Precious announcing this weekend? And Bill Self may or may not be a terrible human being | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Precious announcing this weekend? And Bill Self may or may not be a terrible human being

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
He had some nice private plane trips - to get one for your dog means you have a big ego - LOL

Didn't Big Lew arrange to get something like $150k worth of exercise equipment installed in his home while he was the AD at Kansas? IIRC, that was the final straw that got him outta there.

Lew was into exercise equipment. Hathaway was into free cars. To each his own. :rolleyes:

UConnNick

Reaction Score
We have four national championships in the last 21 seasons. More than anyone else. If you have to cheat to be really good, that would mean that -- at least before we started sucking the last few years -- we cheated.

There was one coach (can't remember who it was) that was quoted as saying that any school that wins a natty cheated to get there. I'm personally a friend of a D-I NCAA coach that has been at the same school since the late 1980's. He concurs with that assessment.

Reaction Score
Can we just have a Cheating Coaches thread pinned to the top of the board? Every other thread seems to turn into a such and such coach cheats...

Reaction Score
It’s not an argument since I said I don’t have any evidence. I said it’s a gut feeling. He’s a charming BS’er who runs one of the most historical basketball programs of all-time. I wouldn’t think it takes much, if any cheating to convince kids to go to Kentucky. Same thing goes for Duke. That’s why I think (key word, think) they are clean.

Well I don't when it comes to Duke, either; but Calipari is an explosively blatant cheater. I *know* his local bag guys at UMass. I'm friends with them lol. Up until Kellogg left, Lou Roe was living in a house owned by my buddy and had been there rent free since he retired from pro ball. That's one, but I could go on and on forever. There's a reason everyone hates him so much - and it's not just because he gets guys or that he cheats to get guys. He cheats to get guys in such blatant, loud, brazen ways and they NEVER light him up for it. Ever.

C

Chief00

Didn't Big Lew arrange to get something like $150k worth of exercise equipment installed in his home while he was the AD at Kansas? IIRC, that was the final straw that got him outta there.

Lew was into exercise equipment. Hathaway was into free cars. To each his own. :rolleyes:
The article said he spent $150,000 on private flights including one that was dog related.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
If CL82 has this much documented dirt on various NCAA programs stored on his computer, he should be an NCAA enforcement official. Of course, how do we know that he isn't? ;)
We know he isn't because he lacks the qualities necessary. The NCAA doesn't want investigators, they want cover-up artists that allow them to sweep things under the rug. Nothing to see here.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
The article said he spent $150,000 on private flights including one that was dog related.

The exercise equipment was another boondoggle he pulled off. I could be wrong about the amount, but it coincidentally happened to be in the neighborhood of $150k in value, IIRC. You're right, though, it wasn't mentioned in the list CL82 posted. I imagine they ordered some stuff for the weight room at Kansas and tacked on some additional equipment that was delivered to Lew's house.

Reaction Score
It’s not an argument since I said I don’t have any evidence. I said it’s a gut feeling. He’s a charming BS’er who runs one of the most historical basketball programs of all-time. I wouldn’t think it takes much, if any cheating to convince kids to go to Kentucky. Same thing goes for Duke. That’s why I think (key word, think) they are clean.
I have a bridge for sale that you might be interested in. It's in need of some repair but I promise to give you a good price. Great location down in NYC. Interested?

Reaction Score
Kansas has more basketball history than any other program in the nation as well as the best home court advantage in the NCAA with some of the most rabid fans ever. They sell out every game no matter what. Even exhibitions. Self also gets kids to the NBA - KU is forth in players in the NBA 4th out of all colleges.

I am not sure what you have against Self, but he averages 30.8 wins a year. Doesn't seem like definitely a worse coach. He's not perfect, but it just seems like you have a vendetta.

It's been said more than once that Self only won his one championship because Calipari choked at the end of the game. Maybe so, maybe not, but for all the hype and all the regular season wins in a league that hasn't been particularly deep until very recently Self has not won as big as expected in the post-season in spite of all Norm Roberts' success at getting him great recruits.

Reaction Score

He's had multiple Final Fours erased for cheating. But yeah, perfectly clean coach

He can't help himself. Wayne Simone and Worldwide Wes forced players on him and he, being an honest and trustworthy coach, accepted what they told him.

Reaction Score
The difference with Duke is they are smart enough to isolate Coach K as much as possible. Clemson was willing to pay the world for Zion. He visited Kansas and Kentucky. Do you really think he was willing to play at Duke for free? Come on.

Reaction Score

I liked big Lew, my wife and I sat next to him at several men's and women's bball games, he always had several bags of nuts on hand for the game. He was very talkative with us. I think he had a thing for my wife but that's another story. Lol

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The good news about Lew Perkins’s work out equipment is that it can still be returned unused.
Perkins is no worse than the db sitting in the AD chair now
This school deserves a solid AD

Reaction Score
I liked big Lew, my wife and I sat next to him at several men's and women's bball games, he always had several bags of nuts on hand for the game. He was very talkative with us. I think he had a thing for my wife but that's another story. Lol
Wrong kind of bag. Elite players won't play for peanuts! ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. :oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom