Predict: Next commitment

Who's next?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
First I'd like to thank Jalen Adams and Steve Enoch and wish them success at Uconn. But now, who do you think Ollie reals in next? We seems to be in a great place with a lot of our top targets.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Good question. I'll go with Clarke.

Reaction Score
I think it'll be Stone in November. Jones seems like he wants to commit in the fall as well, but his camp seems to be pushing it out. They are either hoping for interest from other big time schools or just simply taking their time. We seem to be the favorite to land him though. Clarke wants playing time and although he may like UConn, his camp might steer him away. Briscoe will most likely take his time since resetting his recruitment. Malik is a spring decision. Stone it is!

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Jones and clarke most likly out of that group to choose uconn.i would love to land stone, but im thinking more along the lines of a Baptista type center for 2015.

Reaction Score
I think it'll be Stone in November. Jones seems like he wants to commit in the fall as well, but his camp seems to be pushing it out. They are either hoping for interest from other big time schools or just simply taking their time. We seem to be the favorite to land him though. Clarke wants playing time and although he may like UConn, his camp might steer him away. Briscoe will most likely take his time since resetting his recruitment. Malik is a spring decision. Stone it is!
Jones is getting recruited by uconn, uk, ku, unc, etc...who else would he be waiting for?

pj

Reaction Score
Stone. It could have been Clarke but he chose to wait. Could still be but ... Stone is next up.

Reaction Score
I don't think any of UConn's remaining major recruiting targets are in any rush to make a decision any time soon. It is what it is. Nothing we can control. It would make me feel better if Stone, Jones, Newman, Mack scheduled "Official Visits"...

At least Briscoe is scheduled & it's too soon to know about a Mack visit, but I think Stone, Jones, Newman & also Briscoe seem to be waiting to see who declares before they make a choice. I'd hate to be on the outside looking in come spring. Hope we aren't scaring off players like Clarke, etc by playing the waiting game.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
I don't think we're holding off on Clarke. Sound's like Ollie is putting on the full court press and would take a commitment at any point. I think Clarke is the next out of our group of recruits to make a decision, whatever that decision is. I think that the young man just needs to date a couple of other girls before he says "I do!" to us.

Stone has set a date of 11/12 deadline, but I think that Wisconsin presents steep competition and it would be clearer to me if actually set some OV dates. He and his family have intentionally tried to keep him out of the insanity of the recruiting process.

Mack is a darkhorse. Late offer. If he comes on an OV sooner than Clarke, he may be the first to pull the trigger. I have to think that we're not playing the waiting game there either with the timing of the offer.

Jones has visited so he knows the school, just sounds like he's taking his time and not talking about taking any OVs until the winter.

Briscoe and Newman have both stated clearly that they aren't signing until the spring. Briscoe has set an official visit. Newman seems more interested in who the rap artists is at Kentucky's midnight madness than setting up visits to tour the facilities although he seems to be a gym rat by all reports, so our facility may make a huge difference in his selection.

If we get Stone plus a wing I'll be thrilled with this post national championship recruiting class. In reality though any 2 of the above would bring huge talent to Storrs and would not elicit a complaint from me.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
The most logical is Clarke. Id prefer jones, im not to interested in renting stone.

Reaction Score
Thinking/hoping it's going to be Stone or Jones. Stone would be a huge get for obvious reasons. I'm fine with either of Jones or Clarke but prefer Jones a bit as I think his athleticism would be the source of endless entertainment, in addition to him being an excellent player. I know Clarke has a reputation as a hard worker and a high energy guy, but the thing with having KO as a coach is that he demands every player be a hard worker/high energy guy. Would love to finish out with Stone/Jones/Briscoe, then sit back and watch Ollie turn them into some sort of hungry juggernaut. So much testiculo fortitude with that kind of class.

Reaction Score
Jones is getting recruited by uconn, uk, ku, unc, etc...who else would he be waiting for?

UK and KU are looking at Derrick as their backup plans and I'm guessing they want to see if they'll go after him further. It was just a thought. Obviously could be wrong.

Reaction Score
The most logical is Clarke. Id prefer jones, im not to interested in renting stone.
Because landing a top 5 recruit and having another UConn alum in the NBA would be so terrible....

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
Because landing a top 5 recruit and having another UConn alum in the NBA would be so terrible....

We chase championships, not alumni.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
We chase championships, not alumni.
And you don't think that Diamond Stone would help us win a championship? We "rented" Lasan Kromah who played a big part in our championship. We "rented" Andre Drummond who was a HUUUGE reason that Steve Enoch was so interested in UConn and is a rising star in the NBA. Having big names on the current roster and in the NBA sets our program up for future success.

Reaction Score
Haha well I wasn't aware that they're mutually exclusive.

We had one "one and done" and it was a disaster to team chemistry. Not blaming Drummond, but it was what it was. Our "two and dones" were Caron, which obviously was a huge plus, Charley V, who accomplished relatively little here and Rudy Gay, who you can easily argue was as big a minus as a plus because of the lack of flexibility you get with these kids to either sit them or play them in a position good for the team but not their NBA career. The only time we got to a Final Four with even a 2 and done was with Charley V, and he didn't play a huge role in getting us there.

And yet, we've gone to five Final Fours. So why is it dumb to think that players who come here as no more than a weigh station are going to get us where we want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom