• CT in OT

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • CT by 0-10 (in regulation)

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • CT by 10+ (in regulation)

Votes: 15 11.7%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Looking at the statistics so far this year, one clear advantage UConn has is 3-pointers:

in the number of shots attempted and completed and, even more significantly, in the number of good three point shooters.

O has attempted the most and missed the most. Young, in their last game put in a few.

It could be that they have not needed threes. but, confident three point shooters usually have the green light to shot them.

Lou, CW, and Crystal are much superior to any of them. as is Walker and even Pheesa and Kyla when they are open.

I don't think ND has faced a team that can make threes as does UConn. They are going to have to guard all the starters on the perimeter, which will open up the court for all the perpetrators UConn has- which is all five starters, and a bench player or two (another advantage for UConn)

If UConn shoots threes well (particularly regarding Chriystn because ND will be focusing on "the big three") and ND can't clog inside the arc. then ND will lose.

Second prediction, Christyn will be the star of the game, and the legend begins. (Muffet put on suicide watch)

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
UConn wins by three points. Megan Walker has an exceptional game.

FYI, Masseyratings has this as UConn 79 Notre Dame 77. Just sayin'...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think ND will, unfortunately, win by 10-15 points. A close UConn loss will be a moral victory at this point, and, of course, that's no victory at all. At least it would let the UConn players see the level they have to reach. If UConn wins, it may set them up for a loss later, in the tournament, so maybe a loss now is not a bad thing.

Reaction Score
I think ND will, unfortunately, win by 10-15 points. A close UConn loss will be a moral victory at this point, and, of course, that's no victory at all. At least it would let the UConn players see the level they have to reach. If UConn wins, it may set them up for a loss later, in the tournament, so maybe a loss now is not a bad thing.

Regretfully, I agree about the outcome but remain optimistic about the learning opportunity and benefit from the experience.
ND has advantages concerning depth and height. I think they will profit from a rebounding advantage and the ability to absorb fouls. UCONN fouls in South Bend happen pretty easily. They could quickly derail an otherwise good Husky effort.

Reaction Score
When is the last time UConn lost a game by 10-15 points (or more than 2 points in OT, for that matter)? Really? I think UConn will win this game. If UConn gets hot from outside, what is ND's answer?

Reaction Score
Are UConn fans a little worried that Walker and Williams haven't played a game against a ranked opponent yet? They had a close game against St. John's, but other than the the teams haven't been all that impressive

The big 3 will be ready for sure. How do you guys think UConn would have faired against Oregon St last Sunday?

I think ND has the edge because they have played a harder schedule so far, and they got Mabrey back. I think UConn should use Walker and try to attack the feet of Shepard or Turner. UConn's lineup is faster, but smaller. It kind of reminds of the UConn vs South Carolina matchup for the 100 straight win. Except ND has guards that can actually score outside shots.
UConn plays Depaul tomorrow. There is your ranked opponent

Reaction Score
UConn will keep the game close with ND, but ultimately lose by no more then 10 points. Which will then fuel Williams and Walker for the rest of the season

Reaction Score
IMHO -Miss St just seems mentally tougher than Texas over the last few years. Miss St wins by 8 to 10. If Baylor can't deal with South Carolina then Baylor is not an elite 8 team. SC does not look good. I have seen a few games and there are problems on both ends of the floor. Can they get better? Sure. Losing to Drake proves the current problems. ND has the big edge for this game. IF (a big if) the refs give the calls to ND when they penetrate, then it is an easy ND win. If the refs let ND be aggressive on D with Uconn (without the foul calls) then ND wins going away. If UConn is not hitting their outside shots then it will be a plus 10 loss. We will know in the first 5 minutes. Just my humble opinion.
Fair game from refs and UConn plays their normal competitive game--then its a squeaker.

Reaction Score
I say Notre Dame will win, however part of me thinks UConn can win. I am really split. Based on how well Oregon State played them. I don't see why UConn couldn't. As much as everyone hates to lose, it will be a good loss and a good one to learn from.

Miss State wins especially since Texas is missing Holmes, Prince, and Higgs.

SC home crowd plays a part, but I think Baylor wins by 10 or more. However, they have struggled at more guard heavy line ups so we shall see. They just aren't the Baylor team we are used to seeing and that has to do with the high turn overs due to lack of PG. They should win and better win.

Reaction Score
IMHO -Miss St just seems mentally tougher than Texas over the last few years. Miss St wins by 8 to 10. If Baylor can't deal with South Carolina then Baylor is not an elite 8 team. SC does not look good. I have seen a few games and there are problems on both ends of the floor. Can they get better? Sure. Losing to Drake proves the current problems. ND has the big edge for this game. IF (a big if) the refs give the calls to ND when they penetrate, then it is an easy ND win. If the refs let ND be aggressive on D with Uconn (without the foul calls) then ND wins going away. If UConn is not hitting their outside shots then it will be a plus 10 loss. We will know in the first 5 minutes. Just my humble opinion.
Fair game from refs and UConn plays their normal competitive game--then its a squeaker.
Good analysis. If the game is called fairly both ways it definitely comes down to UConn's outside shooting. If they choose to, ND is the first and most physically able team to negate Collier inside on offense. If they do, UConn becomes a perimeter team and lives and dies by their 3's because they're getting very little in transition against weaker teams, certainly won't against ND. IMO, this is a check 'em out game for UConn to try and figure out a way to beat ND in the tournament if they meet. Who knows, they might shoot 50% on 3's and pull it off.

Reaction Score
I don't think the Mississippi State Texas game will be close. At least a 15 point MOV. Baylor should be able to handle South Carolina, but both teams have underwhelmed. Still, I think Baylor wins be around 20.

UConn and Notre Dame. How will MW and CW handle the emotions of this game? Unfortunately, I think Notre Dame is the more experienced team and they will push the issue in the lane resulting in foul trouble for the Huskies. With Mabrey back they will also be able to hit enough from the perimeter to stretch out the zone making help defense in the zone more difficult. Double digit loss for the Huskies. Hope I'm wrong.

With the team Notre Dame is putting on the floor this year, I think anything less that a NC will be looked upon as an under achieving season and ND fans can go through the angst and misery that Husky fans have wallowed in the last two years. ;)

Reaction Score
If UConn beats ND we are going to have to run the floor and shoot the lights out. I think our biggest problem will be can we rebound and get any fast breaks? I am hoping Christmas comes early this year! Mississippi St. should beat Texas and Baylor will beat South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Texas has not impressed, so Miss St wins their first test of the season. Really disappointed that Vic hasn't cranked up the schedule a notch.

Baylor has not looked at dominating as expected, but it's early and they are breaking in a new PG. South Carolina's struggles continue, but they will certainly be the best 4-loss team in the country at that point. I feel for South Carolina. Besides the Maryland loss, they were in each game, and their schedule was difficult.

Notre Dame beats UConn. The Irish are more experienced, and this UConn team needs some time to jell. Geno always has them ready, but I think there are too many factors that favor the Irish (experience, home court, tougher early schedule). If Mabrey and Shepard are not slowed by injuries, ND wins the early, less consequential game. But if they meet in the NCAA's, it will be in the FF or NC and who knows what happens then.
Agree. I get the Texas sports channels here in Dallas area and Longhorns have talent but the on court leadership lacking so far this year. Baylor has makings of Top 5 team but similarly have not demonstrated they can exert their will on Top 10 level teams. While I would normally expect a lot of creativity from Geno, predict he will "keep his power dry" for potential NCAA match up with ND. Vanilla UConn offense and defense still good for close game but ND at home with experience tough to beat (for now).

Reaction Score
ND will not beat UCONN! Y’all kill me with this low energy. The way ND has been playing I would say they’re overrated and don’t care what y’all have to say about it. You’re worried about rebounding...so what! If the shots are made there’s no such thing as a rebound!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I don't think the Mississippi State Texas game will be close. At least a 15 point MOV. Baylor should be able to handle South Carolina, but both teams have underwhelmed. Still, I think Baylor wins be around 20.

UConn and Notre Dame. How will MW and CW handle the emotions of this game? Unfortunately, I think Notre Dame is the more experienced team and they will push the issue in the lane resulting in foul trouble for the Huskies. With Mabrey back they will also be able to hit enough from the perimeter to stretch out the zone making help defense in the zone more difficult. Double digit loss for the Huskies. Hope I'm wrong.

With the team Notre Dame is putting on the floor this year, I think anything less that a NC will be looked upon as an under achieving season and ND fans can go through the angst and misery that Husky fans have wallowed in the last two years. ;)
Ah , the sweet bliss of Schadenfreude! :p

Reaction Score
ND will not beat UCONN! Y’all kill me with this low energy. The way ND has been playing I would say they’re overrated and don’t care what y’all have to say about it. You’re worried about rebounding...so what! If the shots are made there’s no such thing as a rebound!
ND has played some pretty decent teams so far. I think their 15-20 point wins over ranked teams are more impressive than 30-40 point wins over nobodies

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
What happens if shots are not made? It does not matter whether or not you care but ND is not overrated.

Reaction Score
UCONN by 5 in OT over ND The "kids" rise to the occasion
MissSt over TX by 12 Out-coached & out-played
Baylor over SoCar by 18 Not in same hemisphere with talent

Reaction Score
It also doesn't help that Kalani is not playing like the Kalani everyone saw last year. I am hoping she gets past it, but we shall see. She is in charge of her own destiny this season. Kim is making it pretty clear if you don't wanna play like the AA that you are then you will sit and the freshmen will play.
Kim is still seeing Gulich in her dreams despite having Cox and Brown to work with. They were no match in crunch time

Reaction Score
Are UConn fans a little worried that Walker and Williams haven't played a game against a ranked opponent yet?

Yes, I am VERY worried because Walker and Williams haven't played a game against a ranked opponent yet.

Worried for their opponent. Very worried for their opponent. 'Cause these two women strike out when challenged. They are predators inside, and when pressed, they will, I predict based on what I know about them and have seen already, will eat their opponents alive.:cool::rolleyes::D

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom