Precious Update | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Precious Update

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This isn’t sour grapes, as I do think Cockburn is a talented player, but he is incredibly stationary. I know he will get into better shape- and his height alone will always be a disruption on defense- but he’s getting outreboundwd by guards in this game. Precious is a dynamic player.
Given a choice between Kofi and Precious, I'm going with Precious all day long, but that isn't how it works is it? If Kofi had come here he would have immediately filled a void that would have allowed everyone else to used at there natural positions. He would have been a great get for us, but it wasn't meant to be.

Reaction Score
Given a choice between Kofi and Precious, I'm going with Precious all day long, but that isn't how it works is it? If Kofi had come here he would have immediately filled a void that would have allowed everyone else to used at there natural positions. He would have been a great get for us, but it wasn't meant to be.

My post wasn’t meant to compare them. It was just my thoughts as I watched their game.

Reaction Score
I've mentioned before, but still true: akok and precious have very complimentary play styles. Could be one of the best defensive tandems in the country.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Imagine a starting 5 including:

Gilbert
Vital
Achiuwa
Akok
Carlton

weirdest--memes.jpg

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
It's like you don't know us at all anymore.

At some point people have to learn, until proven otherwise these head to head recruiting battles we are going to lose.

Reaction Score
At some point people have to learn, until proven otherwise these head to head recruiting battles we are going to lose.

Can't win unless you try. Only kids were on for 2019 are him and Tre. Why not go all out for both?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
[CL82 opens Precious update thread hoping hear he's a UConn lean - leaves dissapointed.]

Reaction Score
Still feel Kofi and Akok brings in precious. Nasty front line.

Reaction Score
Broadcast mentioned our recruitment of Precious and said Hurley thought we have a good shot.

That was great. They actually said we have 3 top 50 guys coming next year (referring to Akok and Bouknight and Precious most likely committing).

Precious is a prototypical UCONN wing of lore. He also fits the personality profile and prototype that Hurley is recruiting and is having really good success with. Gaffney, Bouk, and Akok are all quiet, humble, talented guys with a desire to prove themselves. None of them were flashy with their recruiting. Precious fits that paradigm whereas Kofi didn't.

PS: Carlton is actually developing, which bodes well for the center spot.

Reaction Score
Broadcast mentioned our recruitment of Precious and said Hurley thought we have a good shot.

This will make @Zionn revise his prediction once again from "next" to "uphill battle", and probably now to a decent chance when it comes to Precious.

We should soon hear news of Precious announcing his list of OVs, and UConn will very likely be one of the schools to get an OV. Remember he already visited unofficially in the summer.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
What I hope the coaching staff is focused on bringing in for next year:

- a versatile defender who can lock down the opposing teams best player (Precious)

- a solid backup PG that can step in if AGs health becomes an issue, I might be in the minority here but I would not feel comfortable with Gaffney as our only PG and primary ball handler he plays off the ball right now and ball handling isn’t his best attribute(Kenya’s kid?)

- A serviceable backup center, ideally a longer defensive minded center(JUCO/Grad Transfer?)

Thinking: Team is really solid at the 2-4 as is for next year. PG is a little bit of an unknown with AGs health, need to improve overall defensively and get deeper at the 5.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What I hope the coaching staff is focused on bringing in for next year:

- a versatile defender who can lock down the opposing teams best player (Precious)

- a solid backup PG that can step in if AGs health becomes an issue, I might be in the minority here but I would not feel comfortable with Gaffney as our only PG and primary ball handler he plays off the ball right now and ball handling isn’t his best attribute(Kenya’s kid?)

- A serviceable backup center, ideally a longer defensive minded center(JUCO/Grad Transfer?)

Agree on all counts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom