Precious Achiuwa Visiting | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa Visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think UNC and Kansas are the two blue bloods kind of involved. Kansas seems to be recruiting other forwards as well. UNC scares me a little but they're not really a one and done school. My guess is were still in the drivers seat, but yeah, no shocker others are trying to hop in

C

Chief00

Calhoun calls Tom Moore, “ The Politician”. I think because how of he handles the media. Tom’s quotes in the New London Day article already posted in another thread are interesting.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Calhoun calls Tom Moore, “ The Politician”. I think because how of he handles the media. Tom’s quotes in the New London Day article already posted in another thread are interesting.
Couldn’t read them. What did he say?

C

Chief00

Couldn’t read them. What did he say?
Now I can’t access. One thing he did say was the KO case mess wasn’t impacting recruits on visits here. However, that doesn’t mean other schools aren’t using it against us with them.

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more. If I was a top 50 player and someone made fun of my name, their school would be eliminated from my potential school list.

#likeforsarcasm

Reaction Score
These jokes are not funny. They never were funny. They are not funny when you people do it to the recruits names either. Make a real joke. This is pathetically easy and immature.
Yeah the joke wasn't funny . . . to you.
And, verily, the joke wasn't funny . . . to me.
But, the joke may have been funny to somebody else.
In any case, I have this neat trick that I use when somebody tells a joke that isn't funny.
What I do, is I don't laugh, and I go on with life as if nothing happened, understanding that different strokes for different folks and all.

I encourage you to try it.

Reaction Score
In any case, I have this neat trick that I use when somebody tells a joke that isn't funny.
What I do, is I don't laugh, and I go on with life as if nothing happened, understanding that different strokes for different folks and all.

Good advice but the guys still an @$$

Reaction Score

but if he doesn't chime in, how will the rest of the world know what to do with a joke? The world needs a joke monitor who appoints himself to this highly important position

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
but if he doesn't chime in, how will the rest of the world know what to do with a joke? The world needs a joke monitor who appoints himself to this highly important position
I costs me little to widen myself to the perspective that some humors reinforce norms that strengthen some and weaken others in a manner not entirely unlike the mechanisms that govern the "miracle of compound interest." It's a blessing in itself to be in a position to shout someone down, and sometimes a terror to be shouted down, trivialized, discounted, etc.

Nobody's cornered the market on appropriate righteousness here, certainly not me. I can still chuckle seeing Rick Majerus and Steve Lavin, but I get how it can show up as insensitive, privileged, and tiresome as well. The edits to this thread don't diminish it meaningfully, and certainly help to put the focus back on the Precious prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom