Prediction: Our backcourt will easily be one best of the country | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Prediction: Our backcourt will easily be one best of the country

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I bleed blue, and I am worried about our bigs. There was a long stretch (around 10 years) where we were top 5 in the nation in blocks per game, and that ended years ago. When I see our bigs play, and then see other bigs throughout the country play, I have to ask why we couldn't have landed just one? Our team last year, and looks like again next year, was composed of a few point guards and a whole bunch of tweeners who were just no good. Couldn't score, pass, rebound, block, or stay out of foul trouble. We need a stable Jeff Adrian type, along with a shot blocker who doesn't need to be relied upon to score-just defend the paint and block/alter shots. Our guards are great next year, but we are weak elsewhere.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I bleed blue, and I am worried about our bigs. There was a long stretch (around 10 years) where we were top 5 in the nation in blocks per game, and that ended years ago. When I see our bigs play, and then see other bigs throughout the country play, I have to ask why we couldn't have landed just one? Our team last year, and looks like again next year, was composed of a few point guards and a whole bunch of tweeners who were just no good. Couldn't score, pass, rebound, block, or stay out of foul trouble. We need a stable Jeff Adrian type, along with a shot blocker who doesn't need to be relied upon to score-just defend the paint and block/alter shots. Our guards are great next year, but we are weak elsewhere.
I think a big part of the reason we so often miss on the top big men is our perception. We are perceived as a guard oriented school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom