Predictions and favorites? | The Boneyard

Predictions and favorites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok we now have multiple names in most of the positions on the court in which KO and the staff have offered.

What do you believe the class will be and/or who do you want it to be? Some may think we will get the main focus of each position others not - Waters vs MAL (or other), Bamba vs Richards (or other), Harvey vs Scruggs (or other0, Hami vs Petty/Wilkes (or other). And who will be the one to open up the flood lines for our next big recruiting class?

Here's mine:

MAL
Uyaelumano (hoping Bamba but the leaves are changing color on me)
Harvey
Petty

First to accept - MAL

Reaction Score
Predicted class & commitment order:
Polley (early September)
Uyaelumano (late September)
MAL (early November)
Diallo (April)

I also predict that lots of people will complain about Polley & Uyaelumano b/c they're not highly enough ranked.

Anyway, I think this will be Ollie's best class, but not a quantum leap forward from what he pulled in this year. Which is fine, as long as it keeps us competitive (it will) and gives us a couple of future NBAers (it should).

Reaction Score
All of our recruiting targets are excellent so I really will be happy if we can land any 3, ecstatic with 4, and if we only got 2 from our known list it could still be very good but we might need a spring 5th year transfer or a 'project' big to round things out. (Filling all 5 just seems too much to truly believe)

My Desired Results
Hamidou Diallo (joins class of 2016 over the next 3 weeks giving this yr's team big possibilities)

For 2017
MAL (point guard in waiting and ball handling depth hedging Adams or Gilbert Declaring)
John Petty (A tall great shooting Jeremy Lamb 2G replacing Purvis)
Tyler Polley (A Deandre Daniel clone stretch 4 replacing Facey)
Nick Richards (poised scoring from the center position replacing Brimah)

Reaction Score
Polley
MAL
Nick Richards Or Bamba
Beatty

Reaction Score
Seems as though Petty and Harvey are likely to end up else where.

Reaction Score
Seems as though Petty and Harvey are likely to end up else where.

I have fallen in love with Petty's video. Love his game for some reason, although they all look pretty good in their highlight video's. Smooth, great pull up and can attack with both hands. Seems really effortless.

He may be my #1 want at this point.

Reaction Score
I have fallen in love with Petty's video. Love his game for some reason, although they all look pretty good in their highlight video's. Smooth, great pull up and can attack with both hands. Seems really effortless.

He may be my #1 want at this point.
cautiously pessimistic with hami ? I'm in the same boat. I feel like MAL and Polley are just locks, MAL's recruitment is giving off vibes of jalens in that it seemed inevitable he will commit at some point soon.

Reaction Score
cautiously pessimistic with hami ? I'm in the same boat. I feel like MAL and Polley are just locks, MAL's recruitment is giving off vibes of jalens in that it seemed inevitable he will commit at some point soon.

Agree it is almost a shadow of JA's recruitment and how it played out, or let's hope so. Louisville is there but I just think he goes with his first love. I am concerned with some in the know, or at least seemingly, who are afraid his game may not pan out. I like what I see but the FT% and shooting in general needs to improve this year. Still like the PG's who can make a shot, at least like Jalen.

Reaction Score
I think Diallo is a near lock.

I hope you're right but isn't it a bit concerning a kid who seems to have loved the Huskies and KO from day 1 is waiting so long? I mean are the whispers sleeping into his brain just a little maybe?

Still somewhat confident because of some peoples insight but I may have used revers psych on my predictions for a reason ;)

Reaction Score
I hope you're right but isn't it a bit concerning a kid who seems to have loved the Huskies and KO from day 1 is waiting so long? I mean are the whispers sleeping into his brain just a little maybe?

Still somewhat confident because of some peoples insight but I may have used revers psych on my predictions for a reason ;)

Recruitment has become a part of your "brand" as a player. Maybe he's already silently committed here, maybe he's not, but for him personally it helps his hype to be a late commit.

Reaction Score
I don't see UK missing out on Petty. Surprised at some of the optimism here regarding him. We literally heard nothing about him until a few days ago. Hate to sound pessimistic, but I'm not even considering him at this point.

MAL
Diallo
Richards
Beatty
Polley

Going for the big class.

Reaction Score
I don't see UK missing out on Petty. Surprised at some of the optimism here regarding him. We literally heard nothing about him until a few days ago. Hate to sound pessimistic, but I'm not even considering him at this point.

MAL
Diallo
Richards
Beatty
Polley

Going for the big class.
Playing devil's advocate, if Diallo goes to UK don't you think it's possible that Petty would come here?

Reaction Score
"If we get the best recruiting class in school history then everything else is icing on the cake."

Way to go out on a limb, dude. ;)
I think getting even 2 out of those 3 would make anything else icing on the cake. Obviously I'd take all 3 but if I could sign up today and be guaranteed 2 and guys like Polley or Uyaelumano to finish out the class I'm doing it

Reaction Score
Playing devil's advocate, if Diallo goes to UK don't you think it's possible that Petty would come here?

Certainly possible, but isn't Alabama neck and neck with UK in his recruitment. We may have to be content with Beatty and maybe Polley on the perimeter if we miss out on Hami.

btw it seems like we have fallen out of favor w Dj Harvey last few weeks. Recruiting is fluid.

Reaction Score
Certainly possible, but isn't Alabama neck and neck with UK in his recruitment. We may have to be content with Beatty and maybe Polley on the perimeter if we miss out on Hami.

btw it seems like we have fallen out of favor w Dj Harvey last few weeks. Recruiting is fluid.
Oh yeah, definitely don't think we end up Petty. I'm still optimistic about Diallo though.

Don't know how to feel about Harvey, I felt pretty confident we were in a good spot with him. Then he released his top 9 and 2 months later a top 10 so it seems like his decision is still a ways off. Who knows what happens between then

Reaction Score
why do people think polley is almost definitely coming here? not as if I have any inside information but didn't we just get in on him?

Reaction Score
Can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think he's anything of a lock to come here. Just guessing that he will, based on a few things: We're by far the best school in his top 5, have an official visit scheduled next month, and seems to fit the mold of a UConn recruit where he's a lower/fringe top 100 guy who's rising (or in his case falling and then rising) at the right time

Reaction Score
why do people think polley is almost definitely coming here? not as if I have any inside information but didn't we just get in on him?
Can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think he's anything of a lock to come here. Just guessing that he will, based on a few things: We're by far the best school in his top 5, have an official visit scheduled next month, and seems to fit the mold of a UConn recruit where he's a lower/fringe top 100 guy who's rising (or in his case fallingand then rising) at the right time

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
My guess at this point is that we get MAL, Diallo, and some of the up and coming guys. I doubt we will get either Richards or Bamba. Bamba was just at UConn, but nothing about it has come out. May not mean a thing, but not a confidence builder. Victor Uyaelumano would be a strong get, but a project. Would love to somehow get Wilkes just because I love his game from highlight videos. Polley and Beatty would be great additions, but who knows how the dominos will fall. They will likely look at playing time closely. I doubt we get Beatty in this scenario as the backcourt would be crowded with talented kids ahead of him. I wish we had a 6'8" 245 lb PF recruit to balance things more with our lean front court guys. Isn't it about time we came up with an international player to come in and play almost like Nadav? Or Sheffer? or Giffey (as a senior)?

The predictions have understandably have been very optimistic and I hope they come true. It would be very cool to get someone like Bamba, for example. I hope that UConn is really in with Diallo as strongly as has been suggested, but I would rather have Petty if I could pick. If Diallo is really a one and done, I'm not sure how much he would help UConn. Would love to see him play and dazzle with his amazing athleticism, but would really love to get a kid who can shoot the rock from deep when really needed at a good percentage. Beatty may even turn out to be the better fit for UConn. KO is swinging for the fences and lets hope he connects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom