Geno talking to the ref with Arike standing next to the ref. The ref was looking at Geno. Then the ref looked at Arike and T'ed her up.
As to Muffet, we've seen this act before. Her refusal to applaud for Stewie when Stewie was named NPOY. She felt her player deserved it. UConn is a bitter pill for her to swallow. I'll say it - Muffet lacks class.
Well... with this player don't forget that there is recruiting bad history which caused Geno's twitter account to be taken away. Allegedly!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom