predict the uconn seed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

predict the uconn seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Just saw a bracket where we were a 6 out West playing against Nebraska. I don't believe that but the West looks good.

I say we are a 5

Reaction Score
Bracketology just updated as I was clicking on it.

UConn a 5 vs North Dakota State in Spokane in the West region. San Diego State the 4.

The first regional at MSG and they really aren't going to put us or Syracuse there? I find that hard to believe. I mean UCLA-New Mexico as the 4-5 in that region and not us?
North Dakota State isn't bad, they will keep it close.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Espn has us at a 5 out of the west!

I like it

Reaction Score
we will not be a 4. If we had beat the Ville, then Yes, but we are squarely on the 5 line

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
we will not be a 4. If we had beat the Ville, then Yes, but we are squarely on the 5 line
What were we prior to beating Memphis/Cincy?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
It just hit me hard in the stomach that were playing cuse in the 4/5 in buffalo. I've been sensing a tourny matchup with them all year. How can the committee pass up that opportunity.

Reaction Score
It just hit me hard in the stomach that were playing cuse in the 4/5 in buffalo. I've been sensing a tourny matchup with them all year. How can the committee pass up that opportunity.

No can do. Seeds 5 and above cannot be disadvantaged geographically in the sub-regionals. This is what is meant by a "protected seed".

"To recognize the demonstrated quality of such teams, the committee shall not place teams seeded on the first five lines at a potential 'home-crowd disadvantage' in the second round."

http://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/files/BracketPrin-Proc10-5-10.pdf

The only way we could be screwed thusly is if we were a 6 and Syracuse was a 3. In fact, several weeks ago one of Lunardi's brackets had exactly that. This is also why it was so important to move from the 6 line to the 5 line (which I believe we have).

Reaction Score
I cant believe no one is predicting a matchup vs Duke in Raleigh.

Reaction Score
If UCLA is a 4 seed and is playing in San Diego, isn't the 5 playing them at a geographic disadvantage?

Reaction Score
I cant believe no one is predicting a matchup vs Duke in Raleigh.

Because Duke right now is a 2 seed and we will not be a 7?

At worst they are a 3 and at worst we are a 6 but they would have to screw both with the seeds to make it happen and I don't think they are clamoring that much to do so.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
No can do. Seeds 5 and above cannot be disadvantaged geographically in the sub-regionals. This is what is meant by a "protected seed".

"To recognize the demonstrated quality of such teams, the committee shall not place teams seeded on the first five lines at a potential 'home-crowd disadvantage' in the second round."

The only way we could be screwed thusly is if we were a 6 and Syracuse was a 3. In fact, several weeks ago one of Lunardi's brackets had exactly that. This is also why it was so important to move from the 6 line to the 5 line (which I believe we have).

That sucks, I would have liked to get a yard bus trip up there if it happened.

Reaction Score
Because Duke right now is a 2 seed and we will not be a 7?

At worst they are a 3 and at worst we are a 6 but they would have to screw both with the seeds to make it happen and I don't think they are clamoring that much to do so.
Duke loses today, they're a 3, maybe a 4. If they win, I still think they're a 3. They needed to play Syracuse last night.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

Tens, in this case isn't the 2nd round in fact the round of 64? And therefore still possible?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Tens, in this case isn't the 2nd round in fact the round of 64? And therefore still possible?
The entire bracket is organized around the true seedings. So if Uconn and Syracuse end up getting matched in round 2, it would only happen if Syracuse gets shipped out to any other region other than the East. That would mean they would have to be ranked, in terms of true seeding, around 11 or 12 if they were a 3 seed. That means there would have to be a northeast/east team (Villanova essentially) that would get moved to the 3 line and bump Syracuse out West. Villanova would get the better region pick since their true seed is better than Cuse's.

So basically it would have to take a lot to have us play Syracuse if they were a 3 and us a 6. Now if we're a 5 and they're a 4, then its a different story, but it goes along the same guidelines.

Tens was right about protected seeds. If Syracuse indeed is a 3 in the East and we're a 6 in the East based off of true seeding, then either Syracuse would get moved to a 4 or 2, or we get moved to a 5.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The entire bracket is organized around the true seedings. So if Uconn and Syracuse end up getting matched in round 2, it would only happen if Syracuse gets shipped out to any other region other than the East. That would mean they would have to be ranked, in terms of true seeding, around 11 or 12 if they were a 3 seed. That means there would have to be a northeast/east team (Villanova essentially) that would get moved to the 3 line and bump Syracuse out West. Villanova would get the better region pick since their true seed is better than Cuse's.

So basically it would have to take a lot to have us play Syracuse if they were a 3 and us a 6. Now if we're a 5 and they're a 4, then its a different story, but it goes along the same guidelines.

Tens was right about protected seeds. If Syracuse indeed is a 3 in the East and we're a 6 in the East based off of true seeding, then either Syracuse would get moved to a 4 or 2, or we get moved to a 5.

I'm not following the logic of why you are suggesting they would have to move out. They start with an S curve and then they try to make sexy matchups. I don't care what they say in public, you see it every year. If cuse is projecting a 4 and were projecting a 5, they will make it happen.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm not following the logic of why you are suggesting they would have to move out. They start with an S curve and then they try to make s e xy matchups. I don't care what they say in public, you see it every year. If cuse is projecting a 4 and were projecting a 5, they will make it happen.
Protected seeds won't let that happen. We'd be at a disadvantage geographically.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Protected seeds won't let that happen. We'd be at a disadvantage geographically.
The protection only applies to the round of 64 (2nd round) not the round of 32 (3rd round) according to the doc tens just posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom