Press Conference link | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Press Conference link

Reaction Score
Arike hip-checked,(almost submarined) Williams when she was in the air going to the basket, she blind-sided Dangerfield at half court, then took another whack at Crystal just before the T. And you don't think Geno might have said something to her? Wouldn't have blamed him one bit if he had. She was trying to hurt people out there.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
However, in fairness, she's just fine in victory

Anyone can be fine in victory; class is not measured when everything is going swimmingly. In fairness a few years ago when Stef and Co. took them apart in the Natie Muffet acknowledged UConn's superiority, but she's always been up and down in this way.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Do some of you really believe Geno would bait a player? There was a clear clip of Geno talking to the ref with Arike standing next to the ref. The ref was looking at Geno. Then the ref looked at Arike and T'ed her up.

As to Muffet, we've seen this act before. Her refusal to applaud for Stewie when Stewie was named NPOY. She felt her player deserved it. UConn is a bitter pill for her to swallow. I'll say it - Muffet lacks class.
Muffet is and has been a sore loser. As are her players. Poor sports who cannot credit the winners, and cast aspersions at our coach.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting!! The video tape do not show Coach Geno Auriemma talking to Arike. Coach Auriemma was talking to the referee. Arike was very disrespectful. She really started trying to hurt Christyn and Crystal. The NCAA need to look at the video, and suspend her 2 games. Muffet McGraw always throw players under the bus when they lose. Had Notre Dame won, Arike would have been her best player.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
From the top, Muffet stated her transition defense was poor (it was), her half court defense was poor (definitely in the second half it was) her execution was poor on offense (which she stated her plan was to get the ball inside and they only had 7 touches) and we would all agree with that. She then said her team lost their composure, (yes they did) and that was surprising (this might be where I start to disagree, I wasn’t surprised) and then she said they are a better team than they showed (I also agree with that) AND then she said she thought CW was PHENOMENAL AND WAS THE DIFFERENCE IN THE GAME (she was!)

The second line of answers talked about her team having to learn and That they can grow from this (which they can-Geno always said you learn more from losses).

Further on she said she wants to see more intensity, which Kara Lawson pointed out about going hard after balls and MM also said she wanted more poise, also very true.

Now for the Arike comments, from the game video I taped, Geno did say “some things” but initially to the Ref, however Arike is viewing those comments as AT HER (she was wrong) so when she said something and got the T. Now from the video tape, Geno did say something to her, so her sequencing is incorrect. And remember, the reporter “led her” in that question so cut her some slack on that. The dirty plays are something else that should be reviewed by ND (Reminded me a bit of Grayson Allen)

MM also said this game every year is a learning experience. Her comments about shooting the 3 too quick in the second when the plan was to go inside got them off thei game plan. She ended by complimenting CW were highly.

So here’s my comments to my fellow BYers- MM was matter of fact exactly like GENO is after a loss, while Geno will give Kudos to the other team, MM will always be reluctant to do that for her own mental edge (hence calling UConn “the team” and not using our name). She DID NOT throw her players under the bus. I get the history and far too many people here extremely dislike her, however she is a GREAT coach (yes, our nemesis) and she takes losses personally, which is what motivates her and her team. This team is still one of the 2 best in WCBB, and she knows that as we all do. So please be more rational in your criticism of this video.

Reaction Score
In other words...If their defense was better and their offense was better, they would have beaten UCONN by 30 points. UCONN had nothing to do with them being guarded well and forcing bad shots and making their own shots. I get it UCONN deserves no credit in this win.

Reaction Score
I have no bias to either UCONN or ND, and after watching this it is clear to me that MM was disappointed in her seniors (particularly Arike). Arike on the other hand, is not someone I would want playing on my team....after seeing her on court behavior vs OSU, and what she did in the UCONN game, she should have been tossed in both games.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I wonder what Geno said? Or if he really did say anything to any of the ND players? Or by "saying something to us" she meant they overheard Geno working the refs about them? Obviously big difference there, and I would certainly hope a 60-something year old man wouldn't be out there trash talking a bunch of teenagers and 20 year old kids.
hahahahaha it happens on message boards everyday in America lol

Reaction Score
From the top, Muffet stated her transition defense was poor (it was), her half court defense was poor (definitely in the second half it was) her execution was poor on offense (which she stated her plan was to get the ball inside and they only had 7 touches) and we would all agree with that. She then said her team lost their composure, (yes they did) and that was surprising (this might be where I start to disagree, I wasn’t surprised) and then she said they are a better team than they showed (I also agree with that) AND then she said she thought CW was PHENOMENAL AND WAS THE DIFFERENCE IN THE GAME (she was!)

The second line of answers talked about her team having to learn and That they can grow from this (which they can-Geno always said you learn more from losses).

Further on she said she wants to see more intensity, which Kara Lawson pointed out about going hard after balls and MM also said she wanted more poise, also very true.

Now for the Arike comments, from the game video I taped, Geno did say “some things” but initially to the Ref, however Arike is viewing those comments as AT HER (she was wrong) so when she said something and got the T. Now from the video tape, Geno did say something to her, so her sequencing is incorrect. And remember, the reporter “led her” in that question so cut her some slack on that. The dirty plays are something else that should be reviewed by ND (Reminded me a bit of Grayson Allen)

MM also said this game every year is a learning experience. Her comments about shooting the 3 too quick in the second when the plan was to go inside got them off thei game plan. She ended by complimenting CW were highly.

So here’s my comments to my fellow BYers- MM was matter of fact exactly like GENO is after a loss, while Geno will give Kudos to the other team, MM will always be reluctant to do that for her own mental edge (hence calling UConn “the team” and not using our name). She DID NOT throw her players under the bus. I get the history and far too many people here extremely dislike her, however she is a GREAT coach (yes, our nemesis) and she takes losses personally, which is what motivates her and her team. This team is still one of the 2 best in WCBB, and she knows that as we all do. So please be more rational in your criticism of this video.
I have no bias to either UCONN or ND, and after watching this it is clear to me that MM was disappointed in her seniors (particularly Arike). Arike on the other hand, is not someone I would want playing on my team....after seeing her on court behavior vs OSU, and what she did in the UCONN game, she should have been tossed in both games.

Muffet refuses to believe her players never do anything wrong. I recall a time when Nd defeated UConn and one of her players opened our locker room door and yelled “it must suck to be you”. Muffet and the ND fans refused to believe that ever happened. Implying that Geno or his team was lying. I really, really do not care for Muffet and a lot of her spoiled, entitled players. I love them when they complain about the refs calls. Turnabout is fair play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom