• CT by 0-10 (in regulation)

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • CT by 10+ (in regulation)

Votes: 15 11.7%

• Total voters

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
am watching all 3 games. Make your picks.

Mississippi State vs Texas (2:00 PM EST), My pick is shocker......... Mississippi State.

UConn vs Notre Dame (4:00 PM EST), UConn is my pick. I know Notre Dame currently has more "star players," but we'll see if they'll persist playing like they did in March.

Baylor vs South Carolina (7:00 PM EST), Baylor just based on how both teams have done thus far.

Reaction Score
I will add few more games on same day.

Miss St @ Texas
UConn @ ND
Tenn @ Ok St
Stanford @ Gonzaga
Missouri @ West Virginia
Baylor
@ South Carolina

Going with all home teams except South Carolina

Reaction Score
Uconn beats Notre Dame - by two points
Texas beats Mississippi State
Baylor beats South Carolina

Reaction Score
Y'all do know Texas could be missing Higgs. She went down with a knee injury and she was the leading scorer I believe.

However, they played well without her.

Reaction Score
am watching all 3 games. Make your picks.

Mississippi State vs Texas (2:00 PM EST), My pick is shocker.... Mississippi State.

UConn vs Notre Dame (4:00 PM EST), UConn is my pick. I know Notre Dame currently has more "star players," but we'll see if they'll persist playing like they did in March.

Baylor vs South Carolina (7:00 PM EST), Baylor just based on how both teams have done thus far.

Based upon past games this year, MSST handily win at Texas, ND bears UCONN in close game, and SC wins in close one. Hope I am wrong with both UCONN AND Baylor.

Reaction Score
I would be shocked if Texas beat Mississippi State. Mississippi State has two solid three point threats (40% and 53%) and a much better inside game. Holmes isn’t a huge scoring threat, but protects the ball and defends. If Holmes, Prince, and Higgs were all suiting up, different story.

I also think it should be an easy win for Baylor, but both teams are coming off ugly games to mid-majors. A really close game for Baylor for SDSU and a loss to Drake for South Carolina. Baylor’s interior game will propel them to the W.

UConn Notre Dame is the biggest tossup IMO. Both teams have proven to be beatable this season. There are a lot of matchups I like in this game. Walker and Young, if that happens, will be fun. Lou and Mabrey was also always a good matchup, but doesn’t seem likely this year. I am interested to see what Turner and Shepard can do to UConn without a true center. Does Geno use ONO if ND dominates the paint?

Reaction Score
Miss St @ Texas*
UConn @ ND
Tenn
@ Ok St
Stanford @ Gonzaga
Missouri @ West Virginia
Baylor
@ South Carolina

*I will enter the Erwin center in Austin with hope of a competitive game at least. I think Texas learned a lot over the weekend and they generally play stronger at home . There will be some interesting match-ups. In my best case scenario, Holmes plays Wednesday morning against UTSA and is ready to give a few quality minutes next Sunday. I think it is more likely that we see Holmes play the following weekend against Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Are UConn fans a little worried that Walker and Williams haven't played a game against a ranked opponent yet? They had a close game against St. John's, but other than the the teams haven't been all that impressive

The big 3 will be ready for sure. How do you guys think UConn would have faired against Oregon St last Sunday?

I think ND has the edge because they have played a harder schedule so far, and they got Mabrey back. I think UConn should use Walker and try to attack the feet of Shepard or Turner. UConn's lineup is faster, but smaller. It kind of reminds of the UConn vs South Carolina matchup for the 100 straight win. Except ND has guards that can actually score outside shots.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State
Notre Dame
Baylor

Mississippi State has McCowan and Schaefer as a coach. Texas doesn’t.

ND is at home and UCONN is still finding its way. The paint matchup is going to be fun. Shepard and Turner will have a hard time guarding the speed of Walker and Collier and on the flip side, Shepard and Turner will kill us on the boards. ND’s guards are more experiences than ours....so I think ND is a heavy favorite.

Baylor is huge. South Carolina’s guards aren’t better than Baylor’s posts. Baylor wins by 20+

Reaction Score
SDSU and Arizona State didn’t have a whole lotta height either, but Baylor struggled mightily with both of them.

Who will guard who in the UConn ND game? The good thing for UConn is they can stretch the floor, all hit the 3, and pull Shepard out, then blow by her.

Reaction Score
ND, Uconn --- pick 'em. Very close game.
Baylor over SC easily.
Texas is a big underdog, with three huge injuries --- Higgs is the biggest loss. Holmes and Prince won't be there to compete with McCowan and Howard.

Reaction Score
SDSU and Arizona State didn’t have a whole lotta height either, but Baylor struggled mightily with both of them.

Who will guard who in the UConn ND game? The good thing for UConn is they can stretch the floor, all hit the 3, and pull Shepard out, then blow by her.

The matchup will consist of both teams playing a lot of zone, IMO. ND always plays zone against us and we can't guard them in the post.

In the even of man to man:

UCONN

Danger on Arike
Williams on Young
Lou on Mabrey
Walker on Turner
Collier on Shepard

ND
Arike on CW
Young on CD
Mabrey on Lou
Shepard on Meghan
Turner on Collier

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Are UConn fans a little worried that Walker and Williams haven't played a game against a ranked opponent yet? They had a close game against St. John's, but other than the the teams haven't been all that impressive

The big 3 will be ready for sure. How do you guys think UConn would have faired against Oregon St last Sunday?

I think ND has the edge because they have played a harder schedule so far, and they got Mabrey back. I think UConn should use Walker and try to attack the feet of Shepard or Turner. UConn's lineup is faster, but smaller. It kind of reminds of the UConn vs South Carolina matchup for the 100 straight win. Except ND has guards that can actually score outside shots.

There is a big difference between ranked (top20) and the real top teams (ND, Miss ST and (maybe) Baylor)

I would imagine that the game plan against UConn would be to dominate the post and work on dribble penetration to get us in foul trouble and CW and MW (being young players) are very susceptable to fouls so I am very concerned about the matchups. When ONO comes in, she will also most likely get into foul trouble. If we go to zone to much, we will be slaughtered off the boards. I just hope we are competative and our young players have good games. By the time, we get to Baylor, I think we will have grown enough to go after them and win but Dec 2 is too soon for our young players against the #1 team in their home gym imho.

Regarding OSU, I think of them as a jump shooting team and not that physical and from what I hear from the BY, their post situation is not that good yet so I would not be overly concerned by that matchup.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
ND, Uconn --- pick 'em. Very close game.
Baylor over SC easily.
Texas is a big underdog, with three huge injuries --- Higgs is the biggest loss. Holmes and Prince won't be there to compete with McCowan and Howard.
What is Charli's situation these days?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I expect Mississippi State to demolish Texas.

Baylor over South Carolina although it’s at South Carolina so that will soften the blow. If it’s a close game I’m going with Dawn and the home team in a redemption game.

Notre Dame should take care of UConn at home. I think it will be a measuring stick for the Huskies and it will give them an idea of where they need to go offensively and defensively.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom