Predictions and favorites? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Predictions and favorites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why does everyone think we're getting polley? Have I missed something?

We are in his top 5 and we jumped there despite a late offer. He has Killings written all over him. We are clearly his best choice for a bball school out of a list of a few fball schools, a mid major, and whatever you call Pitt. For me, it was mostly a guess based on those factors. Plus I like the fit.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Can they throw me in there though? Recently found out I was an old man and a loser. Not sure I can play there but I will box someone out.:eek:
I used up a year of eligibility as a freshman running track but was technically on active duty my last year at UConn and I have been for the 30+ years since, so I may have one year left. I'm a generous 5'8" have a hip replacement but also a mean disposition on the court and I can hit my free throws, so sign me up too!

Reaction Score
We are in his top 5 and we jumped there despite a late offer. He has Killings written all over him. We are clearly his best choice for a bball school out of a list of a few fball schools, a mid major, and whatever you call Pitt. For me, it was mostly a guess based on those factors. Plus I like the fit.

Late riser who played very well to the point of standing out on a aau team with a top ten player (Knox), I love the fit. 6'8 long and an excellent shooter, you really can't have enough of those . Wings who can shoot are typically decent pro prospects, and let's not forget the last time we had two guys like that starting (Daniels + Giffey).

Reaction Score

Keep in mind that the original post was open as to each poster responding by selecting 'who you wanted' or 'who you think we will get', so some posters might want him but might not be projecting getting him. In my case I both want him and I'm guessing he ends up with us, but you haven't missed anything, just my guess.

Why did I project we would get him:
1. We are in his announced top 5
2. He has set up an official visit (that as far as I have seen reported is 1 of 2 visits with TN the other)
3. We have a recent Crystal Ball pick for what they are worth, (somebody could know his leanings)
4. I perceive we are an easy sell by position since Facey is leaving and the spot Facey plays lends itself to Polley's game
5. I think Polley's skill set is like Daniels and that it would thus be easy for Polley to perceive how Ollie would use him
6. I like our chances up against TN and other teams on his list.

Why do I want him:
1. Only based on the skills in his mix tape which were so Daniels-like in terms of inside and outside, and, aggressiveness taking it to the rim when players closed out on him. I thought the mix tape also showed an offensive mindset that I think we need in that Diarra is going to rebound, not be a prolific shooter.

In the end - just passing time on The Boneyard until posters with real info feed us some red meat.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Keep in mind that the original post was open as to each poster responding by selecting 'who you wanted' or 'who you think we will get', so some posters might want him but might not be projecting getting him. In my case I both want him and I'm guessing he ends up with us, but you haven't missed anything, just my guess.

In the end - just passing time on The Boneyard until posters with real info feed us some red meat.

Red meat seasoned with grains of salt, cooked in a highly fluid solution, and ready in 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
I posted my reasoning on the first page. But basically we're the best school in his top 5 and he seems like the type of recruit we get to round out our class as a late riser top 100 type guy

Reaction Score
@Huskyforlife I predicted Polley for a lot of the reasons others have noted. We're in top 5, we are his best offer (not that it means much sometimes) and his style of play would fit Ollie's system pretty well. Add in that he has scheduled a visit and that he isn't a heavily recruited player it seems like he would see this as a good spot for him. I gave predictions in that post. My favorites would be:

MAL
Diallo
Bamba
Richards
Wilkes

Of course, that would likely be the #1 class in the country, so not likely to happen.

Reaction Score
I would be content with MAL & Richards and think that is the most likely scenario..

The Diallo thing would be great, however he's clearly a 1 and done, is he worth it when there's a clear foundation here with this great freshmen class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom