predict the uconn seed | The Boneyard

predict the uconn seed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am guess a 5 in the east. Thinking we will play cuse

Reaction Score
5 seed sounds right, but much closer to 4 seed than 6.

Consider, they were probably a 5 seed before the tourney started but 2 wins in Memphis over ranked teams while others were losing their first game could have popped them above 16. 3 of UConn's 8 losses are to Louisville who will be inconsideration for a #1.

UConn has a 10% chance for a 4 because the committee might actually give weight to an OOC schedule against Florida, Indiana, Stanford, Maryland, Washington, Harvard.

I doubt it means anything in the end, since they are by the numbers, but it may.

So a #5 seed.

Reaction Score
I think a 4 seed but more likely a 5. Doesn't really matter it's really about match ups!! Please send us out West!! Let's go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
5 seed. Hopefully we avoid Stephen F Austin (on a 28 win streak) and Providence (& florida) and we will be good to go

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
5 seed against either SFA or Providence.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
We had a shot at the 4 until UCLA won the Pac and MSU advanced to the Big 10 final.

Reaction Score
Really hoping for the 4 seed out west. In the past 25 years, no team of 5 or higher has ever won. The 4 was some team in 2011. Hope for Mich to just blow out MS so we get their 4 seed and they get our 5.

This years tourney is WIDE open. If we can get a decent seed we could do well. Yes, match ups, blah.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think we're a 5 seed. Even though UCLA did, in fact, leapfrog us in Lunardi's projection, it came at the expense of Oklahoma, not us.

The only team left that has a chance of significantly moving up is Kentucky. If they beat Florida, they will be ahead of us as well, but I think we'd still be a 5 and Ohio State would be bumped to a 6. (Although with the SEC gaming the system and having their tournament end like 30 minutes before the Selection Show, the Committee probably won't be able to account for a positive outcome for UK. Of course, I wouldn't put it past them to give UK the benefit of the doubt and give them the higher seed anyway.)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'll be stunned if we're anything but a 5 seed.

Reaction Score
So everyone thinks MSU is a solid lock for a 4 seed? If they loose today they will have one less win than us, comparable rpi and much worse SOS. Am I missing something?

Reaction Score
So everyone thinks MSU is a solid lock for a 4 seed? If they loose today they will have one less win than us, comparable rpi and much worse SOS. Am I missing something?

They had a lot of injuries and are now getting healthy. I don't want them in a 4-5 matchup

Reaction Score
A couple random points. The Committee has admitted that they won't always wait for the SEC and B10 championship games. They have completed brackets prior to conclusion and I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen again. MSU may be bumped to a 3 regardless of the result.

Joey Brackets has not traditionally done a very good job seeding the field. Check out bracketmatrix.com. They grade the recent history of "bracketologists" and Lunardi's performance has been middling. A bunch higher rated websites have UCONN as a 6 seed so don't be shocked if this happens.

Reaction Score
5 seed against either SFA or Providence.
I highly doubt PC is a 12.

If we get PC in the first round, it will be in a 6-11 game. I can actually see PC as a 10 seed at this point.

Reaction Score
They had a lot of injuries and are now getting healthy. I don't want them in a 4-5 matchup

Michigan State is scary if they are completely healthy. I don't want to see them in the in a 2nd game match-up. That would not be good regardless of last years result.

Reaction Score
Any seed in the east region could be a gift. The weakest 1 seed will be there if Ville doesn't get it.

Reaction Score
Any seed in the east region could be a gift. The weakest 1 seed will be there if Ville doesn't get it.

And seeing Villanova is probably going to be the 2 seed the weakest 2 as well.

Reaction Score

MSU is playing .500 since January. They have more losses in Feb than wins and if they loose today they will be .500 in March. Hardly a hot team where the committee says they deserve a better seeding.
However, if they win today it would be a huge win in terms of rpi, SOS, conference champs, etc. I just don't see the love for them. Too many losses to unranked teams in Feb.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
A couple random points. The Committee has admitted that they won't always wait for the SEC and B10 championship games. They have completed brackets prior to conclusion and I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen again. MSU may be bumped to a 3 regardless of the result.

Joey Brackets has not traditionally done a very good job seeding the field. Check out bracketmatrix.com. They grade the recent history of "bracketologists" and Lunardi's performance has been middling. A bunch higher rated websites have UCONN as a 6 seed so don't be shocked if this happens.
My question, is what was our expected seed if we lost to Memphis on Thursday, & how much did we help ourselves by upsetting two ranked teams in Memphis/Cincy?

Reaction Score
Bracketology just updated as I was clicking on it.

UConn a 5 vs North Dakota State in Spokane in the West region. San Diego State the 4.

The first regional at MSG and they really aren't going to put us or Syracuse there? I find that hard to believe. I mean UCLA-New Mexico as the 4-5 in that region and not us?

Reaction Score
My guess is we'll be lowered to a 6 seed in order to play 11 seeded Providence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom