Precious announcing this weekend? And Bill Self may or may not be a terrible human being | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Precious announcing this weekend? And Bill Self may or may not be a terrible human being

Reaction Score
Perhaps Memphis being loaded with talent may work in our favor. Precious obviously has his eyes on the NBA. He is most likely a one and done. He has been biding his time, I think, so as to see who he will be competing with for playing time. With us it will be play right away. He has been interested in us , that is a fact. We have good coaches and great facilities. Hurley has been keeping one scholorship open for a reason. I am going to remain optimistic. I think we still have a chance with him. We’ll find out on Saturday.
I think the ship may have sailed. If Hurley and Co. believe we still have a shot we'll be seeing some flights scheduled to go see PA in the near future.

Reaction Score
Seeing all the recent big men we are chasing makes me think he is going elsewhere. Just a guess.

Reaction Score
I don't know why Precious is creating all of this drama by pretending that he's still undecided. If it's Memphis, just say it so that Hurley can move on.

My guess is that he just wants to splash the pot.

Reaction Score
Contrary to what some believe, we NEVER had a chance with Precious!

Reaction Score
They will enter the season with high expectations. If we bust them in their mouths on national tv in front of some highly sought after recruits then we are most certainly be in a good spot.

Hurley loves showcasing UConn to recruits during big games. The fact that we can now showcase during conference play is outstanding.

The only problem is, we haven't busted a decent team in the mouth in years, home or away. We had a few nice crowds come out last year for us and it's netted a pretty good but definitely not great recruiting class.

The more mediocre seasons we string together the further and further we fade from national relevance. I'm hoping next year is a big improvement but I honestly see us struggling to stay in the top 4 or 5 of a thoroughly mediocre conference.

Reaction Score
If he was recruited in high school then he has to be on scholarship as a freshman, but scholarships are (or used to be) year to year, and at some point players can move from scholarship to off scholarship. Not sure of the details or whether the NCAA has been altering rules, or if Memphis has its own policy, but odds are he can take the scholarship from his son and still have him play.

You can take the schollie away. But then either he can keep playing and the school gives him nada or, if he takes any kind of aid from the school, he can't play. Otherwise, all big time football and basketball programs would have to do to get around scholarship limitations is to hire the kids parents for some type of job after one year, give him that aid and use the scholarship again. It's not that easy.

Reaction Score
I don’t think precious to Memphis is a surefire thing. The timing seems to suggest Memphis, but they also just got a top grad transfer at the 3, who will certainly dig into the playing time penny probably promised precious during the recruiting process. I would still put my money on Memphis, but wouldn’t be surprised at all if it’s another school.

Reaction Score
The only problem is, we haven't busted a decent team in the mouth in years, home or away. We had a few nice crowds come out last year for us and it's netted a pretty good but definitely not great recruiting class.

The more mediocre seasons we string together the further and further we fade from national relevance. I'm hoping next year is a big improvement but I honestly see us struggling to stay in the top 4 or 5 of a thoroughly mediocre conference.

Sheesh... Let the dudes play a few games and see how it goes Mr. Sunshine. We don’t need to talk about what happened post-2014 until Hurley got hired. Last year was Hurley’s first year with UConn, throw him a friggin bone. We relied heavily on Jalen last year. Next year is another year away from old bad habits. He was able to recruit a top-20 class. Things are so far so good. I don’t care if we don’t get Precious because we have Akok! A big one!

Reaction Score
Memphis is going to be a suped up AAU team next season. They aren’t guaranteed success. Penny better win or all of this momentum is going to come swinging back the other way. Give me a Hurley’s approach any day. He taking the long term approach(singles and doubles), he’s taking contact swings. Penny is swinging for the fences. He better hit the ball.....
You are spot on. Eight new players on the roster with seven of them being freshmen. Two challenges: 1) I don't care what their individual ranking is....they are still freshmen and 2) team chemistry. Calapari has done this long enough to make it work. Penny is a newbie at this.

Reaction Score

We have 3 top 100 recruits, a top 20 ranked class, and an open scholarship remaining. What would you define as a great recruiting class?

Reaction Score
I don't know why Precious is creating all of this drama by pretending that he's still undecided. If it's Memphis, just say it so that Hurley can move on.

My guess is that he just wants to splash the pot.
I am sure Hurley has been keeping tabs on him and knows already where he is committing. It's common courtesy to let prospective schools know that they are going elsewhere

Reaction Score
You should have told the staff that!

The staff knew it as well, they threw up a "Hail Mary", but didn't waste a ton of time recruiting him either. Once he transferred schools, the writing was on the wall for everyone to see.

Reaction Score
We’re in the final four per his IG story

0DC41E5D-C7BB-4699-BB2F-30EFDE94CBFA.jpeg

Reaction Score
Imagine thinking theres any legitment reason for a kid to go to Memphis over North Carolina or Kansas. Only the kids penny coached I understand, everyone else is getting something unde the table. Hasn't this FBI investigation taught yall anything?

The FBI investigation has taught me that literally anyone of consequence is getting something under the table. Everyone from every college. Kansas and UNC are paying the kids under the table just like Memphis.

So the only difference IS the legitimate reasons. In this case, Penny's relationship building and cult of personality, NBA scout throng that will follow the team (mostly Wiseman), and natural human desire to be part of a "moment".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom