Predicting the committee 16 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Predicting the committee 16

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I'm noticing that the 5-9 range of the committee's latest reveal of 2/10 has become a soft spot, with all of these teams faltering to some degree. The committee may or may not end up cutting Michigan and Indiana some slack for their injured players (depending on whether they come back).

Reveal ranking on 2/10​
Wins since 2/10​
Losses since 2/10​
1. S. Carolinaat Kentucky, 59-50
at Georgia, 72-54
--
2. StanfordUtah, 91-64
Colorado, 63-46
--
3. NC Stateat Boston C., 85-78 OT
at Duke, 77-62
--
4. LouisvilleNotre Dame, 73-47--
5. Michigan--at Michigan St, 57-63
at Northwestern, 69-71 2OT
6. ArizonaArizona St, 62-58at Arizona St, 77-81
7. Iowa Stateat TCU, 93-70at Texas, 48-73
8. IndianaMichigan St, 76-58at Nebraska, 55-72
9. Oklahoma--at Texas, 63-78
Texas Tech, 87-97
10. BaylorW. Virginia, 75-57
TCU, 80-55
--
11. UConnDePaul, 84-60
at Marquette, 72-58
--
12. TennesseeMissouri, 76-62
Vanderbilt, 66-52
--
13. LSUGeorgia, 73-67
at Texas A&M, 74-58
--
14. Notre DameMiami, 69-53at Louisville, 47-73
15. TexasOklahoma, 78-63
Iowa State, 73-48
--
16. Oregonat Oregon St, 74-66
UCLA, 67-53
Oregon St, 62-68
Almost of those losses are bad losses too:

Michigan-both losses are to teams not projected to make the tournament

Arizona-Arizona State is a bubble team, projected as 11 seed.

Indiana-this one isn't as bad considering Nebraska is a safely projected tournament team (7 seed), but losing by 17 is an eye sorer.

Iowa State-no shame in losing to Texas, but losing by 25 is rough

Oklahoma-a 10 point loss at home to 10-14 Texas Tech is awful. Pretty mindboggling how Texas Tech has road wins by 10+ over OU and Texas but is 1-10 in all other conference games.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Pretty mindboggling how Texas Tech has road wins by 10+ over OU and Texas but is 1-10 in all other conference games.
So Texas Tech is the Auburn of the Big 12.

With all the volatility in the 5-16 range, Texas could find itself back on the 2 seed line if it continues to play well.

Reaction Score
Just conjecture but predicting the NCAA will develop brackets that would have SC and UConn meeting in the Finals if both win out.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How is UConn behind Tenn when they pasted them? No logic to that order. UConn has dealt with their issues, not always great at times, but no way Tenn should be ahead of them. Also, Olivia is dealing with a strained groin. Not as serious as a pulled groin, but groins are not day-to-day.
Tenn has beaten Arkansas (twice), Georgia and Texas among others. UConn’s best win is…Tennessee

Reaction Score
How is UConn behind Tenn when they pasted them? No logic to that order. UConn has dealt with their issues, not always great at times, but no way Tenn should be ahead of them. Also, Olivia is dealing with a strained groin. Not as serious as a pulled groin, but groins are not day-to-day.
1) UConn is not behind Tenn
2) why is UConn ahead of GaT ?
3) bracket rankings are not based on one game, but the entire resume

sun

Reaction Score
Just conjecture but predicting the NCAA will develop brackets that would have SC and UConn meeting in the Finals if both win out.
Considering that SC and Stanford are #1 & #2 and the most probable match-up for the NC, IMO it's all about which teams can upset either of those 2 favorites.
If UConn wants the Bridgeport home advantage, then there's no other choice then for a semi-final match up against SC.
It seems like the NCAA is now favoring UConn in Bridgeport so they don't appear biased by sending UConn away, and all due to Paige being injured most of the season.
I would think that the NCAA wants to promote Paige as being capable of leading an upset since she's a poster girl for the NCAA, the future of WCBB and the match up would make for good hype if it comes to pass.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
South Carolina -- Arizona -- Michigan -- Texas
Stanford -- Baylor -- LSU -- Maryland
Louisville -- Indiana -- Tennessee -- Notre Dame
NC State -- Iowa St -- UConn -- Ohio State
The pot got stirred last night just slightly.

#3 Louisville -- lost at UNC. This may or may not drop them to overall Fourth #1 seed. They have two games left against ranked teams. vs. #23 Virginia Tech and at #19 Notre Dame.

#4 NC State -- have won five straight. They may move up to the Third #1 Seed because of their win over Louisiville.

#5 Indiana -- lost at Nebraska. Now play #22 Iowa twice in a row followed by a game #13 Maryland.

#6 Iowa State -- got blown out at #14 Texas. Will host #15 Oklahoma on the 19th and then #7 Baylor of the 28th.

#7 Baylor -- they are on a roll and will be moving on up. Only game left against a ranked team is at #6 Iowa State

#8 Arizona -- no movement with them. No games left against Top 25 teams.

#9 Michigan -- this team has lost it's last two games and are hurting themselves. Up next is a game vs. #13 Maryland then at #22 Iowa.

So my new look:

South Carolina -- Arizona -- Iowa State -- Notre Dame
Stanford -- Indiana -- LSU -- Oklahoma
NC State -- Maryland -- Texas -- Florida
Louisville -- Baylor -- UConn -- Michigan

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So my new look:

South Carolina -- Arizona -- Iowa State -- Notre Dame
Stanford -- Indiana -- LSU -- Oklahoma
NC State -- Maryland -- Texas -- Florida
Louisville -- Baylor -- UConn -- Michigan
Walk me through it, as on Monday you posted:

Tennesse losing at Alabama. I can why you dropped them out of Top 16.

Florida winning; I can see why you added them to your Top 16.

You didn't have OU in your Top 16 on Monday after a weekend loss at Texas; we discussed why. They since have added a bad home loss to Q3 Texas Tech, but you added them to your Top 16?

Ohio State loses at Maryland. So, you dropped them out of Top 16?

Those last 4 slots are definitely gonna be dogfights.

Reaction Score
Walk me through it, as on Monday you posted:

Tennesse losing at Alabama. I can why you dropped them out of Top 16.

Florida winning; I can see why you added them to your Top 16.

You didn't have OU in your Top 16 on Monday after a weekend loss at Texas; we discussed why. They since have added a bad home loss to Q3 Texas Tech, but you added them to your Top 16?

Ohio State loses at Maryland. So, you dropped them out of Top 16?

Those last 4 slots are definitely gonna be dogfights.
This past week we had a bunch of losses. Michigan put a stop to Maryland's rise. Arizona lost. Indiana lost twice. Have not looked at any bracket stuff so far this week. Top-25 will be announced last. UConn should jump to a #2 Seed. But will they be put in Bridgeport? Good question.

Reaction Score
This past week we had a bunch of losses. Michigan put a stop to Maryland's rise. Arizona lost. Indiana lost twice. Have not looked at any bracket stuff so far this week. Top-25 will be announced last. UConn should jump to a #2 Seed. But will they be put in Bridgeport? Good question.
UConn was #11 last time. Highly unlikely it would move up significantly from that given the teams it has played.
Still a 3 seed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn was #11 last time. Highly unlikely it would move up significantly from that given the teams it has played.
Still a 3 seed.
Top 8 in every poll and algorithm - waiting on coaches poll tomorrow.

Computer rankings will take a small hit next game due to an SOS drop.

Who’s more deserving? South Carolina, Stanford, NCState state and Louisville. That’s really about it.

Big Ten champ and Big 12 champ will make it. (Baylor, Maryland/Michigan?) Are any second place P-5s more deserving?

That leaves two spots. I believe it will be UConn and a second place of Baylor / Texas or Maryland/Michigan. I don’t see both conferences deserving a second team in.

Of course, y’all have to win out.

Reaction Score
Top 8 in every poll and algorithm - waiting on coaches poll tomorrow.

Computer rankings will take a small hit next game due to an SOS drop.

Who’s more deserving? South Carolina, Stanford, NCState state and Louisville. That’s really about it.

Big Ten champ and Big 12 champ will make it. (Baylor, Maryland/Michigan?) Are any second place P-5s more deserving?

That leaves two spots. I believe it will be UConn and a second place of Baylor / Texas or Maryland/Michigan. I don’t see both conferences deserving a second team in.

Of course, y’all have to win out.
Not Texas. If anyone else from B12, it’ll be Iowa St

You left out Arizona, which is definitely in the mix. As is LSU.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Not Texas. If anyone else from B12, it’ll be Iowa St

You left out Arizona, which is definitely in the mix. As is LSU.
If (big "if") Texas wins out in the regular season (2 more Q1 wins), and manages to win the Big 12 tournament (an additional 2-3 Q1 wins), I'm confident Texas would be in the discussion for one of the #2 national seeds; will also depend on which other teams in the discussion flop or flourish come conference tourney time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom