Precious Achiuwa offered by UNC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa offered by UNC

C

Chief00

We don't nor do we want to stoop that low. If the kid picks UNC and the thought of beneifiting from fake classes even crosses his mind as a reason to go to UNC not the kid for UConn and I know at least some will disagree or be mad at me for saying that but we need talented kids who can also hit the books considering Uconns apr history (fair or not, hint: not fair) and who's at the helm of the NCAA currently. I'll cheer for UConn to pick up a slightly less talented kid with study habits like oakfor rather than a kid who struggles with studies even if he is a little more talented, don't care. But again, UConn kind of has to considering that guy whose name starts with an E. Football is different but for bball don't need to sacrifice academics when recruiting imo. Last thing UConn needs is a Shaq from blue chips type thing with SATs. Don't remember who shaq played in that movie.
Do you really think Calhoun recruited Okafor for his “study habits”? True, once he discovered he was an excellent student, he highlighted that for public relations purposes. As you know, Chief loves Calhoun and Okafor, but Chief just keeping it real.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
We don't nor do we want to stoop that low. If the kid picks UNC and the thought of beneifiting from fake classes even crosses his mind as a reason to go to UNC not the kid for UConn and I know at least some will disagree or be mad at me for saying that but we need talented kids who can also hit the books considering Uconns apr history (fair or not, hint: not fair) and who's at the helm of the NCAA currently. I'll cheer for UConn to pick up a slightly less talented kid with study habits like oakfor rather than a kid who struggles with studies even if he is a little more talented, don't care. But again, UConn kind of has to considering that guy whose name starts with an E. Football is different but for bball don't need to sacrifice academics when recruiting imo. Last thing UConn needs is a Shaq from blue chips type thing with SATs. Don't remember who shaq played in that movie.

Let's not kid ourselves here, EVERY big time program has their players take classes that are taught by "friends of the program", UConn included. The only difference between what UNC did and everybody else, is that UNC got caught. Talent ALWAYS comes first! Like the quote in the movie The Program "when is the last time you saw 80,000 people show up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment?"

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Let's not kid ourselves here, EVERY big time program has their players take classes that are taught by "friends of the program", UConn included. The only difference between what UNC did and everybody else, is that UNC got caught. Talent ALWAYS comes first! Like the quote in the movie The Program "when is the last time you saw 80,000 people show up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment?"

No man. Every school may have 'rocks for Jocks', but it's not remotely close to the systemic fraud UNC got away with. There's a reason that UNC got audited by legitimate academic bodies to determine accreditation, and as an institution, was put on probation for such. This just does not happen at most universities.

If you think that, you may need to go back to school.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
My "narrative"?? When people thought he was ours, it was going to propel us back to the halcyon days and show we were back. Now that it looks like he's going elsewhere it's just "eh, we never had a chance anyhow". I get that logic when it was under the KO regime, but why is it acceptable now??

Uh, maybe cause KO had been on the job for 6 years, with a NC in hand, and he struggled to land 3 stars towards the end. Hurley's been on the job for 8 months. Eight.

Maybe because folks placed the "master recruiter" hat on Dan Hurley's head before he even started to recruit in a ultra competitive environment - this aint Wagner or URI
A lot of digs at KO but lets see what this staff can do with the big boys. I read someone say UConn has a top 20 recruiting class right now -

I realize I'm late to the party here, but you two are being utterly ridiculous.

Calhoun landed what, approximately 5 or 6 Top 10 recruits in 25 years on the job? As a legit HOF coach?

And you expect Hurley to land one in 8 months on the job? Taking over a completely moribund program? Get out here with that.

Nobody said 'master', but from any objective perspective, it's miles ahead of where KO was at the end. Like light years.

Reaction Score
Uh, maybe cause KO had been on the job for 6 years, with a NC in hand, and he struggled to land 3 stars towards the end. Hurley's been on the job for 8 months. Eight.

I realize I'm late to the party here, but you two are being utterly ridiculous.

Calhoun landed what, approximately 5 or 6 Top 10 recruits in 25 years on the job? As a legit HOF coach?

And you expect Hurley to land one in 8 months on the job? Taking over a completely moribund program? Get out here with that.

Nobody said 'master', but from any objective perspective, it's miles ahead of where KO was at the end. Like light years.
We have the #17 ranked class right now and Kofi would put us around top 10. Precious is a luxury recruit. Im not sure how people don't understand that but most of them still think Ollie was a good coach so that explains most of it.

If we don't land Kofi or another top center then people can complain

Reaction Score
Watched the Montverde/Norcross game on ESPN3 today. First time watching Precious and I think this kid can play the 5 in the college level. Much stronger looking than I expected and impressive fluidity and skill. Not a bad jump shot either and he made a good pass on the high/low. Hope he signs with UConn!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom