Predictions for Depaul | The Boneyard

Predictions for Depaul

Reaction Score
Thinking Bouk will sit again tonight. With that and being on the road I think it will be a little tighter this time around. Uconn 68 Depaul 63

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Going for the trifecta on the road.

Thinking somwhere around 70-56.

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
I don't do total score, because I suck at that. I like to do differentials, because I like to believe I don't suck at that. UConn by 14. More importantly, I think we get control of the game early, stiffle them on D the entire game, and, like last game, maintain control through the final whistle. Man o Man, how long has it been since we've had a team do that? 2014, but only after St. Joes.

Bouk plays if and only if there is zero risk of aggravating the injury. The assessment will not be pain or discomfort. He's too much of a baller to sit for such trivialness. But if there is any chance of aggravation, Hurley will sit him and not RGIII him.

Reaction Score
They will need to play better than they did against Butler this is a much more capable offensive unit. Our defense will need to be more 2nd half vs Butler for sure and if our guards perform like they did in the first half the other day we will be down a lot at halftime.

Tough one for this team without Bouk is all I have for a prediction.

Reaction Score
I also see a tough game. Tyler P isn't going to remain red hot forever, and when he's off from the 3 point line he doesn't give us a lot (as Saturday's game showed with 0 rebounds, assists, blocks, steals and 2 point FGs). Martin and Cole will have to score, and everyone else will have to be contributing.

We beat DePaul easily at home, with Bouk and when they were coming off a long layoff. I don't expect this to be easy and overconfidence could easily be a factor.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
The announcers will:
-talk about our return to the Big East and how we are back home
-list our accomplishments and talk about how we were the class of the Big East
-name a long list of past UConn players including but not limited to: Ray, Mek, RIP, Kemba
And I will enjoy every second of it.

71-60 for the good guys

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think DePaul will be completely surprised by Hurley moving Carlton to the point. Josh leads the team in assists in a blow out and gets NBA scouts thinking about him.

Or something like that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Think being ranked again puts pressure on them to perform, it's a close one, but the Huskies prevail.

66 - 61

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It will be much tougher than our last game against them. I think we’ll be up by 6-8 most of the second half and win by 12 on FTs.
UConn 73
DePaul 61

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I predict I will not watch this game live. I rarely do, but it is a virtual lock given the 6:00 start. Sometimes I feel cheated, because as a superstitious sports fan, nothing can be be done in real time to change the fortunes of the team. C'est la vie.

On the court, I think UConn will continue dominating on the glass and I think they work on pounding the paint. I hope either Gaffney or Cole can lend some sort of offensive threat and that Springs can see some minutes, but I'm not comfortable with any such prediction.

UConn 75-Depaul 63, but it's not as close as the score.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Bouk sits, tyler polley comes down to earth, but Tyrese Martin and Cole lead the way. good guys by 10

Reaction Score
This is a typical trap game. The team is feeling pretty good about themselves. We've already beaten them We've been away from home for a few days and no Bouk. I'm nervous but unless we go ice cold we should be heading back to Storrs with our 7th win

Reaction Score
In the first DePaul game, Devils stunk from the arc going 4-17. They are bound to improve on that.

No Bouk 20 points. Martin had 22. Carlton had 11. We should decline from those numbers significantly.

Whaley was plagued by fouls and had an awful game. He had 2 points, 4 rebounds, 3 TOs in 15 minutes. He is very likely to improve on that. Polley had 5 points. He should improve as well. Gaff had 3. Sanoga had 2. Need more from them. Akok DNP.

Reaction Score
I really hope that this ranking crap isn't on the players minds like it is our fans. Who cares, but if they feel too confident I hate this game without Bouk, heck maybe even with him for that matter. They need to play like they did in the 2nd half against Butler in order to get a W or 6-2 is looking them all straight in the eyes. Butler turned it over like mad and can't score this is a much better team and or defense needs to be really good. Imagine no Bouk and Polley going 1-9 from 3? Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but the confidence here amazes me. Come out with passion from the opening tip please and hope the guards hold their own. Need Whaley for 30 minutes or more, will need the bigs to get all be good and Martin to make a couple put backs, maybe even ball fake someone. I think this is a huge game because they need to win those games, I hope the kids understand because I have my concerns about a couple.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom