Precious announcing this weekend? And Bill Self may or may not be a terrible human being | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Precious announcing this weekend? And Bill Self may or may not be a terrible human being

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Never said that they did. Just said Self is world class scummy.

We obviously suck at cheating. Calipari, Pitino, Self, Williams, Boeheim, Miller, Pearl, Coach K, and Wade are pros. We're rank amateurs. It explains a lot.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
You deserve a like for this much writing.
Thanks, I try to get as much mileage out it as I can. I need to do one on Syracuse next.

Reaction Score
Even though he's a known cheater and has left two prior programs with vacated wins and titles, he's never been caught cheating at Kentucky?
That's your argument?

It’s not an argument since I said I don’t have any evidence. I said it’s a gut feeling. He’s a charming BS’er who runs one of the most historical basketball programs of all-time. I wouldn’t think it takes much, if any cheating to convince kids to go to Kentucky. Same thing goes for Duke. That’s why I think (key word, think) they are clean.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It’s not an argument since I said I don’t have any evidence. I said it’s a gut feeling. He’s a charming BS’er who runs one of the most historical basketball programs of all-time. I wouldn’t think it takes much, if any cheating to convince kids to go to Kentucky. Same thing goes for Duke. That’s why I think (key word, think) they are clean.

And Self is a charming BSer who runs one of the most historical programs of all time as well. If you want to look where money is flowing, look at schools that don’t have the appeal of UK, KU, Duke, UNC but who reel in top kids. Situations like LSU recently. Miss State a few years ago. Auburn lately. It’s not that hard to see where things don’t make sense.

Reaction Score
And Self is a charming BSer who runs one of the most historical programs of all time as well. If you want to look where money is flowing, look at schools that don’t have the appeal of UK, KU, Duke, UNC but who reel in top kids. Situations like LSU recently. Miss State a few years ago. Auburn lately. It’s not that hard to see where things don’t make sense.

Duke and Kentucky have each had top 3 classes each of the last 5 years. Kansas? Once. I’m sorry but they do not have the same appeal as Duke and Kentucky. And please don’t try to make me out as biased. I’m not a fan of any of the programs or their coaches. I just think it’s quite obvious Duke and Kentucky are on a different level than Kansas, and just about anyone else for that matter.

CL82

Reaction Score
Trust me, this is saved on his computer.

"YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT IT IS!"

CL82

Reaction Score
Lew knew how to live.
Feel bad about his Kansas flame out. He got in with a bad crowd... the Kansas athletic department.

Reaction Score
Feel bad about his Kansas flame out. He got in with a bad crowd... the Kansas athletic department.

He just saw an opportunity at a place that actually sold tickets ;).

Reaction Score
Wow, just wow. Someone thinks K and Calipari are clean.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Thanks, I try to get as much mileage out it as I can. I need to do one on Syracuse next.
Syracuse has been slapped for their moments. Go after the one's that never get slapped. Puke heads that list. Numerous well chronicled transgressions. Kentucky in the Cal years seems like a good choice. And maybe a special edition on Roy Williams following his Kansas and UNC days. He plays a good village idiot, but there's way more than meets the eye.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t think it takes much, if any cheating to convince kids to go to Kentucky. Same thing goes for Duke. That’s why I think (key word, think) they are clean.
You're probably right about recruits perceptions and desire to go to those schools, but I'm of the opinion that bidding wars may occasionally start when they want the same player (See Zionn and Puke vs Kansas). I think these large schools have more resources (boosters and friends of the program) and ways to "convince" recruits to attend their school that are easier to hide than cash coming through Nike or Adidas' checking accounts.

Reaction Score
I clearly said I don't have any evidence and neither do you. Please show me evidence of K or Calipari cheating and I'll change my mind.

You need EVIDENCE of Calipari's having cheated? You might need far more than that. Are you still wondering whether Mrs. Lincoln liked the play that night?

Reaction Score
I was referring to him at Kentucky...I'm well aware of his past at Memphis.
We obviously suck at cheating. Calipari, Pitino, Self, Williams, Boeheim, Miller, Pearl, Coach K, and Wade are pros. We're rank amateurs. It explains a lot.

We have four national championships in the last 21 seasons. More than anyone else. If you have to cheat to be really good, that would mean that -- at least before we started sucking the last few years -- we cheated.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
We have four national championships in the last 21 seasons. More than anyone else. If you have to cheat to be really good, that would mean that -- at least before we started sucking the last few years -- we cheated.

Na, Calhoun was the elite of the elite when it comes to coaches and getting the most out of his players.

Reaction Score
Na, Calhoun was the elite of the elite when it comes to coaches and getting the most out of his players.

He was. As is K. And Calipari. You can be a great coach and still cheat in recruiting. And JC certainly had to deal with accusations and rumors all the time.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
He was. As is K. And Calipari. You can be a great coach and still cheat in recruiting. And JC certainly had to deal with accusations and rumors all the time.

We can say Cal cheated for sure, and K has gotten some classes that are certainly questionable at best. Calhoun may have been cheating adjacent but not much evidence of him out and out cheating. However, I'd agree that if Calhoun was coaching now he would have cheated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom