Precious announcing this weekend? And Bill Self may or may not be a terrible human being | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Precious announcing this weekend? And Bill Self may or may not be a terrible human being

Reaction Score
Wish he was deciding right now so we can make moves on the artillery we may need to play against him.

Would be crazy if he punked everyone and came here! Big swing!!

Hurley is still our guy no matter what the outcome is. UConn and Memphis will take their rightful place at the top of the American very soon!

Reaction Score
Would be great if he does choose UConn but if he doesn't, and everything points in that direction, at least this is behind the staff and they can concentrate on plan B, C, D, E, F..........
Except we are on plan G and he is on an official at Oklahoma. Our front court remains a huge problem.

Reaction Score
I hope he doesn't play the hat game
Ha, couldn’t agree more. Question for recruiting gurus on here...

Has UConn ever signed a recruit who announced on national tv with 3 hats in front of him??

Not a single recruit comes to mind

Reaction Score
Plan b is a sit 1 play 2 when you have no front court. Sure. Plan A/B committed to Illinois or will commit to Memphis this weekend. Try again.
I was talking strictly uncommitted people we're pursuing, obviously Kofi was Plan A. People can talk about big, big, big all they want, but it's clear Hurley has prioritized Cole

Reaction Score
Ha, couldn’t agree more. Question for recruiting gurus on here...

Has UConn ever signed a recruit who announced on national tv with 3 hats in front of him??

Not a single recruit comes to mind

Not all recruits use hats. For example, Wiseman used a stuffed unicorn.

Reaction Score
I’m thinking he realizes there’s only 1 scholarship left at Memphis and he wants to take it before anyone else does.
Do they still have one left after Boogie Ellis committed?

Reaction Score
I was talking strictly uncommitted people we're pursuing, obviously Kofi was Plan A. People can talk about big, big, big all they want, but it's clear Hurley has prioritized Cole
And he would be a very nice add. But Hurley even said after the season that our front court needs to be addressed. It hasn't.

Reaction Score
And he would be a very nice add. But Hurley even said after the season that our front court needs to be addressed. It hasn't.
Hopefully we're able to land one of our top 2020 targets and we'll have a good frontcourt again

Reaction Score
With the way things are taking shape in the AAC, Hurley should eventually find bigs consistently.

Reaction Score
Do they still have one left after Boogie Ellis committed?

Yup. Plus Penny's son is on scholarship right now, but since he gets free tuition for being an employee's kid, Penny can move him to walk-on status.

Reaction Score
Yup. Plus Penny's son is on scholarship right now, but since he gets free tuition for being an employee's kid, Penny can move him to walk-on status.

I'm sure either way it doesn't matter for someone who has tons of money like Hardaway does, but Memphis employees only get a 50% discount.

Reaction Score
I really don’t get this. What is so sexy about Memphis?

We are in the same conference, have better facilities, are much better academically (I know not a huge deal for 1 and done), have a better pedigree, have a proven x and o’s coach, and a huge hole on our roster to fill. It makes no sense. I get Kentucky or duke or UNC or Kansas, even UCLA or Indiana. I don’t get Memphis, or, Illinois for that matter. At all.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I really don’t get this. What is so sexy about Memphis?

We are in the same conference, have better facilities, are much better academically (I know not a huge deal for 1 and done), have a better pedigree and have a proven x and o’s coach, and a huge hole on our roster to fill. It makes no sense. I get Kentucky or duke or UNC or Kansas, even UCLA or Indiana. I don’t get Memphis, or, Illinois for that matter. At all.

Penny seems to be selling recruits on a national takeover, more exciting and a little less mainstream alternative to Duke and Kentucky. Its new, fresh, and aggressive. Kids can be sold on this type of vision.

Reaction Score
Penny seems to be selling recruits on a national takeover, more exciting and a little less mainstream alternative to Duke and Kentucky. Its new, fresh, and aggressive. Kids can be sold on this type of vision.

This is the most fitting explanation. I am thinking the same thing but couldn’t word it. Memphis right now is just “in-style.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom