Premier League 22-23 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Premier League 22-23

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You are a couple years off. This is a match between National League Wrexam and League Championship Sheffield. Still a big difference between second place (with 2 games in hand) in the National League and second place (and 10 points clear of 3rd) in League Championship.

Love watching Paul Mullin in the show. That guy is a beast. Haven't finished the season because I only watch with my son. Although I know how it must end considering their position this year.
It was today was it not? It's not from the FA cup match that appeared in the show. Mullin was a beast in this one again. I sure hope they can get promoted, he deserves to play in League 2. Currently they are 2nd in the National League, but have two games in hand. When I checked it wasn't clear where Sheffield was, they got promoted and then relegated back it seems.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It was today was it not? It's not from the FA cup match that appeared in the show. Mullin was a beast in this one again. I sure hope they can get promoted, he deserves to play in League 2. Currently they are 2nd in the National League, but have two games in hand. When I checked it wasn't clear where Sheffield was, they got promoted and then relegated back it seems.
While the FA Cup run was wonderful, it is over. Now the entire focus of the next four months is promotion to League Two. Nothing else matters. Unfortunately, automatic promotion is reserved for top-of-the-table only, so win the league. Finishing second, even with a 15-20 point differential over #s 3-7, leaves the upset in play. Grab the title, and advance to the next level sans playoffs.

Reaction Score
That was today’s game. I was referring to knowing that they didn’t get promoted last year. I haven’t watched beyond the FA Trophy last year. I think they were in 2nd. So clearly they didn’t win the league or the playoff some they are still in National.

Great game today. I watched a bit. Closer than the final.

Reaction Score
Jesse Marsch popping up at Southampton? Wow they play at Leeds in 2 games

This past transfer window makes me enjoy the PL a little less. The $ is throwing the ecosystem out of whack. It was more fun when more teams in Europe could keep their stars and teams intact

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
More proof Americans don't do soccer well - Chelsea. They are paying Thomas Tuchel and Graham Potter yet Frank Lampard is heading the squad.

Reaction Score
Heading to London this weekend (birthday present from my kids) to catch the West Ham - Arsenal match. Hope they win for me. :D

Awesome, that’s some present! Have fun and of course COYG!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Awesome, that’s some present! Have fun and of course COYG!!
Started off GREAT! But then......Ugghhhh.

Still had a great weekend. Got to tour Emirates.
Great start hope your sitting w the away fans lol
Actually we sat with home fans. Had to be quiet. Away Arsenal fans were just a couple sections away though, so got to hear them sing.....at least for awhile.

(Away tickets were hardly available. My son found some, but at about £900 each. Kids said, we can get you in the stadium, but that's about it. Heck, they flew me over and paid for the hotel, so good enough. )

Reaction Score
Well, Wolves are officially safe. They spent a lot of money to be mathematically safe. Neves probably gone in the summer and we'll see if this team can get someone to put the ball in the back of the net.

Excited to see how the European spots will shake out over the next few weeks, but I'm really excited to watch the Championship playoffs to see who will join Sheffield and Burnley in the top flight! First legs this weekend. Will it be Sunderland, Luton Town, Coventry or Middlesborough?

Reaction Score
Well, Wolves are officially safe. They spent a lot of money to be mathematically safe. Neves probably gone in the summer and we'll see if this team can get someone to put the ball in the back of the net.

Excited to see how the European spots will shake out over the next few weeks, but I'm really excited to watch the Championship playoffs to see who will join Sheffield and Burnley in the top flight! First legs this weekend. Will it be Sunderland, Luton Town, Coventry or Middlesborough?
Would be cool to see the comeback story of Sunderland, from a staple in the prem to league 1 and back. Luton would be really cool too though.

Reaction Score
75B029C3-330B-43B9-80F2-956B270B8C66.jpeg

This weekends games top row .. Leeds kicking off right now

Reaction Score
So what's the consensus on the fate of the Americans at Leeds when(if?) they get relegated?

I know McKennie is just on loan, so does he go back and play for Juventus, get loaned out to another team, or sold outright? How appealing is he to other teams at this point?

It seems that Adams might be a valuable asset, so does Leeds sell him or hold on to him? Does Adams try to leave or does he choose to stay? Does he attract a large number of suitors if he want to leave?

What about Aaronson? Consensus is that he really needs to bulk up/toughen up/something, since the physicality of the Premier League seems to ill-suit him. His end product is also severely lacking; just a lot of frenetic activity with no tangible result. Would he be better suited to try and adapt his body/game for England, or go to another league that better suits him?

Reaction Score
So what's the consensus on the fate of the Americans at Leeds when(if?) they get relegated?

I know McKennie is just on loan, so does he go back and play for Juventus, get loaned out to another team, or sold outright? How appealing is he to other teams at this point?

It seems that Adams might be a valuable asset, so does Leeds sell him or hold on to him? Does Adams try to leave or does he choose to stay? Does he attract a large number of suitors if he want to leave?

What about Aaronson? Consensus is that he really needs to bulk up/toughen up/something, since the physicality of the Premier League seems to ill-suit him. His end product is also severely lacking; just a lot of frenetic activity with no tangible result. Would he be better suited to try and adapt his body/game for England, or go to another league that better suits him?
Adams has been a bright spot, there’s been rumors linking him to Man U, Arsenal, etc. Not sure how true and updated because of his injury, but he would leave if they were to be relegated.

Mckennie would probably get sold by Juventus to a mid table prem team i’d imagine, he’s been one of the better players for Leeds since he’s got there.

Aaronson has had a very poor season. He’s not up to prem level at the moment in my opinion. Maybe he stays or maybe a low to mid table team takes a chance because he is young.

Reaction Score
You know in your head that Manchester City is better than Arsenal, but the way Arsenal has played down the stretch clearly overshadows the way they built the league lead in the first place; you hate to use the word choke for a team that outperformed preseason expectations, but it really does look like a choke job given how they've finished.

As for Tottenham-holy crap, Chelsea's disaster of a season has clearly drawn attention away from another trainwreck of a season in London, but in any other year they'd be getting crucified.

Reaction Score
Aaronson has had a very poor season. He’s not up to prem level at the moment in my opinion. Maybe he stays or maybe a low to mid table team takes a chance because he is young.

I have read that Brendan is highly respected at his club. He is a diligent worker who is often the last off the pitch at practice. He is also considered a strong positive voice in the locker room. Of course, we all know about his work rate. He has struggled and some think he is pressing. That the problem is more mental than physical. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If the lights come on for BA, he could be quite valuable.

Reaction Score
I have read that Brendan is highly respected at his club. He is a diligent worker who is often the last off the pitch at practice. He is also considered a strong positive voice in the locker room. Of course, we all know about his work rate. He has struggled and some think he is pressing. That the problem is more mental than physical. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If the lights come on for BA, he could be quite valuable.
The Championship may be the best place for him next year. I have always been a "root for the team with the most Americans on it" kind of guy, but now I am rooting for Leeds to be relegated. They deserve it. But so does Everton. And Leicester. Too bad all three can't go down with Southampton.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to all Man City fans! It's a crazy achievement, it's a shame for Arsenal, but there are no winners without losers...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom