Predictions and favorites? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Predictions and favorites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
@Dogbreath2U in regards to Richards/Bamba, we might not have landed a highly touted 5 in some time but KO has put in an enormous amount of effort in the recruitment of these 2. I'm confident he can land one. Perhaps that's the optimist in me, but oh well.

I would love either one, of course. And getting one of those two could be a big step up for UConn's recruiting of big men.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, definitely don't think we end up Petty. I'm still optimistic about Diallo though.

Don't know how to feel about Harvey, I felt pretty confident we were in a good spot with him. Then he released his top 9 and 2 months later a top 10 so it seems like his decision is still a ways off. Who knows what happens between then

it's a bummer because it didn't seem outside the realm of possibility that there was a scenario in which we landed MAL, Diallo and Harvey potentially to play the 3. That might have just been me being too optimistic tho.

Reaction Score
Alterique Gilbert was positively influenced by the idea of playing with Jalen Adams as he had in a high school tournament/camp.
Zach Brown (who had to go, but I rue losing) liked the idea of playing with Gilbert who had been his point guard on Int'l Champ Team.
Michael Porter seems to be drawing big for Univ of Washington at least in terms of other quality players taking a serious look.
I think UConn's optimistic scenario does play out if we get Diallo. He has been such a visible force amongst top players, that I think it would tip the scale for other big time recruits that are already interested. I think his commitment nets us a Richards or Bamba, and then an MAL and Polley rounds out a stellar class. It would be a shame if we are in a catch 22 where Diallo wants to see a quality big commit first so he perceives a national championship caliber team where he is the final piece. We have the point guards expected to be capable of chasing a national championship as they mature, we have a cadre of talent to support that chase, we can be in the hunt without true stars, but getting a 5 star center and wing puts us on the short list and is so close, (a Diallo commitment away), as a UConn fan you can taste it.

Reaction Score
My Realistic Guess (which would be an unbelievable haul and probably a Top 3 class for sure)

MAL
Diallo
Polley
Bamba

My Order of wish list (out of the ones I think we are still in on)

MAL/or Waters then Beatty
Diallo/Petty or Nwora
Wilkes & Scruggs/Riley or Polley
Bamba/Richards/Uyaelunmo

Think we are out on..

Walker
Harvey
Ikey
Samuels
Sims

Reaction Score
My Realistic Guess (which would be an unbelievable haul and probably a Top 3 class for sure)

MAL
Diallo
Polley
Bamba
That would be an incredible class. That's two top 10 recruits. I don't believe UConn has ever done that before. I would temper my expectations.

Reaction Score
Personally, I'm:
- Very confident we get Diallo
- Confident we get either MAL or Tremont
- Confident we don't get Richards or Bamba

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I don't know enough to know who we will get. Who I want is:
Diallo
Waters
Bamba

If we get them (or MAL or Richards) it is an amazing year and they could afford to put me into one of the open slots (61 years old, out of shape & overweight).
If we get 2 of those 5 it is a great year.

Reaction Score
Why?
I guess it would be more accurate to say I'm somewhat confident about that one instead of confident, but I have no actual information. Just guessing based upon gut feel, our history of recruiting over the last 25 years, the rankings of both players, our general connection with each player, the projected rosters of different teams their freshman year, and trying to to not be a homer and look objectively at how easy a sell it is for us vs. the other teams competing for them.

Reaction Score
Personally, I'm:
- Very confident we get Diallo
- Confident we get either MAL or Tremont
- Confident we don't get Richards or Bamba

This is pretty much where I am. It seems like we've seen the Bamba/Richards recruitment 100 times before.

Reaction Score
This is pretty much where I am. It seems like we've seen the Bamba/Richards recruitment 100 times before.
Yep. In the last 20 years I can't remember a single instance of a recruitment that went in the typical manner where we were able to successfully land a big man ranked in the ballpark of where these two are ranked. Having no other information to go on, it makes sense to be skeptical imo.

Reaction Score
Yep. In the last 20 years I can't remember a single instance of a recruitment that went in the typical manner where we were able to successfully land a big man ranked in the ballpark of where these two are ranked. Having no other information to go on, it makes sense to be skeptical imo.

now is as good a time as any to buck the trend though.

Reaction Score
In 20 minutes I'm going to take a grain of salt and drive into the car wash. I'll let you know what I find out.

My Prediction:
MAL &
some other guys we'll be happy with.

Reaction Score
I don't know enough to know who we will get. Who I want is:
Diallo
Waters
Bamba

If we get them (or MAL or Richards) it is an amazing year and they could afford to put me into one of the open slots (61 years old, out of shape & overweight).
If we get 2 of those 5 it is a great year.

Can they throw me in there though? Recently found out I was an old man and a loser. Not sure I can play there but I will box someone out.:eek:

Reaction Score
I'm thinking a little pessimistically here but still thinking we end up with a pretty good class. Just not maybe some of the guys we are coveting.
MAL
Beatty
Polley
Josh Carlton
Jordan Nwora

I'm thinking the big dogs eat some of the big fish out of our pond again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom