Precious to Memphis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Precious to Memphis

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I get why people can't root for a conference rival, but the bottom line is if our goal is to be a national contender again, not just a conference contender, this is undeniably good for us (assuming he wasn't coming here).

This will bring more espn coverage to the conference and will help answer the biggest counter recruiting move P5 conference coaches will make every time we try to get a five star. When they ask why would a 5* ever play in the AAC, there are now some heavily publicized, top of mind use cases for top-10 talent that has done so.

Not to mention the old JC recruiting strategy of come to UConn and play against so and so...

Reaction Score
I’m sorry but if this happens this is bigger than the Fab 5 from a recruiting standpoint. I’ve never seen a coach literally get every single guy he wanted in year 12, let alone year 2ish

Reaction Score
I’m sorry but if this happens this is bigger than the Fab 5 from a recruiting standpoint. I’ve never seen a coach literally get every single guy he wanted in year 12, let alone year 2ish
A lot of these kids are from Memphis. Penny needs to have a really good season to keep national recruits flowing in. That or get bigger bags

Reaction Score
Memphis has the #1 overall class.
The AAC middle is now making their push to the top of the league.
It’s gonna be a fun year.

Attachments

• 8C18820F-C1BD-464A-AA7F-3779F47E6A7A.png
    8C18820F-C1BD-464A-AA7F-3779F47E6A7A.png
    306.9 KB · Views: 159
Reaction Score
A lot of these kids are from Memphis. Penny needs to have a really good season to keep national recruits flowing in. That or get bigger bags

Not trying to be that guy but...

Boogie Ellis - Cali
Lester Quinones - NY
Precious Achiuwa - Florida
James Wiseman - Memphis
Rayjon Tucker - North Carolina

Reaction Score
Not trying to be that guy but...

Boogie Ellis - Cali
Lester Quinones - NY
Precious Achiuwa - Florida
James Wiseman - Memphis
Rayjon Tucker - North Carolina

I thought Achiuwa was from New Jersey.

Reaction Score
Any time a top ranked recruit decides to wait until the spring AND not take official visits in the fall, you best take your 2nd and 3rd ranked player over him if they're willing to commit. Do not wait.

It is obviously very telling when that happens. & when the player visits Western Kentucky. Also a very big tell.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
What makes me most mad is that UConn is by far the bigger brand, with the bigger fanbase, with more tradition/history/prestige...but even located in the most populous pocket of the country (with highest household income), we still do not have a sugar daddy/mommy willing to pay top dollar for the top recruits.

Kudos to Memphis for finding their sugar daddy and promoting him to AD. They'll likely get to a Final Four now, eventually earn a P5 conference invitation, then have to vacate this Final Four long after they are in a P5 conference...which won't matter because they'd be in the money club and will be able to do whatever they want. Following Louisville's blueprint perfectly, to be honest.

I'm so fired up to read UConn's APR scores release though.

Reaction Score
What makes me most mad is that UConn is by far the bigger brand, with the bigger fanbase, with more tradition/history/prestige...but even located in the most populous pocket of the country (with highest household income), we still do not have a sugar daddy/mommy willing to pay top dollar for the top recruits.

Kudos to Memphis for finding their sugar daddy and promoting him to AD. They'll likely get to a Final Four now, eventually earn a P5 conference invitation, then have to vacate this Final Four long after they are in a P5 conference...which won't matter because they'd be in the money club and will be able to do whatever they want. Following Louisville's blueprint perfectly, to be honest.

They’re not going to the final 4 lmaoo

Reaction Score
What makes me most mad is that UConn is by far the bigger brand, with the bigger fanbase, with more tradition/history/prestige...but even located in the most populous pocket of the country (with highest household income), yet we still do not have a sugar daddy/mommy willing to pay top dollar for the top recruits.

Again, we've never known how to play the game. Only time we were ever really a part of the game was when Lew Perkins was running things but we've never had the sugar daddies.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Well at least now we can get out of this holding pattern and find out what the staff is doing with the final roster spot.
We don't have a final roster spot. All full at the moment.

Not true. He's spreading that sneaker/FedEx money all over the country.
True Story. Since FedEx is an international company, maybe some of that cash will make its way out of the country.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

Hurley has a vastly different approach to recruiting and building a program than Penny.

Hurley is trying to build a college program. Penny is trying to build an NBA factory.

Trust me, I'd love to be in Memphis' position right now. I'm just saying their approach is different, and I like the way Hurley is doing it. We are going for the Villanova approach, they are going for the Kentucky approach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom